Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-08-03-WCW-Nitro] Scott Steiner promo

Loss

• 2 months later...

Scott Steiner still isn't acting like Big Poppa Pump. He's not over in the least. Scott is acting all humble because he says he got a phone call from his mom this week to set him straight. He quits the NWO. Jesus, do they have anything to do to advance a Steiners feud other than false sincerity swerves? He asks Rick to come out and Bagwell comes out doing a Rick Steiner parody. Not remotely funny. WCW is falling apart at the seams. If you listen closely, you can actually hear people changing the channel to Raw.

• 1 month later...

Scotts 4 Life, but not 4 me line was delivered good and got a pop but Buff as the dog face, felt like a hollow attempt to create the parodies the NWO did last year. Buff of course has no where near the heat he did a few weeks ago as a face. Rick finally comes out and pops Scott in the face with a chair.

• 1 year later...

Holy God, *another* phony fakeout angle, and there's MULTIPLE COPIES OF THIS SET-UP IN THIS FEUD STILL TO COME. Scott Steiner's mother makes her presence felt for the first time since SummerSlam '93, as she allegedly called Scott on the phone and talked him out of being part of the NWO. Scott cuts a bad promo even though it's *supposed* to be insincere and this crowd just dies. This is so not the right character for him--he needs to be a madman all the way, but I guess I'm stating the obvious. It just kills me that someone backstage obviously thinks these skits are the height of merriment.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-08-03-WCW-Nitro] Scott Steiner promo