Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-12-14-WCW-Nitro] Chris Jericho and Konnan

Loss

• 3 months later...

Jericho is out to explain the Magic Foreign Object Theory to recap how he lost the TV title. He brings out a guy pretending to be Konnan and I'm laughing that some of the idiots in the crowd actually thought the real Konnan was going to come out when the music started. Jericho's account of the match is hilarious. Konnan apparently hit Jericho with a chain and a huge shovel, among other things. The good news is that you can't stop rock and roll, and you can't stop Chris Jericho either.

• 3 weeks later...

This rounds off the years Chris Jericho fun. He was my favourite wrestler at the time and it's still great to watch now. Here he is ably assisted by Ralphus as he tells the tale of how Konnan tragically won the Television Title. And even worse is that he gets to keep it.

• 1 month later...

I didn't think Jericho had something like this in him this late in his run as this was great and felt like the stuff in early 1998. I really think Jericho was fabulous as a talker and overall heel in 1998. Groundbreaking stuff all around and would be #1 in year end awards if Mr. McMahon didn't exist.

• 2 years later...

Jericho recaps how that Baby Huey-lookalike Konnan assassinated his TV title reign from a grassy knoll--"he put the brass knucks on his stubby little fingers...", then beats the impostor up for good measure to show what he'll do to Konnan at Starrcade. Maybe one of the last really good WCW Jericho segments

• GSR changed the title to [1998-12-14-WCW-Nitro] Chris Jericho and Konnan