Pro Wrestling Only

Modern Indie Wrestling

concrete1992

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to watch the GCW shows because some of the matches looked interesting on paper but man I just can not do GCW. The entire vibe and look and sound and feel is just gross. To me these WM weekend shows and dream matches usually don't deliver because everyone is working so many shows and matches in a day or two that no one goes all out and delivers the matches they would on a regular show.

Bloodsport sucks. Every time I try to watch those shows and they're just boring trash of people who don't do shootstyle doing really shitty shootstyle.

Joey Janela's Spring Break (night1) clearly isn't what it used to be. The chaotic charm is kinda gone honestly. Mickie James vs Allie was quite good (says a lot about Mickie too, as the Ruby Soho match wasn't), AR Fox vs Blake Christian was a cool indie spotfest. X-Pac vs Janela was.... not very good, let's be real here. Mox garbage match was kind of a waste of time too against a guy who clearly belongs in GCW...

The Wrestlecon show on the other hand... Tons of great and fun stuff.

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

X Pac was working with a torn bicep, which while not smart, at least explains why the match wasn't up to expectations. 

I know he did. Still did a Canadian Destroyer though, because of course. But really, I wasn't putting the blame on him, honestly... (and I have enjoyed some of Janela's clusterfucks in the past). Waltman actually apologized after the match, so that tells a lot about him too.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

The Wrestlecon show on the other hand... Tons of great and fun stuff.

Until the main event, which displayed one again why Low Ki could never stay employed anywhere in a legit company, as he managed to waste everybody's time getting annoyed with a fan at ringside, to the point Veda Scott was irked enough to mention on commentary that the match was against the Briscoes and the the fan and that he should focus (which clearly was a kayfabe way of pointing out he was being unprofessional). Also, during the match, Jay actually got the cookie plate the guy was carrying to bash Low Ki's head with it (which was pretty funny), and gave a high five and a friendly tap to said fan after the match. But Low-Ki's bullshit actually kinda killed the mood of what had been a good spirited, fun-oriented show until then. What a fucking dweeb this guy is.:lol: