Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Takeover Fatal 4 Way

cpst

Great main event match. Everybody worked their butts off in it. To me the true star was Tyson Kid who was absolutely great in the ring and his arrogant sider. I don't really have a problem with the finish as long as it makes Sami Zayn more intense and maybe even a heel. If we still get gullible "oh well I will just have to work harder next time" Sami then we could have a problem.

Charlotte vs Bayley was pretty good but not on the level of the other 2 divas matches. Although to be fair that is high bar to jump over. Really did a good job of putting over Bayley as someone who isn't just some naive little girl who doesn't belong there. shocked to see a top rope rana from her and done really well too.

Not sure if it was better than the first 2 shows but definitely worth a watch.

I thought Charlotte looked so good tonight minus the moonsault. She really worked a smart match. She just targeted that neck of Bailey's throughout. Bailey was good in her role as plucky underdog baby face. I've never been a fan of Divas matches, but I'm getting behind Charlotte and believe now is the time to push the division behind the fans of Total Divas.

I really enjoyed the show. It had a Clash of the Champions feel to it in terms of each match was presented genuinely as important and introduced new guys into the fold. I was a little disappointed that they changed KENTA's name but I knew the copyright hammer would eventually come in. The first half of the 4 way was a WWE style 4 way and the second half turned into a really good match that showed each guys strengths in the ring.

Also it was first time that I didn't have problems with the live stream buffering or anything like that.

The show was fine in that in kept my attention for the most part. They had some strong ideas in the four way and the execution was pretty good. I saw some PWG comparisons made on twitter about that match, but to me it had an early 2000's indies/ROH vibe to it. It was four solid wrestlers with some good ideas and fine execution that lead to a fun but not great match. It didn't over the over-the-topness of a PWG match (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

I enjoyed Kenta's debut. He was placed in a difficult spot having to cut an English promo in front of a crowd on live television, being instructed to deliver a message in Japanese mid promo, and then having to explain a name change to an audience who is not used to having name changes explained that way. He handled it as well as can be expected. I can't believe people are still getting worked up over name changes. Hideo Itami is not a bad name. It rolls off the tongue well. I am far from a huge Kenta fan but they presented him in such a way that I am psyched to see where he goes from here. He looked good taking out the Ascension and although a small sample size, it demonstrated on at least some level that he can translate his offense to the WWE environment.

I haven't watched much NXT outside of the live specials since the Network launch, but the thing that always struck me about the Ascension, particularly in their match tonight, is that they aren't very good. Kalisto could have slowed things down, but that only goes so far.

They'e both been in developmental forever.

I haven't watched much NXT outside of the live specials since the Network launch, but the thing that always struck me about the Ascension, particularly in their match tonight, is that they aren't very good. Kalisto could have slowed things down, but that only goes so far.

They'e both been in developmental forever.

I don't watch a lot of NXT either (mostly the specials and some TV here and there) but I got the same impression. They should either cut those guys or send them to the main roster and let them sink or swim.

Finally watched the show. It's on Hulu Plus now, so it turns out you do not need the Network to keep up with NXT. You just won't get the show live, that's all.

Anyway, my thoughts:

- I skipped or fast-forwarded through most of the undercard, so if there was anything great there, please let me know.

- I don't exactly love The Ascension, but having them lose to Sin Cara and Kalisto seems like such a waste of time to me. The "Lucha Dragons" would be a jobber team in any other era, and they only serve as a reminder now of how much better the Lucha and Cruiserweight scene in America was only a decade ago.

- I liked the debut of Kenta, and I even dig the new Hideo Itami moniker. It rolls off the tongue nicely IMO.

- As great as NXT is, and as much deserved praise as it gets, the undercard wrestlers that I witnessed were all pretty goofy and lame. I really hope they mature and evolve into better wrestlers and characters, because if that's the future of the WWE, we're in trouble. Too harsh?

- Charlotte vs. Bayley was fun, and I really dig Bayley's character. Charlotte is improving but hasn't quite put it all together yet. I noticed a few jarring rookie mistakes, with the major one being the moonsault. When she landed, there was so much air between her and Bayley that it didn't feel impactful at all. Still, even though Charlotte isn't quite there yet, her potential is obvious. Bayley's too.

- The main event was fun, but not what I'd call great by any means. I hate the WWE's typical formula for three- and four-way matches, with 1-2 wrestlers always on the outside for whatever reason. There has to be a better way to format these matches. Adrian Neville, as usual, was bland and pedestrian until he flew through the air, but that seems to be the only thing he has going for him. Am I wrong? Tyler Breeze is pretty good too, but the whole gimmick smacks of midcard to me. I see a ceiling with it. It probably doesn't help that he can't plausibly turn face with a character like that. Then again, that didn't seem to hurt Rick Rude too much. Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd were the best two wrestlers in the match, and I'm glad to see a Neville/Zayn issue develop from this match. That should be fun!

Overall, I thought it was a solid, fun, show, but nothing blow away. The crap was pretty much kept short. Blink and you'll miss Parker/Corbin and Mojo/Bull. I liked the finish of the four way, and it looks like Neville/Zayn is the next big title program, but, like Zero said the first half was sloppy.

I thought it was weird to introduce him as KENTA and them flat out announce his new name.

BTW, when did Charlotte's finisher get changed from "Bow Down to the Queen" or "Natural Selection."