Pro Wrestling Only

How much footage does it take for you to feel comfortable ranking people?

Grimmas

I usually want to make a first determination after 7-8 matches usually with a tag match thrown in and hopefully something under 10 minutes when it comes to people from Japan or Mexico. This is generally to slot them either in either the top 100 or not. If I'm planning on slotting them, I will move to another block of about the same length to get a better feel. There simply isn't a way for me to watch every hyped thing ever and if I didn't like the initial sample, I move on to something new.

I think one thing that I have in common with Matt is that I really want to get the measure of a guy by seeing him in a variety of different situations -- not JUST the hyped matches, but what's he doing on a "rainy Saturday"? What are his TV matches like? How does he work gimmick matches? What's a typical match of his like?

I skew more towards "total package" than "great matches" when assessing guys, and you can't get a measure of it unless you see a bit of everything. In other words, I don't just want the greatest hits, you need those album tracks.

Now, whatever Loss says, reading his comments on Bret Hart, I know deep down he's the same.

My strategy right now is going all YouTube on some of these peeps. Seems like it just works out to have a good cross section of a couple pimped matches, a few tag matches, and a slew of random matches. So safe to say I'd like to take the "total package" approach. While GREAT MATCHES will totally give them a boost for me those get a bit dulled by some meh performances.

I'm on the 7-8 matches area myself. Probably more towards the top. Also want hit 3 periods: pre-peak, peak, post-peak. Could have probably said that in a simpler way but alas. And that peak business is if feasible.