Pro Wrestling Only

Place to Be Podcast Thread

Bigelow34

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott head into the Vintage Vault for a look back at WrestleMania 21. They talk about Rey Mysterio, Edge, Randy Orton, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, John Cena, Batista and more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott and Justin as it's time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott head into the Vintage Vault for a look back at Backlash 2005. They talk about Shelton Benjamin, Hurricane & Rosey, Edge, Paul Orndorff, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Batista and more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott and Justin as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-384-backlash-2005/

Yeah I'm not in that camp. There's no way they improvised the refs raising each guy's arm and the complete restart. What did the Observer say?

Observer said it was a total fuck up. Vince was screaming in the headsets at the referees to go to their brands guy so he could come out and restart it. Considering it was an accident, it was amazing how they both managed to hit at the exact same time and allowed for this scenario. Would have been quite amusing if Batista's own lack of coordination eliminated him from the Rumble he was designed to win.

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of year! The fifth annual Place to Be Podcast Halloween Spooktacular has arrived! Join this epic costume party as the boys welcome guest after guest into the bash to talk all things Halloween! And there are plenty of tricks, treats and laughs along the way as always!

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott head into the Vintage Vault for a look back at Judgment Day 2005. They talk about MNM, Carlito, Paul London, Eddie Guerrero, beastiality, John Cena and more!

The boys also reveal the newest tournament coming to Place to Be Nation!

Man, this Angle Angle was the point where he really falls off the deep end for me. Regardless of what he may have been doing privately, Angle had a relatively clean image up until this point. Also around this time is the promo he cut about how people shouldn't dare boo him because his life was completely falling apart due to his dedication to wrestling. Yeah, this was the beginning of the DWI, pill-popping, domestic violence, one-bump-away-from-paralysis Kurt that we all know and love today. Just so uncomfortable all around. This is the kind of stuff that's embarrassing to watch. The kind of stuff that if a non-fan walks in and sees, they'll point out how stupid professional wrestling is and you really can't argue with them.

And I love goofy smiling baby face but still psychotic Heidenreich. One of my all-time guilty pleasures.

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott get extreme with special guest John D’Amato as they head into the Vintage Vault for a look back at ECW One Night Stand 2005! John was live in the Manhattan Center and he lends his view from inside the madness as they discuss Paul Heyman, Rob Van Dam, Mike Awesome, Sandman and a whole lot more!

So fire up this action-packed episode and join Scott and Justin as it’s time for another edition of the PTB Podcast!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-387-one-night-stand-2005/

• 2 weeks later...

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Marc Clair to look at Vengeance 2005! They discuss Carlito, Viscera, the absurd Kane/Lita/Edge/Hardy love square, Kurt Angle, John Cena, Triple H and much more!

The legend around the Cena/Christian/Jericho triple threat was that Jericho was inserted into the feud because they didn't have faith in Christian as a PPV draw against Cena. Which is odd because they had two titles on that PPV so it's not like there wasn't precedent for lesser title matches, Holly vs. Lesnar being a prime example.

I like Scott's running down of the Gold Rush Tournament results by saying Triple H beat Benoit, which didn't happen, Then he says Kane beat Benoit. If you were going by Scott's run down, then that would make Kane beating Triple H then. I know if I was on, you'd be corrected immediately by me. The semi-finals of the tournament was the first WWE show I ever attended. RAW 5/9/05.

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott take a look at Great American Bash 2005! They discuss Animal, Orlando Jordan, Muhammad Hassan, Eddie Guerrero, Candice Michelle, Batista and much more!

Ho, ho ho! In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, it is time for our fifth annual Christmas Extravaganza! This time, join Scott, Justin and a host of PTBN staff members as they tell the heartwarming and entertaining story entitled “The Divine Holiday”. It is filled with madness, love, murder, suspense, betrayal, lust and… well, just listen to find out the rest!

So grab some cookies and milk and settle in by the fire because it is time for another holiday edition of the PTB Podcast!

The episode started off very good, then there was 1 sour spot towards the end that made me want to puke. Mentioning the name Triple T Hamilton in this episode hit a sore spot with me. I thought the episode was going to be good, but that 1 sour spot put a damper on this episode. :angry: He goes by the nickname Wrestlevessel.