pol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, El-P said:

Haven't followed that tour at all. Any interesting matches planned for the final night ?

I don't believe anything's been pushed for the final night beyond Goto/Ibushi as noted above.  Fingers crossed that leads to Ibushi/Ospreay for WK.

There are a couple 6 man tags any day now featuring Tanahashi & Okada working together.  Absolutely checking those out, but otherwise no plans to dip in here unless I hear something is particularly compelling.  Its still so odd to me that the company almost books itself cold 6 weeks out of its biggest annual show.

6 hours ago, Boss Rock said:

Along with Goto-Ibushi for the NEVER title they're doing Taichi-Ospreay for a title shot, which I imagine sets up Ospreay-Ibushi at WK.

Let's hope.  A bit worried they could shoehorn Goto in and make it a threeway.

Anything worth checking out on this tour yet?  I popped in for a couple of the Tana/Okada tags, which were all fine, but have yet to hear of anything in the tag league that is appointment viewing.

4 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Anything worth checking out on this tour yet?  I popped in for a couple of the Tana/Okada tags, which were all fine, but have yet to hear of anything in the tag league that is appointment viewing.

If I'm picking one match, Taichi/Sabre vs. LIJ. Taichi/Sabre also had good matches with Page/Takahashi and Suzuki/Iizuka. Best Friends vs. GOD was also pretty fun. 

5 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Not that I know of, I typically tune out during the tag league. But I agree on Goto. Like he's decent, but not really the guy I would always give this sort of push to.

14 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Taichi/Ospreay was awesome. By far the most Kawada-esque performance Taichi has ever turned in.

Damn, and now I really want to watch that match despite the fact I don't care for the card very much. Yeah, I noticed the Kawada influence before too when he gets serious.

Just now, WingedEagle said:

Everyone should check out yesterday's Tana/Ospreay vs. Golden Lovers main event.  Another outstanding tag from New Japan's singles crew.  While not exactly a focus of the promotion as these outings are never part of the tag title picture, the company has quietly put on a ton of spectacular tags this year.

Adding the Golden Lovers has really elevated these main event tag matches. Their matches with Ishii/Ospreay, Ishii/Okada, Cody/Page have all been excellent too, and I can't imagine another pair of singles guys reaching this consistent a level in tags.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Definitely gonna watch those Korakuen shows in the days to come.

I didn't realize until now, but on paper the Tokyo Dome line-up is absolutely insane.

IN-SANE.

You can be selective on the Korakuen shows.  Night 2 main event is required viewing, and I enjoyed the young lions opener because its fun to see them get a chance to go that ong, but beyond that go for whatever looks appealing.  Nothing else is really required.