Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-12-12-WWF-Armageddon] Chris Jericho vs Chyna

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Jericho is a miracle worker to pull off a match this good with Chyna. You can tell he felt like his back was against the wall and he needed to prove he was good in the ring, because he goes all out to have a good match. This really should have been the end of the debate over Jericho's ability to work a match, but Chyna ended up with a black eye, which famously led to Vince blowing a gasket and telling him he wasn't even worth the paper his contract was printed on. Political stuff aside, Jericho created some tremendous false finishes and was able to create movement around Chyna to make her look really athletic, even sometimes throwing himself into moves where she only had to pull off something really simple. This is easily the best match of her career and this just might make my top 100. Jericho wins the IC title.

Post-match, Jericho is doing an interview when Chyna tells him he was the better wrestler and shakes his hand before walking away.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I dunno, I thought the Good Housekeeping Match and this were pretty close in overall quality, but the first match was due to all the bells and whistles surrounding it, while Jericho turned in a better individual performance and match layout (assuming Jericho laid out/called the match). Backstage fighting aside, at least the finish to this was the right one, as Jericho wins decisively.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-12-12-WWF-Armageddon] Chris Jericho vs Chyna