Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-04-25-AJPW-Wrestlemarinepiad] Debbie Malenko & Sakie Hasegawa vs Takako Inoue & Mariko Yoshida

PeteF3

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Marinepiad was a major event with four successive title matches. None of them were classics, though all four are worth checking out. No other promotion was putting out cards with so much depth. It's always fun to see young wrestlers levelling up. They weren't quite there yet, but this was a good effort at a big title match. Frenetic action from the start with barely a pause for breath. High quality at times and sloppy at others due to unfamiliarity. It was Malenko who impressed me the most here with her wicked moveset. She didn't lack for talent. Her partner Sakie was most culpable of mistakes. Takako & Yoshida made both good friends and better enemies at the time. Alliances in Puro were often loose.

• 1 year later...

More basement joshi notes :)

I didn't understand the early Sakie punishment section other than to obviously setup a hot a Debbie tag (interesting choice of words in retrospect ;P)

Debbie & Sakie bring their skills to the mat. Mariko does a good job along with them.

**can't read my writing now**

Ah OK here we go:

The only thing that keeps this from being a great match is Takako. She's not terrible but she's lazy in terms of follow thru. Also she always gives out punishment worse than she takes but that's just a general gripe on her.

This is absolutely worth seeking out. Top notch wrestling from the mid card. Highly recommended

• GSR changed the title to [1992-04-25-AJPW-Wrestlemarinepiad] Debbie Malenko & Sakie Hasegawa vs Takako Inoue & Mariko Yoshida