Pro Wrestling Only

2015 WWE Hall of Fame

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loyal Company guy, fondly remembered from the cartoon, spent another decade as a Coliseum Video lynchpin, and then another after that as a goodwill ambassador. One of the iconic figures of the rock'n'wrestling era. Big name value from fans of a certain age.

All of those things are more important than wrestling skill, titles, etc, for the WWE hall of fame.

My point with what I said about Koko, Bushwackers, etc was that someone could make cases for them based on stuff outside of the WWE. Something Hillbilly Jim doesn't have.

I agree your points are valid, but I guess if Vince didn't put him in already, he's not going in.

They're probably waiting for a Mania to be in or near Hillbilly Jim's hometown. Okay, Hillbilly's kayfabe hometown was Mud Lick, Kentucky, so no Mania will ever be held there. :P But a Mania in Kentucky or whichever Southern state Hillbilly really comes from is certainly possible.

They're probably waiting for a Mania to be in or near Hillbilly Jim's hometown. Okay, Hillbilly's kayfabe hometown was Mud Lick, Kentucky, so no Mania will ever be held there. :P But a Mania in Kentucky or whichever Southern state Hillbilly really comes from is certainly possible.

WrestleMania Live at Paul Brown Stadium or Great American Ballpark in Cincy?

=;)

Not far off from kayfabe actually. Jim Morris is from Louisville which is a little less than three hours south of Mud Lick (also the "home" of his show on Sirius' Willie Nelson country music channel), and according to Wiki, resides in Bowling Green which oddly enough is a little more than an hour west of his kayfabe home!

I have no problem with Tatanka going in, but I anxiously await whatever revisionism they have in store for us as far as his impact.

Tatanka had a long undefeated streak and later one of the few genuinely shocking heel turns in the company (even though I saw it coming) + he beat Luger when wins and losses still mattered and Luger was still a big deal. I was never a Tatanka fan, but he did have an impact for 2-3 years.

Okay, I'm convinced.

Seems like Waltman will be going in too if I had to guess. Hopefully the Fabulous Freebirds, and maybe someone like Stan Hansen.

If WrestleMania XXXIII does wind up in Minneapolis maybe they'll induct Waltman then?

Has the whole "Mania is in a certain town, they have to induct so and so who was big there" thing ever actually been a thing?

2006 Chicago

The Fridge, WIlliam Perry

I guess Verne would count

2007 Detroit

The Sheik

2008 Orlando

Eddie Graham

The Briscos

Gordon Solie

2009 Houston

Austin

The Von Erichs

Terry and Dory Jr,

2013 New York

Foley

Bruno/Backlund

Trump

What celebrity and what foreign star, I wonder? I'd love to see Asuka induct Bull Nakano or something. Hey, Fujinami went in last year, so it's not *that* farfetched.

My memory could be completely off but I think Dave mentioned something about Tiger Mask a few months ago.

A logical choice would be Tenryu (former business partner, has been on Wrestlemania, etc.).

I won't say I'm surprised Ali isn't in already, but I wonder if that's a case of him or his people turning them down.

Based on his appearance at the opening of Marlins Park a coup lee years ago, I don't think Ali is capable of a public appearance of this scale any longer.

King Kong Bundy is the only headliner of an early WrestleMania who isn't in, correct? And then Sid, Rotunda and Luger from later Wrestlemania's? Okay, let's see here with the first 15...

Hogan/Piper/T/Orndorff/Snuka/Orton - All in

Hogan/Bundy - Hogan in, Bundy Not in

Hogan/Andre - Both in

Savage/Dibiase/Andre/Hogan- All in

Hogan/Savage - Both in

Hogan/Warrior - Both in

Hogan/Slaughter - Both in

Hogan/Sid/Savage/Flair - Sid left out

Bret/Yoko/Hogan/Dibiase/Rotundo/Brutus - IRS and the Barber left out

Luger/Bret/Owen/Yoko - Owen and Luger not in

Nash/HBK/LT/BamBam - Bammer and LT not in

Bret/HBK - Both in

Bret/Austin/Undertaker/Sid - Sid and Taker not in

Austin/HBK - Both in

Austin/Rock - Rock not in

Okay, so of innaugural (golden era/expansion era?) Wrestlemania's, here are the headliners (main events or promoted double main events) not in the WWE HOF:

King Kong Bundy

Sid

Mike Rotundo

Brutus Beefcake

Owen Hart

Lex Luger

Bigelow

Undertaker

Lawrence Taylor

The Rock

We all know Rock and Undertaker are going in, likely Owen Hart as well.

I gotta say King Kong Bundy is the most deserving of the rest of 'em though.

King Kong Bundy for HOF!!

• 3 weeks later...