75 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch the WWE Network?

• Video Game Console
    • Smart TV / Blu Ray Player / Amazon Fire TV / Roku
    • Computer
    • Tablet / Phone
    • Don't subscribe and don't want it
    • Don't subscribe because not yet accessible on TV

WWE doing a podcast and broadcasting on The Network would be great, but it would have to be done by someone like Jericho, Christian, etc. You know? Someone with a personality. Michael Cole interviewing someone in WWE's pocket who is too worried about towing the company line just will not do. I still don't understand how WWE wants to be seen as entertainment and aside from the movie venture (which is failing hard) why they won't venture into music (and I don't mean Stephanie Music or whatever the WWE label is called), artist/athlete management, etc.

This isn't the thread for this rant...so i will end it.

Roku Stick attached to an HDMI port on my television. Incredibly convenient and works great.

I voted this also with the phone option. The Roku stick is the only reason I've kept the Network for this long. Roku has given me the best results since I've watched it through Xbox 360, laptop, iPad and iPhone.

I usually watch the PPVs, some of documentary specials and NXT through the Roku on my TV and watch Main Event and Superstars on my iPhone.

I think if they had a instructional video on their YouTube channel showing how to hook up any of the streaming devices to their TV, consumers might by the Network more. It's very easy to use.

I picked the Don't subscribe and don't want it answer because to be fair I have all the PPVs and all the tv sets that are out there so there isnt anything virtually of interest to me.

I know id be wasting my money just to subscribe to a channel of stuff I already have in my collection barring the quality of stuff whats out there is still decent not mind you as good as HD quality.

They need to put in more original content that would interest me and stuff I havent seen to get me to subscribe.

I wonder if the "don't subscribe because of lack of TV access" is getting no love on PWO because its a community of people who will seek out wrestling wherever they can get their hands on it and aren't going to be swayed by big screen vs. small screen. Which I find entirely possible. If you're WWE you have to hope more people become friendly to purchasing & viewing content in that manner as they become more comfortable with it because otherwise this thing is going to be facing a pretty strong headwind.

I wonder if the "don't subscribe because of lack of TV access" is getting no love on PWO because its a community of people who will seek out wrestling wherever they can get their hands on it and aren't going to be swayed by big screen vs. small screen. Which I find entirely possible. If you're WWE you have to hope more people become friendly to purchasing & viewing content in that manner as they become more comfortable with it because otherwise this thing is going to be facing a pretty strong headwind.

This is a interesting subject. From experience non internet fans who I speak to regulary said they would prefer it if the Network ended up being a sky channel.

This is spot on. This is a community of people that will watch grainy 70s Memphis films on youtube and 3rd generation copies of rare footage. We'll find a way to put it on TV as we are early technology adopters just to get our hands in more wrestling.

This is also a place where some people don't have the network because there's no value for them unless they start releasing cool/rare content from their archives. We are in no way representative of the target customer for this service.

I have a fair amount of friends who like wrestling but don't visit news sites regularly, never mind message boards, and most don't have the WWE Network because they don't have the equipment to put it on a real TV. Some know how to do it but they don't have a tablet, game console or a player and hooking up a computer via HDMI is a hassle they don't want to go through. Others didn't get it because all the DNS masking stuff was way over their head, they won't watch the events live, and they know they can stream them or get a download easily the next morning. And then there's the people who will never pay for anything however cheap it may be as long as it's there for free.

Totally disagree. I listen to podcasts daily and most people I know seem to also. Day to day, there is nothing there to make me tune into the network which is a big problem.

Except, your original post had nothing to do with a podcast...or at least you weren't clear about it.

I'd love more programming like what we got with Austin/Vince.

Totally disagree. I listen to podcasts daily and most people I know seem to also. Day to day, there is nothing there to make me tune into the network which is a big problem.

Except, your original post had nothing to do with a podcast...or at least you weren't clear about it.

I'd love more programming like what we got with Austin/Vince.

I wonder how hard they begged Austin to make the SAS part of the Network after that, and how hard he laughed.

More on topic, WWEN is available in the same viewing modes as Netflix pretty much, and even given WWE's demographic issues, there has to be some familiarity/overlap of subscribers. Certainly plenty of WWE fans own game consoles. I haven't kept up with the programming lately to see if they're still failing to advertise how easy it is to watch on TV, but it seems to me if that's a problem for them, it's their fault. For example, offering a free month of WWEN with the purchase of 2K15 and a guided (automatic?) installation of the app seems like a no-brainer.

The geographic thing, I have no easy answers for--I can't blame anyone overseas for getting very frustrated and refusing to buy, especially if they have to jump through hoops and do it grey-market. It is pretty amusing to watch companies desperately try to put regional limitations on a product that moves across a gigantic global network.

Current viewing:

Mostly via the roku stuck in my living room.

Have a Roku in the bedroom, but it's a smaller tv and no HD (only one HDMI port and I opted to use it for the cable box), so that only gets the occasional watch.

Once in a while on the phone while doing dishes or shaving.

Only recently got an ipad and watching the network through that while having football on the tv worked well.

Had a 360 for the first few months of the network, but finally got rid of it when I got deals on the stick and a blu ray player Thanksgiving week. Seeing WWE give away that same stick to new subscribers only days later was pretty frustrating, but not much I could do about it.