Pro Wrestling Only

The booking of Daniel Bryan going forward

shoe

I actually disagree on the Benoit point because I don't think Benoit was ever as over as much as Bryan had been for the year-plus leading into him winning the title at Mania. Benoit was booked strongly because he still had momentum after the Radicalz stuff and he did get over, but I don't think it was to the extent that Bryan was. I understand the comparison, but Bryan had legs whereas Benoit's impact I think was a bit inflated by the smart fans at the time.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PWI is reporting that one of the reasons Bryan isn't being pushed on top is the company is concerned over his health. They think he went for the quick fix and are comparing it to Angle's situation

Quick fix? He stayed out extra long to avoid an unnecessary 2nd surgery. His situation was the opposite of a quick fix.

If that's really their concern then hopefully he has a nice long IC title run that proves them wrong.

PWI is reporting that one of the reasons Bryan isn't being pushed on top is the company is concerned over his health. They think he went for the quick fix and are comparing it to Angle's situation

What I don't get about this reports is how they don't cover the obvious questions. Like in this case, if they are so concerned about Bryan's health then why the hell would they put him in a Ladder match with 6 other people and why would they book him to work as much as they have in the past 2 months? They couldn't ask their source about that?

I just can't believe this story because nothing they've done with him says they are concerned about him getting injured.

Sports Illustrated

Despite headlining WrestleMania XXX, Daniel Bryan was placed in the undercard at this year’s pay per view.

“I know the WWE is not looking for people like me to main event WrestleMania,” said Bryan, who is fighting for the Intercontinental title in a ladder match set to steal the show. “It’s interesting, there have been a lot of people the company believed in right away that didn’t pan out to be anything.

“Guys with every superstar quality and can be on the cover of a magazine right away. I was never that guy. I’ve always enjoyed the process of earning people’s respect and earning my place. I’ve never asked to be handed anything.”

Keller sees odd parallels between Hogan and Daniel Bryan.

“Daniel Bryan and Hulk Hogan are so different from each other, but there is a connection. It’s hard to imagine, but Verne Gagne looked at Hulk Hogan and thought, ‘He’s a bodybuilder without amateur credentials,’ and Verne resisted the fan response to Hogan. Vince McMahon’s vision of a champion clearly does not include Daniel Bryan.

“Vince looks at Daniel Bryan’s popularity and thinks it defies logic. He thinks it won’t last, it would be a bad investment, and he needs to go with someone else. I see what Vince sees in Roman Reigns, but he’s in denial thinking that Reigns will have a better run than Daniel Bryan as champion.”

That Keller quote must make Dave's blood boil with rage since he did a rant on a recent WO show on how the "Verne didn't see anything in Hogan" narrative is total bullshit. He built the company around him and the only reason he didn't get the belt was because Hogan's main territory at the time was New Japan and he was spending half his time overseas.

Verne didn't see what VKM saw in Hogan. That's the distinction.

Hogan did money for Verne. And Verne did offer to put the belt on him. But Verne wasn't going to do with him what Vince did. And Hogan wasn't going to walk away from Japan for what Verne saw.

You can throw Stan Hansen in that last category too.

Wade comparing Hogan Verne to Vince Bryan got a chuckle out of me. It's like so many myths trying to swallow each other at once.

I think for a lot of long time followers the Vince / Verne thing must be irresistible at this point tho..

Also, if they were so concerned, why were they pressuring him to return so early when he got injured in 2014?

And why are they now throwing him into a ladder match car crash-style match? His health is as much of an issue as Titus O'Neil's age.

I'm not buying the IC and US titles will be equal to the World title thing. I guess we will see, but I know if they do a bad rating, that's gonna be the first thing to go. It's hard for me to buy that belts that have been treated like crap will suddenly be relevan.t

I'm not sure what you do with DB going forward, especially with it looking like Roman Reigns is going to bust. You could always do another Cena match or the Brock match at some point, but I'm thinking he's gonna get stuck in the Ziggler spot, especially with the crowd giving up.