Pro Wrestling Only

Breaking Down the Top Matches of 2014

MarcMadness

Hey folks! I haven't posted too much here since joining but I follow the conversations regularly and listen to pretty much all of the PTBN-PWO Podcasts. I've recently started a project at PTBN breaking down the top matches of 2014 as voted on by the Voices of Wrestling contributors.

A lot of this non-WWE stuff I'm seeing for the first time, so it's a perspective you might not get elsewhere. Hope y'all enjoy!

Here's Part 1

http://placetobenation.com/breaking-down-the-top-matches-of-2014-part-1-25-21/

And Part 2

http://placetobenation.com/breaking-down-the-top-25-matches-of-2014-part-2-20-16/

Thanks Chad ! I'm really enjoying doing it. Between the two promotions I think I lean towards liking NJPW more - they really make everything out to be a "big deal" and build as if its a legitimate sporting event (imagine that!). But CMLL feels like this crazy alternative universe that's so unique and fun in its own way.

My favorite guys so far that are new to me are Cavernario, Suzuki, and Nakamura.

Yea Marc makes me want to do the same now. I've seen a lot of the matches already but not all together and I haven't ranked any of them against each other. I might wait til the moty set comes out but its cool to see someone take on something newer to them and see their feedback. Good shit Marc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...