Pro Wrestling Only

Road to Wrestlemania

goodhelmet

How do you know they don't have a long term plan for Triple H? Come on, if Reigns beats Brock for the title (which is the expected outcome) then who's Reigns going to feud with past Rollins and Rusev? I wouldn't be surprised if we see Triple H work a program with Reigns.

Popping the crowd is great and all, but the wheels do keep turning post 'Mania, I don't think for one second that WWE aren't scared shitless in a drop in subscribers and will try to avoid that if at all possible and have plans for the rest of 2015.

We are conditioned to think wins and loses don't matter, and that's evident in your post, because people should care if Triple H loses.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do care if he loses. I will be happy if he loses! I won't be thinking about how that will effect his future with the company because if there is one thing I am not concerned with, it is that Triple H won't have enough wins for his angles to progress. Because thats insane.

But won't you be even happier next year when Triple H loses to The Rock after he defeats Sting and builds his heat up for another year? :)

I'm not arguing that Hunter winning is the right move. I'm kind of indifferent to it. But remember Vince makes the final call, the same guy who booked the Invasion angle and booked Brock Lesnar to lose in his first match back in WWE. Sting winning isn't a safe bet by any means.

Not going to lie like that Kane and Big Show picture doesn't look swank as fuck.

And umm, call me crazy, but if Brock re-signs . . . like, can't Roman totally lose in the main event? I think an impressive loss would do wonders for him. Would lessen the blow back by a million, would make him look good going toe to toe with probably the best monster the companies ever had. Don't think anyone loses in that scenario. Shawn Michaels lost in 95, never really hurt him. Probably wasn't his time then anyway, the same way it isn't Roman's now.

IDK, just a thought. Here's to Brock losing to one spear, and the crowd going wild in all the wrong ways

I'm going to this show and I'm not really excited about anything on the card. That, and I couldn't find one single person who would be willing to go with me.

EDIT: And not because no one likes me, lol. It's because no one I know who lives nearby likes the current product.

With Daniel Bryan not in the main event, I think the best case scenario is Shaemus. Have Sheamus come back to a baby face promo on Raw, team with Bryan and then turn on him. Smackdown Sheamus goes full heel and rants about a guy he beat in 8 seconds being a huge star now. I loved the series they did a couple years ago, the 2/3 falls match especially

Been thinking about how the Andre The Giant Memorial Cup means essentially fucking nothing. It's only been a year since it began, but it basically has no significance to it currently, the trophy was destroyed last year, and the winner (Cesaro) has done nothing of note, recieved no decent singles push and the achievement has rarely been mentioned since.

So, why not make the stipulation that the winner faces whomever is WWE World Heavyweight Champion at Summerslam? Or is that too far ahead in booking mindset to work?

Also, so long as the Sting match is smart enough to hide his weaknesses, they should use him again vs Cena at Summerslam, then maybe one or two more times buried in a tag and put him in the HOF. That's getting about as much value as they can out of him.

I think Sting should at least face the champion in a match for the title (and lose obviously) at some point. That's bound to sell.

Agreed that Reigns isn't going to drop it right away. They need to fast-track a couple challengers post-Mania though. Whether you do that with a Rollins double turn on a failed cash in, or simply put put him in as lead challenger regardless of the briefcase, they'll need to find somebody. I imagine they'll hold off on Cena & Ambrose, which leaves Rusev if he's not pushed down after his first loss, Orton for a month or 2, or a wild card. Its pretty important that they heat somebody up to make his early run on top feel important rather than a placeholder beneath whatever Cena or the Authority is doing.

Things is they still gotta address Rollins before June. That's 2 only two PPVs before Seth's time for a cash in is up.

So is it better to give Roman those 2 months before MITB or is it better to have him chase Seth after Mania? Or do they just sacrifice Rollins and have him lose his cash in?

Another corner they've booked themselves against.

Well, if reports are any indication, they're going forward with Reigns as champ and assuming Brock doesn't re-sign.

And his first feud?

Big Show. Wow.

That's not surprising. Of course, we don't know all of this for sure yet. I figured that feud was around the corner. My guess is they have two PPV matches in the spring. I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to headline Summerslam with Reigns-Rollins. I'm also pretty sure Reigns-Rollins will be the new Cena-Orton for the foreseeable future with ten or so PPV matches in the next five years.

On another note, I'm not sure Bryan would win that ladder match if he's in it. He'll be asked to do the craziest spots and keep the match together. He's the new Benoit/Jericho. Every week Michael Cole will say he beat all three members of Evolution at WM 30 which is the equivalent of JR saying Jericho was the first WWE Undisputed Champion and beat Austin and Rock in the same night.