Pro Wrestling Only

Brock staying with WWE

sek69

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also this completely changes the crowd dynamic for WM, instead of "guy leaving vs guy we don't want" and getting the Brock/Goldberg treatment you have "guy we like and is staying vs guy getting pushed down our throats" which seems to guarantee Roman's getting booed off the planet now.

I think they should reunite The Shield.

If they had just gone their separate ways, it would be perfect, but after the way the turn was executed and later involved Rollins stomping Ambrose's head through a cinder block, I would hate it. They are my favorite faction ever, but it doesn't work for me to reunite them so soon.

I wonder what was the "offer I couldn0t refuse".

Work 2 matches a year, 4 RAW appearances for 2 or 3 years? :lol:

Also this completely changes the crowd dynamic for WM, instead of "guy leaving vs guy we don't want" and getting the Brock/Goldberg treatment you have "guy we like and is staying vs guy getting pushed down our throats" which seems to guarantee Roman's getting booed off the planet now.

Indeed.

I think Brock is gonna be the most over guy on Sunday, at the very least very close to Bryan. This completely fucks over Reigns during the match but it kinda saves it from being buried by the crowd.

Very interesting to see where this goes now.

I'd love to see Loss' idea of a Shield reunion occurring and having them take down Lesnar, turning him face (that could even explain Brock going away until his next contracted appearance), but Rollins holding the money in the bank briefcase is a big inconvenience. Plus, the very nature of the Shield's initial breakup and any subsequent reunion would also take some explaining,which isn't neccesarily WWE's strongpoint. I don't think Brock would be keen on splitting from Heyman either.

Also, I'm not sure Reigns could ever really recover if Lesnar wins. To draw a comparison, Booker T really had to beat Triple H at Wrestlemania 19. He failed, and despite a later run as King Booker, he was never truly considered a main eventer again. If Reigns loses in the main event, then he may win the title at a later date and even headline future Wrestlemania shows, but he won't be the 'star' they are clearly wanting him to be.

Amazing how this announcement has seemingly provided more interest in wrestlemania than the build itself.

If Reigns loses and then they do Rollins cash-in/win courtesy of a Shield reunion, they can eventually do Batista/HHH with Reigns/Rollins for the title. Ambrose can feud with Orton, Bryan, Cena, etc. We'll get more awesome trios matches. I'm willing to look past any logic gaps or character inconsistencies to get there.

I think they should reunite The Shield.

Rollins cashes in to insert himself into the match. Ambrose comes out to screw him. They work together to screw Brock. Rollins decides that he can't beat Brock and that he'd rather be the architect of the championship. Ambrose is just nuts. It'd as good as anything they actually will do.

I get and sorta agree with the complaints about Brock not being around enough while he's the champ (I think the WWE shoots themselves in the foot by only having one belt of value in this instance), but damn it if I'm not ecstatic to know I'm getting more Brock. He's been awesome in this run, just about my favorite guy to see in the ring and in his taped promos.

Reuniting the Shield would really be the only scenario I can think of that doesn't result in the lasting image of WM31 being a massive fan rejection. I possibly may be giving them more credit than they deserve, but surely they know that this crowd will be the hardest of the hardcores and just won't accept Roman as the new king.

Keeping Brock to limited dates harkens back to when Hogan would rarely defend the title on TV and when he did it would be an event. Plus it's refreshing to see someone booked like a world beater instead of another even-steven chump.

It's wonderful in theory. The problem is that in a time period with so much t.v., with a company who has no idea how to maximize his dates or have him be a looming presence when he isn't around, the end result isn't that Brock comes across as a tremendously great, transcendent star, who raises everyone up by virtue of his presence. Instead he comes across as a tremendously great, transcendent star, in a company where everyone else is a pathetic joke

I think they can pull things off with the secondary belts.

No, let me rephrase that: I think it's possible to pull things off with the secondary belts. Cena on Raw with the US belt. Bryan on Smackdown with the IC belt.

I don't think they could manage it with three dozen more writers on the staff.