sek69

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should reunite The Shield.

I don't.

Ambrose: Hey, about you trying to murder me with a cinderblock...no worries.

But he's the lunatic fringe!

No joke though, Ambrose is already been made to look like a moron, so at least this time it would be for a greater good.

I don't.

Whatever, everyone has past beefs with each other that have been forgotten. It would be a bigger issue in a company that stressed continuity.

I don't.

Whatever, everyone has past beefs with each other that have been forgotten. It would be a bigger issue in a company that stressed continuity.

That doesn't make it okay. They spent an entire summer with Ambrose trying to kill him and now they're just going to make up? Even though they never really got revenge on him? That's bad storytelling. It's too soon for a Shield reunion.

The problem with WWE re-signing Brock Lesnar is that they've booked their regular roster into oblivion over the past year and used up most of the dream legend matches already that they really haven't got enough money feuds to make his contract pay off.

Unless something changes dramatically with the way WWE books him and utilizes his appearances, this Brock signing is great for Brock, but bad for wrestling.

This is great for wrestling, since it means more Brock Lesnar in WWE and that's always awesome.

Of Brock's ten matches since his return, I'm going to say that I only genuinely enjoy two of them. ER 2012 and SummerSlam 2013.

Unless something changes dramatically with the way WWE books him and utilizes his appearances, this Brock signing is great for Brock, but bad for wrestling.

This is great for wrestling, since it means more Brock Lesnar in WWE and that's always awesome.

Of Brock's ten matches since his return, I'm going to say that I only genuinely enjoy two of them. ER 2012 and SummerSlam 2013.

Triple threat at the Rumble was amazing. The other two Cena matches were good.

Brock's presence just makes everything better. From him F5ing McMahon to the segments with Mark Henry

It's wonderful in theory. The problem is that in a time period with so much t.v., with a company who has no idea how to maximize his dates or have him be a looming presence when he isn't around, the end result isn't that Brock comes across as a tremendously great, transcendent star, who raises everyone up by virtue of his presence. Instead he comes across as a tremendously great, transcendent star, in a company where everyone else is a pathetic joke

I don't think that's because of Brock as absentee champion at all. That's the WWE's god awful booking, stop and start pushes, and rehashing old timers. At most, I'd put Brock at #4 then of why everyone in the company seems like a joke.

I think they should take the title off Brock and have him winning battle royles or working 3 vs 1 handicap matches against JTTS guys. Book him like Andre.

This isn't a viable option for someone who WWE will pay $5 million for three matches a year.

I completely hated SummerSlam 2014 at the time and on rewatch. That is just not a match that I'll ever understand people enjoying. It didn't feel like Vader in UWFi, it was just a 20-minute angle. I kind of like NoC, but it had a mix of somehow seeming molasses-slow and wildly rushed because of time, and it had a lame ending.

I'm absolutely the minority on the Rumble triple threat, because my two primary takeaways were just hating Rollins as a heel worker even more, and killing my interest in Brock going forward unless he had a decisive, decisive loss, because they made him unkillable. Sure, the double back suplex to Mercury/Noble was cool and looked like it was done without any regard for their physical well-beings, but that's not going to save a World title match.

I've only seen the Summerslam match once and it was captivating. It was something different and it was great. The whole time I had a sinking feeling waiting for Cena to hit his moves and win and he just didn't. Kudos to Cena for taking that beating.

I was at the Rumble, so it's skewed, but I love the triple threat so much. Instantly became one of my favourite matches. Rollins looked like great and I love they are putting Lesnar over so strong. When he does get beat, it will really mean something

I don't.

That doesn't make it okay. They spent an entire summer with Ambrose trying to kill him and now they're just going to make up? Even though they never really got revenge on him? That's bad storytelling. It's too soon for a Shield reunion.

Why not? Ambrose is supposed to be crazy. Guys have forgiven worse in wrestling.

Don't want a Shield reunion this soon. They broke up less than a year ago: anyone who's broken up with anyone knows the makeup sex should happen in a dark alleyway at the least expected moment. Hold off the reunion until WM32, for a chance to depict those guys as the Three Muskateers of their generation in front of 100K. How 'bout them Cowboys.

Sunday: Reigns beats Lesnar in a manner so dastardly that it establishes Reigns as vicious. Chicanery extreme enough to keep Lesnar off TV for a month or two. “This guy announces he's here to stay on Sportscenter, and a week later I ran him out of the WWE sportsertainmentiverse.” You close the May special event extravaganza Payback with Lesnar coming out of the crowd, F5ing Reigns to hell.

The hitch is that Rollins has to cash in. The hitch's hitch is that technically, he doesn't have to before this year's Money in the Bank. He has to cash in within twelve months of last year's MITB: June 29th, 2015. Reigns and Lesnar have their rematch at MITB, ending in some catastrophe that leaves them both destroyed. Reigns steals a win after being suplexed to death. Rollins sneaks in, waffles both guys with chairs, and cashes in his briefcase, thinking Reigns to be fish in a barrel. That is until ethical justice warrior Brock Lesnar wakes up and costs Rollins his one and only title shot.

The feud becomes Rollins-Lesnar at Summerslam, with Rollins beginning a face turn that leads to either a match or angle w/ Rollins-Reigns at Night of Champions, and their cage match blowoff at Hell in a Cell. If you can get a fourth match out of tweener-Brock this year, he works Survivor Series to fight Bray, a heel Sheamus, or Bryan in a “who's the best wrestler” match between two beloved heroes. The internet goes into supernova.

On Meltzer audio he thinks Brock worked ESPN into thinking he was announcing he was going back to UFC and instead announced he resigned with WWE to get on ESPN.

They are clearly in a working relationship with ESPN at the moment, with Simmons being on Raw, ESPN doing a behind the scenes special, and Reigns and Lesnar being on Sportscenter and SportsNation yesterday. Heyman was on, also. So, I think what Dave thinks is total bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if they make more appearances this week.