Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania Predictions

goodhelmet

OK, the Live WrestleMania thread will be huge so I want to separate the predictions from the live thoughts. All matches are in and I have no idea what is going to happen since my booking philosophy is the complete antithesis to what WWE bookers tend to do about 90% of the time.

Cesaro & Kidd vs. Usos vs. Matadores vs. New Day - New Day & Matadores feel non-important and I don't think they will be there for anything except highspots.

Prediction: Cesaro & Kidd

Wishful Thinking: Cesaro & Kidd

AJ Lee & Paige vs. The Bella Twins

Prediction: Bella Twins

Wishful Thinking: Bella Twins

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Wade Barrett vs. Stardust vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose

Prediction:Dean Ambrose

Wishful Thinking: Daniel Bryan (and the rebuilding of the IC Champ who doesn't lose every match on TV)

Andre Battle Royal

Prediction: If Sheamus returns, he win it: If not, Big Show

Wishful Thinking: Mark Henry

John Cena vs. Rusev

Prediction: John Cena

Wishful Thinking: Rusev (and the road to unifying the IC & US belt with Bryan)

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

Prediction: Seth Rollins

Wishful Thinking: Seth Rollins

Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

Prediction: Undertaker

Wishful Thinking: Bray Wyatt (Taker never wrestles again)

HHH vs. Sting

Prediction: HHH

Wishful Thinking: Sting

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Prediction: Roman Reigns (with Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, Bret Hart, HBK, Undertaker, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair and Bruno Sammartino all celebrating with him in the middle of the ring to let everyone know he earned his spot

Wishful Thinking: Brock Lesnar.

Cesaro & Kidd I feel is a safe bet.

Bella win furthering Paige/AJ split

Bryan wins, don't care

NXT guy wins Battle Royal, thinking Neville. If not, Ryback. Realistically, Kane or Big Show.

Rusev, but Cena is always a wild card at Mania so not sure

Rollins seems like a safe bet

Taker in an awful match

Sting, match will be ok

Brock wins and Reigns is booed out of the building.

Four Way Tag: Kidd & Cesaro

Diva's Tag: Could really care less but I'm going with the Bellas

Ladder Match: Daniel Bryan in the hopes they will rebuild the IC belt

Battle Royal: Sheamus if he's a surprise entrant, otherwise Big Show

US Title: Thinking Cena in a screwy finish on this as a way to potentially re-build the US title

Orton/Rollins: Going with Orton

Taker/Bray: Realistically would like to see Bray win and then have druids carry off Taker on their shoulders or in a casket signalling his end

Sting/HHH: Sting:

WWE Title: Reigns wins, Brock goes apeshit mad and destroys everything and everyone including Reigns, Rollins comes out and cashes in.

Four Way Tag: Kidd & Cesaro. I would not be surprised to see them drop the following night on RAW

Divas Tag: Bellas

Ladder Match: Daniel Bryan is the hope. I would not be surprised if Wade retained.

US Title: Rusev is the hope. Odds on money is Cena.

Orton vs Rollins: Orton

Taker/Bray: Bray SHOULD win.

Sting vs. Triple H: Sting goes over. One would hope WCW rebirths after this.

WWE Title: Lesnar is the hope. Odds are Reigns wins in a double turn.

Four Way: Usos

Divas: Bellas

Ladder: Bryan, and I would expect this to open the show and let the fans get it out of them because that seems to be the way they've tried to deal with Bryan's overness.

Battle Royal: Sheamus returns and wins.

US Title: Cena clean as a sheet, sadly.

Orton/Rollins: Orton when the Authority screws over Rollins, leading to later in the night.

Taker/Bray: Taker. Feel like this will be it for him. Bray's dead where he stands anyways.

Sting/HHH: Sting, but only after a five-minute staredown.

Brock/Reigns: Brock wins, but Reigns gives him a good run. Backstage, Rollins and Ambrose had been talking, leading to them coming down through the crowd. They jump Brock, OOOOAHHHH Triple Powerbomb, Rollins cashes in.

I feel like none of the winners outside of the main event even matter. And despite Brock Lesnar re-signing with WWE, I think Roman Reigns is still going over clean in the middle with a Spear.

I do think Brock re-signing makes the main event more intriguing.

Four Way Tag: I can see the Usos regaining the straps at some point, particularly with Rikishi knocking around for Mania weekend. Seems like an obvious feel good moment for them to win the belts either with their dad in attendance, or even getting involved. Saying that, they could save it for Raw, which would be a mistake given the crowd will likely be extremely pro-Kidd and Cesaro. Prediction: The Usos

Women's Tag: Hard to predict given there is nothing on the line. Could easily go either way on a whim. Given that AJ and Paige were at loggerheads with each other on the go-home Raw I'll go with them winning. Also, it'll almost certainly be in a buffer slot, so the faces winning seems logical. Prediction: AJ/Paige

The Missed Opportunity Ladder Match: May as well pick a name out of a hat for this one. The logical choice would be Bryan. But if logic meant anything to this company, Bryan would be challenging Brock, so who knows. I do think it'll be one of the trio of faces - Bryan/Ambrose/Ziggler. I also expect this to be the first match on the actual card. Prediction: Bryan (Ignoring the potential Sheamus factor)

Battle Royal: I don't see them topping last year's inaugural effort. The Miz/Mizdow storyline will likely come to a head here, with Mizdow eliminating Miz. This could be the finish, but there are guys I see winning above Mizdow. I think it's Meltzer who's been saying that Reigns/Big Show might be the direction after Mania, so if that's true, it makes sense for him to win. If they have plans for Ryback, he's another possibility. Prediction: Big Show (Sheamus if he's in it)

US Title: Seems a real waste if they're going to have Cena go over here. I'm a big Cena fan but Rusev has comfortably been my MVP for the past 12 months and if they're going to feed him to anyone, it may as well be Reigns further down the line (if he's ending the night as champ). Give Cena as many visual pinfalls as you want, but it would be a mistake to have him go over. Sadly, I think he will. Either way, this is comfortably my most anticipated match. Prediction: Cena

Orton/Rollins: Second most anticipated match of the night from a quality standpoint. Somehow Orton has managed to stay really over despite the terrible booking since Fast Lane. Tough to call, but expect Rollins to go over. Lots of shenanigans. No cash in at Mania, but wouldn't rule it out on Raw. Prediction: Rollins

Taker/Bray: Could not care less about this match. Bray Wyatt is my least favorite full time guy in WWE right now, and I have no desire to see Taker. The outcome depends entirely on what they are thinking of doing at Mania 32. Seems logical that they'll want Taker there in some fashion, possibly a retirement match and HOF double, a la Flair. If so, he'll go over here. But can just as easily see Wyatt squash him. Prediction: Taker

Sting/Triple H: I agree with the notion that it's ridiculous to call this a 'dream match', but I'd rather watch this twice over than see Taker/Wyatt at all. Seriously, do not care about this one either. Intrigued to an extent, but not expecting a whole lot. I fear the match will get considerable time, to its detriment. You never know with Triple H, but he gains nothing with a win and loses nothing with a defeat, and there is potential for Sting to have a more extended run, so this seems a fairly obvious outcome. Surely... Prediction: Sting

WWE Title: I have read and heard a million different potential outcomes to this match over the last month. I really wouldn't be able to buy in to a Shield reunion. Reigns and Rollins seem to have been somewhat kept apart since they disbanded, but the Rollins/Ambrose feud had too much substance to it to make a reunion believable, particularly this soon. A double turn seems logical, which means it won't happen. I think any mega-angle that they might be planning will be saved for Raw. Prediction: Reigns

Going to go with OP's format:

Cesaro & Kidd vs. Usos vs. Matadores vs. New Day

Wishful Thinking: Brock then appears appears and destroys the Uso's, Matadores, and New Day (the losers of the match)

Prediction: Bella Twins

Wishful Thinking: AJ Lee & Paige

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Wade Barrett vs. Stardust vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose

Prediction: Daniel Bryan

Wishful Thinking: Daniel Bryan

Andre The Giant Battle Royal

Prediction: Damien Mizdow

Wishful Thinking: The NXT Wrestlemania spot winner

John Cena vs. Rusev

Prediction: John Cena via Submission

Wishful Thinking: Rusev via Submission

Prediction: Randy Orton

Wishful Thinking: No Contest, neither man is able to put the other away.

Triple H vs. Sting

Prediction: Sting

Wishful Thinking: Triple H via interference from Undertaker (Taker, acting as the WWE loyalist, and stopping the WCW loyalist from running wild, thus setting up the Mania XXXII main event a year in advance)

Prediction: Roman Reigns

Wishful Thinking: Brock Lesnar via annihilation

Wishful Thinking II: Roman Reigns via Heyman turning on Lesnar and siding with Reigns.

Wishful Thinking III: Seth Rollins, inserting himself into the match via MITB and pinning Reigns to win.

Fantastic your Sting/HHH wishful thinking was something I mentioned on our pre mania show that should be dropping soon. Except I thought that was worst case scenario that the WWE could book.

Absolutely agree. Before Taker/Brock, I would've said this match could sell and be hot. Now I cringe at the thought of a 50+ Sting outshining an almost 50 Taker out of the building...and for what...

Fantastic your Sting/HHH wishful thinking was something I mentioned on our pre mania show that should be dropping soon. Except I thought that was worst case scenario that the WWE could book.

Absolutely agree. Before Taker/Brock, I would've said this match could sell and be hot. Now I cringe at the thought of a 50+ Sting outshining an almost 50 Taker out of the building...and for what...

The match is what it is. Some people will be excited for it some won't. Though alligning Taker with HHH as team WWE vs. Mr. WCW is glory booking in 2001. 2015 it's just a WWE blow job.

Cesaro/Kidd retain. I don't see the Usos winning again, and nobody cares about New Day or the Matadores. Actually, I think Big E., Fernando and Diego will be part of the post-Mania Future endeavors.

Paige/AJ win despite the recent tension. Prepare for annoying "CM PUNK!!" chants during this match.

Andre Battle Royal is a tossup between Mizdow, returning Sheamus or NXT mini-tournament winner Adrian Neville.

IC Ladder Match will be won by Bryan, with a possible Dolph heel turn during or after the match.

Orton beats Rollins, because I think Seth will at least attempt a cash-in later in the evening.

Taker beats Bray. No way does the Deadman lose two WM's in a row. If nothing else, the entrances should be great.

Rusev vs. Cena has potential to be fantastic. I can't see Cena losing, here.

Sting beats Triple H, with tons of smoke and mirrors and interference from several Authority members, and maybe multiple faux Stings ala late period WCW.

With Lesnar staying, I think the chance of him winning has increased, considerably. If he wins, Seth tries and fails to cash in. If Roman wins, Seth successfully cashes in.

Cesaro & Kidd vs. Usos vs. Matadores vs. New Day - New Day & Matadores feel non-important and I don't think they will be there for anything except highspots.

Wishful Thinking: I'd love to see New Day win and become heels.

Prediction: Bella Twins leading to the debut of the Boss on Raw

Wishful Thinking: AJ and Paige winning in 2 minutes Shield/NAO style

Prediction:Wade Barrett

Wishful Thinking: Luke Harper leading to a feud with Rusev title vs title

Andre Battle Royal

Prediction: Kane cause why not?

Wishful Thinking: Mark Henry

John Cena vs. Rusev

Wishful Thinking: Rusev by Submission when Sheamus turns heel and helps leading to Cena/Sheamus feud.

Wishful Thinking: Bray Wyatt with help from Rowan and Harper reuniting the Wyatt Family

HHH vs. Sting

Wishful Thinking: Sting

Prediction: Roman Reigns (He has to win unless he's leaving for a while)

Wishful Thinking: Brock Lesnar by breaking Reigns arm with the Kimura. Reigns then leaves till August for a rematch at Summerslam

Cesaro & Kidd vs. Usos vs. Matadores vs. New Day - New Day & Matadores

Prediction: AJ Lee & Paige

Prediction: Don't know to be honest

Wishful Thinking: Daniel Bryan (Holding out for a Nakamura type run for Bryan)

Andre Battle Royal

Prediction: Sheamus

Wishful Thinking: Mizdow (him eliminating Miz at the end for the big pop)

John Cena vs. Rusev

Wishful Thinking: Rusev (He should be unbeaten till WM32)

Wishful Thinking: Bray Wyatt

(Really this is a match where both guys shouldn't lose, should've been Taker/Sting this year)

HHH vs. Sting

Prediction: Roman Reigns (Vince has stuck to his guns on this one and he's pulling the trigger on sunday sadly.)

Wishful Thinking: Brock Lesnar

I wish there was some actual boon available for winning the Andre battle royal. Hell ,I dunno, let's say the winner gets a title shot at the Payback PPV (which coincides with the week in which Andre was born in 1946) on May 17th. That gives a decent two month build for something relevant at a throwaway PPV.

I definitely think Hideo Itami has a real shot at winning, going with him reather than somebody who has been earmarked to join the main roster at any time now (Neville), shows that they have incredible interest in making him a star. But, it's likely going to be Mizdow and they will probably do nothing of note with him following the victory, just like last year with Cesaro.

Also, how amazingly shit (albeit hilarious) would it be if Truth goes over in the IC title ladder match? The complete rank outsider?

Pure speculation, since I haven't heard this anywhere, but this is what I expect to go down.

Roman wins by getting help from Heyman in a non-obvious way. For example, Heyman throws in a chair and Roman doesn't see who throws it, but uses it anyway for the win.

Post match The Rock comes out to congratulate and let him know about getting help from Heyman, at that point Roman destroys The Rock and leaves with Heyman. A plan all along or not.

That is my prediction, mark it down.

I don't think they resigned Brock to take the belt off him. They could've done that without a new contract. I think it's pretty clear they want Brock/Rock for 32, and I can't see how Brock losing to Reigns makes anybody want to see that.

My winners are

Brock

Sting

Taker

Rollins

Cena

Bryan

Prediction: Don't know to be honest

Wishful Thinking: Daniel Bryan (Holding out for a Nakamura type run for Bryan)

What on earth does that mean

EDIT: Nevermind, I get it now. And you know that's not possible anyways. Even at its absolute height the IC Title was never seen as anywhere close to the world belt. Ambrose should win the ladder royal since the actual story here is supposed to be him chasing after Barrett. Or at least it was, before they turned it into a Robert Altman movie.