Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 31...

goodhelmet

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pumped. I think I have moderate or better expectations for all of the top matches aside from Taker/Wyatt. I think Sting/HHH can be a watchable spectacle.

I have chicken dumpling soup going on the stove and a fantasy baseball draft that unfortunately starts at the same time as the pre-show (second time in three years that the asshole commish scheduled it on Mania day). Listening to Meltzer's most recent show and getting ready. Lots of podcasts. If I never hear the phrase "the build" again, I will die a happy man.

What the hell is your problem? It's none of your damn business how I spend my cash. Worry about your own finances or lack of.

As for your question. It's WrestleMania and from what I've read and been told in conversation the Network is half assed.

I don't really care how you spend your money, but illogical reasoning hurts my head. Basically, you're saying "I know I can get this for $10, but I'm going to spend $70 to not get all that extra stuff that people have told me isn't super cool but I don't know for certain myself."

If for no other reason than $10 vs $70, a one month membership makes sense......actually, seven months makes sense since you'd get summerslam in that too. but whatever floats your boat dude. Hope you enjoy the show.

Currently watching the Hall of Fame. I'm up to the Bushwhackers and so far it's been absolutely fantastic. It's weird to say that a HOF ceremony might be the best WWE show since last year's Mania, but this is my favorite thing they've done since Bryan's title win.

For the show proper I'm going to a friend's house here in Brooklyn. He's a casual fan who bought the network just for this show. Dude really likes cooking and whiskey. Something like a dozen people are coming, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who follows WWE week-to-week. We all work in book publishing/journalism, so finding explanatory analogies to explain these angles to people who never watch wrestling has so far been... interesting?

This sounds fascinating. I expect a full report after the show to hear all of the "interesting" interactions.

Bray Wyatt apparently injured his ankle while working in the ring, today.

Just read this... What a colossal fail if it turns out he's unable to actually perform tonight....

That would be the nail in the coffin of Windham Rotunda's WWE career aspirations. They'd never book him in a high profile match at Wrestlemania again.

Care to explain? This battle royal seems much more meaningingless to me now.

More eyes would be on them if this was the main card, sure, but the way this is shown on the Network, it's a pretty illusory line between pre-show and main show. The two caveats I put there are this: I don't know if it effects paydays and I don't know how much high network viewership will go up at the start of the show, though I'm sure it will. On the flip side, if they made this a main show match, they'd probably get even less time.