Pro Wrestling Only

WrestleMania 31...

goodhelmet

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think they were going for a 20-year long view "WWE History" thing there rather than short-term plans.

1. Big Show's career highlight reel with the trophy.

2. To get the concept of the Andre Battle Royal over.

3. So that in 20 or 30 years time kids will look back in the record books and see that Big Show won it.

I get what they were going for and why they did it.

Great so I ended up watching the show anyway because I can't sleep and what is the first thing I see. Big Show winning. .... Ugh

Up Next Bryan gets knocked out of the ladder match and is replaced by Sheamus.

Edited by van_Fair

Ladder match officially opening the show. D-Bry holds the distinction of being the only man in history to open and close a Wrestlemania and then open a Mania the following year.

Outside of that pointless trivia, talk about a decline. Going from main eventing to opening in the space of a year? It's happened a few times before though.

Ladder match officially opening the show. D-Bry holds the distinction of being the only man in history to open and close a Wrestlemania and then open a Mania the following year.

Outside of that pointless trivia, talk about a decline. Going from main eventing to opening in the space of a year? It's happened a few times before though.

have to let the fans get Bryan "out of their system" of course

I'm with Parv on this. I am sick of Big Show, like everyone else, but that match revolved around getting over the idea of the Big Show as a giant who should be winning a battle royal, like Andre.

It also says a lot about people fucking up Big Shows booking that this was the first Battle Royal he won in his 20 year career.

i'm not all that mad at that result tbh

nobody in this battle royal felt as hot as cesaro did last year. ryback was the closest thing but eh. he feels like the sort of guy you could heat up whenever.

mizdow is not going to have much of a shelf life so i think they used him just fine there.