Pro Wrestling Only

RAW 3/30/15 Reaction Thread

goodhelmet

WWE had a very good number for Raw this week, as it jumped huge following the events of WrestleMania 31. The show drew 5.36 million viewers and a 1.86 rating in the 18 – 49 demographic. Those numbers are up 28% and 27% from last week’s 4.19 million and 1.46 demo rating.

The numbers are also up in viewership from the 5.15 million that last year’s post-WrestleMania Raw scored, while the demo rating was pretty much even with a 1.86. It’s worth noting that last year’s WrestleMania scored a smaller percentage bounce for Raw than this year; last year saw a 17% and 21% increase.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like so many people who comment on the current ratings are doing so solely in comparison to what the ratings were in 1998 and 1999 which is totally unrealistic and completely ignores how much the TV landscape has changed over that time period.

I'm 100% with Loss and Dylan on a lot of the booking being purposefully hurtful to the wrestlers. I've seen enough of how they book things that I'm sure they know how they are affecting things. Maybe it's actually beneficial to have a lot of the good workers in the midcard where they'll be left to have their good matches without all the screwy booking out of fear that Trips and Steph could be outshone.

Some random thoughts:

I have an alternative theory on the Roman Reigns hit job, that Paul Heyman has inveigled his way back into having Vince McMahon's ear and is at least partially responsible for the backhanded booking that Reigns has experienced since the Rumble. There's no direct benefit in Triple H and Stephanie burying Roman. Brock Lesnar is the clear beneficiary, as he's now by far and away the hottest babyface in the promotion, and he hasn't even properly turned yet!

I think people who expect Roman Reigns to turn now have wishful thinking. The perfect time to pull the trigger was at WrestleMania. I think a lot of that talk was because of Heyman's promos being far too complimentary, which was under the guise of building Reigns up for his match with Lesnar, but was really designed to plant imaginary seeds in people's heads. At best, if he turned now, he'd be Seth Rollins new muscle.

WWE will never consistently draw a 4.0 rating while they push part-timers as the real stars of the show. Moreover, half the time they don't even advertise when the real stars will show up.

this is from Cageside Rumor Roundup so who knows:

Ariel Helwani reported on UFC Tonight this week that Ronda Rousey's appearance at WrestleMania 31 was a one-off and there are no appearances planned for the future. That said, WWE is still operating with the idea that she will do something at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas next year.

so basically they are hoping to do something with her in a year?

Ariel Helwani reported on UFC Tonight this week that Ronda Rousey's appearance at WrestleMania 31 was a one-off and there are no appearances planned for the future. That said, WWE is still operating with the idea that she will do something at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas next year.

Or it's exactly what it says. A rumor.

Certainly looks that way. I've got a feeling based on the Lesnar negotiations and Rousey participating in WM 31 that Vince and Dana might be open to some cross promoting between the two in the future.

Anybody else think Cena/Ambrose was surprisingly bad. Like Not mediocre, but actually bad. Horrible chemistry, really awkward, very obviously choreographed, no selling, no transitions and just throwing moves out.

On the flip side, I thought Bryan/Zigs far exceeded my expectations. Really nice heated face vs face match

I won't argue Nikki is the best wrestler but she is definitely by favorite wrestler on the roster. In a sea of heels wrestling like baby faces *cough* Cesaro *cough* Barrett *cough*, Nikki goes all out as a strong despicable heel. Brie is getting a lot better.

This Roman Reigns thing is pretty mind blowing. He has a star making performance at Wrestle-ducking-Mania and this first time you see him in a heatless six man. On purpose or accidental, it is infuriating

Anybody else think Cena/Ambrose was surprisingly bad. Like Not mediocre, but actually bad. Horrible chemistry, really awkward, very obviously choreographed, no selling, no transitions and just throwing moves out.

Awkward and complete lack of chemistry were what came to mind when watching it as well. I thought it'd be fun and different, but this finally cemented just how far Ambrose has fallen since the Rollins matches at Summerslam and Raw. He's got the Wyatt stink now.