Pro Wrestling Only

Prelude to Extreme Rules

Fantastic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It something the WWE wouldn't consider, but would a Reigns and Ambrose tag title run work right now?

Let them run through Show/Kane, New Day and Ascencion to get a title shot. Give them long workrate matches with Cesaro/Kidd, Usos and Lucha Dragons so Reigns can get some smark cred and Ambrose can have focus and win matches again. Feud them with Sheamus/Barrett and Wyatt/Harper. Hell, just call them the Shield again. Then they can drop the titles to an upcoming team like Balor/Itami and be the final 2 in the Rumble, with Reigns winning. Reigns stays away from the world title picture for 10 months and a rematch with Brock or Rollins is completely fresh.

That would be freaking awesome, with the BIG IF being they treated it as a big deal.

Will be interested to see if Harper can get Ambrose back on track.

I think that non-retrieval singles TLC is one of the dumbest gimmick matches that they can book, though. It's just so inorganic because it demands the most obvious spots.

If they weren't doing... whatever with Reigns, I don't know, I am buying into them putting a hit out on him at this point, I'd say that running Ambrose/Reigns/Ryback-Harper/Show/Anyone But Kane isn't a bad idea.

If we're working under the idea that he needs, more than anything, GOOD MATCHES where he goes over, you might as well go for broke and repeat TLC 2012 & Extreme Rules/Payback from last year.

The best way to get Reigns over now is to turn him heel and have him cut promos on the fans for turning their backs on him and being just a cocky prick which he can easily do.

Rollins' muscle?

I wouldn't put him with Rollins immediately......but turn him and then eventually hook back up with Seth.

I wouldn't turn Reigns yet though. They can get more mileage out of him as a babyface provided they book him in matches with great workers. I would have held off on Sheamus/Bryan and brought a heel Sheamus back to work with Reigns for the next two months. If they really do put him in a PPV match with Big Show or Kane then I would seriously have to consider the political hit theory. I mean, Hunter was able to avoid a Big Show match on PPV last year when Big Show actually had momentum.

To go with the idea of Brock in MITB, my thought was that he wouldn't even be in the match, but would show up, destroy everyone, take the contract, and leave. Only he gets a title shot since he has a rematch clause and the physical briefcase. Sends the point that he's not to be messed with. Downsides are that it probably makes your MITB contestants look like crap and you burn a Brock appearance on an unbilled showing.

To go with the idea of Brock in MITB, my thought was that he wouldn't even be in the match, but would show up, destroy everyone, take the contract, and leave. Only he gets a title shot since he has a rematch clause and the physical briefcase. Sends the point that he's not to be messed with. Downsides are that it probably makes your MITB contestants look like crap and you burn a Brock appearance on an unbilled showing.

You could have it both ways regarding the issue of having him billed or not. Have Heyman announce on a RAW leading up to the PPV that he has managed to get his suspension lifted and that he intends to make an appearance at the PPV. But he doesn't have to say what the nature of that appearance will be.

It'd be a pretty incredible way to personally shit on the upper mid-card guys who would be in that match, who could range from Ambrose, Barrett, Bryan, Harper, Orton, Reigns, Rusev, Sheamus, Wyatt, Ziggler...

"Yeah, we put you in the title match of the PPV where the winner gets a title shot that you get to carry around in physical form and use to get yourself over, and we're going to need you to spend 10-15 minutes or so taking insane bumps, and it's all just the setup for an angle to get the part-timer who's already the most over guy in the company even more over."

• 2 weeks later...

You could have it both ways regarding the issue of having him billed or not. Have Heyman announce on a RAW leading up to the PPV that he has managed to get his suspension lifted and that he intends to make an appearance at the PPV. But he doesn't have to say what the nature of that appearance will be.

Do this, then have Brock show up during the match and demolish everyone. Paul is screaming "Brock, no!" throughout and then he takes the briefcase. This also gives WWE the chance to write one of their wacky storylines about lawyers as they try to wrest the contract from him.

with Kane presumably turning babyface does anyone think that he will be the placeholder challenger for Rollins over the Spring/Summer PPVs until the inevitable Rollins/Reigns/Lesnar match at Summerslam? I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that was the plan. Wyatt will either be feuding with Reigns or Orton (has to be one of these two he's referring to in the promos) My initial guess is Orton and Wyatt costs him the match against Rollins at the PPV when he seemingly has the title won. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be programmed with Reigns although him causing Roman to lose to Big Show would be a disaster (mob hit?) So either Orton or Reigns is going to be directionless coming out of ER unless they continue with their current programs (yuck)

a Cena/Bryan unification match seems logical for Summerslam but again the gut tells me Vince still wants his long term Bryan/Sheamus program so Cena gets stuck with Show or Kane (if he doesn't turn). Or they reverse it with Bryan/Show and Cena/Sheamus. Same shit basically

so yeah I'm not exactly psyched about the next 4 months of programming

This is why the "The Authority's on vacation!" episodes are so dumb. Why the hell is Kane making these dipshit moves like trying to "punish" Rollins with a match that night? (And against Neville, who shouldn't yet be considered a real threat to beat Rollins. And why is a week-on-the-main roster face getting that kind of chance from a heel GM? God, that match made no sense.)

Also, I think that Lesnar-Rollins works best for MITB. I think that I'll have a stroke if they run an actual Lesnar-Reigns-Rollins triple threat.