Pro Wrestling Only

Extreme Rules Predictions

The Chief

So Extreme Rules is this Sunday I guess? Haven't really been paying close attention to the TV, but that's what happens when all the real stars go home after March. Card actually looks fun, but looks like they set up far too many lose-lose situations with their booking.

Pre-Show: Ceasro/Kidd vs. Big E/Kofi for the Tag Titles - Champs retain setting them up for Lucha Dragons. New Day officially turn heel cutting a promo on the fans.

Street Fight: Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose - Dean Ambrose loses again, maybe setting up Harper for Reigns? Match should be a blast, but Ambrose REALLY needs to win an important match sometime soon. There's more potential in Harper going over NOW, but they're really going to have a hard time rehabilitating Ambrose whenever (or if?) they decide they want to do that.

Naomi vs. Nikki Bella for the Divas Title - Are the Bellas on the way out? I'll go with Naomi here.

Last Man Standing: Roman Reigns vs. Big Show - Reigns absolutely needs to win here. Guessing he tips a dumpster over on Big Show or something equally goofy. Chicago will not be kind to this, but it could be decent.

Kiss My Arse Match: Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler - Sheamus needs to win since he's just coming back. Guessing Dolph is knocked unconscious from Sheamus cheating so Sheamus shoves his face in his arse so Dolph doesn't look like a total idiot.

Bad News Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan for the IC Title - Match might not happen? If it does, I'll say Bryan wins. His story just gets more depressing by the week so i wouldn't be surprised if he gets stripped here, awarding the title to Barrett, then Barrett is ordered to defend the title against someone like Ryback or Neville where he drops it?

Russian Chain Match: John Cena vs. Rusev - Cena wins. I'm really looking forward to this and the match should be brutal. Easy match of the night and hopefully they have something decent set up for Rusev after this because he needs to get away from Cena.

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE World Title - Rollins wins because Bray Wyatt interferes setting up a program with Orton. Just like the Ambrose HIAC last year. Kane remains loyal to the authority.

As much as I've been unexpectedly digging Ninja Orton RKO'ing random fools like a 2015 Positively Kanyon, I'm dreading the title match and the inevitable "Ha ha, we fooled you dummies" ending where Kane stays loyal to the Authority. It's amazing, the crowds seem to really want to see Kane vs Seth, but even if they go that route it will likely be months too late and no one will care.

Pre-Show: Ceasro/Kidd vs. Big E/Kofi for the Tag Titles
- I thought New Day were already heels. Anyway, this should have been the Lucha Dragons match. If this is the New Day offficial heel turn then New Day win.
Street Fight: Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose
- I want Harper to win but he feels like the kind of guy they would job with no hesitation so I think Ambrose wins here.
Naomi vs. Nikki Bella for the Divas Title
- Are the Bellas leaving? First time I have heard that!
Last Man Standing: Roman Reigns vs. Big Show
- Reigns wins this after selling for Show for most of the match.
Kiss My Arse Match: Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler
- I think Chief nailed it.
Sheamus needs to win since he's just coming back. Guessing Dolph is knocked unconscious from Sheamus cheating so Sheamus shoves his face in his arse so Dolph doesn't look like a total idiot.

Bad News Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan (or replacement) for the IC Title
- If Bryan is cleared, he retains. If not, I think Ryback is the replacement with the Wyatt feud as the IC program going forward.
Russian Chain Match: John Cena vs. Rusev
- I agree that Cena wins but this should be a Rusev win. I want to think old school where the gimmick match determines the winner. I also think we get some "hardway" blood that seems to be taking place more frequently.
Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE World Title
- I don't know what the Kane story is about but Set retains and gets his win back from Mania.

tag title: I hate that the tag belts have been stuck on the pre-show every single show this year, but the one advantage is they get as much time as they want and a hot crowd for a hot opener. they'd be insane to take the belts off of Kidd/Cesaro yet. Now that New Day are heels they're getting actual good heat, not go away heat, and the act works so much better (Woods has been fantastic) but they don't need the belts. I've gotta enjoy Kidd/Cesaro while it lasts, because knowing WWE they'll drop the belts and split and feud much sooner than later

street fight: Ambrose HAS to win here. Should be a really fun match and both guys will be super over with that crowd

divas title: Nikki has had the belt for a long time and it looks like they might be turning the Bellas face, so I'd give Naomi the win here to shake up the division

LMS: Reigns has a strong, convincing win. I think they'll have him be the first guy to get up from the KO punch, and I hope he wins "clean" with the Superman punch and it's not one of those wacky "bury the guy so he can't get up" finishes they've overdone with Cena. Expect a vehicle spot of some sort based on the buildup

Kiss My Arse: exactly what OP predicted. Sheamus wins, Ziggler is knocked out and Sheamus sticks his ass in his face, allowing Dolph to save face no pun intended

IC title: I don't expect Bryan to wrestle. If that is the case, I'd hold the title up in a ladder match and hot shot it on to Neville. Barrett is great but he has no momentum and it would be a step back for the belt. Would instantly make Neville, and if he drops it back to Bryan after a great match and they shake hands after it just further makes him. If Bryan's out for a while have Sheamus beat Neville in a month or so

Chain match: Cena wins, should be a great match

Cage match: Rollins wins. I could see Kane play it straight and something screwy happening with a new Authority member or something. I don't expect this to be the blowoff so whatever the finish is will leave doubt

This is the third straight Pay-Per-View running John Cena Vs. Rusev. Gimmick match or not, I'm not sure what more they can give us at this point. Cena goes over helps no one. Him losing the U.S. Title this soon would make much sense either. Just feels like they booked themselves into a corner. I would have rather they waited for Rusev Vs. Cena to happen the first time, at Wrestlemania, with Rusev going over. Now it already feels played out to me.

I guess best case scenario is Cena retains via the ref throwing the match out due to Rusev not stopping a beating or something? That way Rusev can move on past the U.S. Title (like it doesn't mean anything to him anymore & it's beneath him) while Cena can keep doing the Open Challenges to try to add some prestige to the mid-card title again.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Lana turn babyface sometime this year.

Rusev Vs. babyface Brock could be fun.

Kidd/Cesaro retain vs New Day, and probably go on to feud with The Lucha Dragons.

I think Naomi beats Nikki to win the Divas Title.

I don't think Bryan will be there, so maybe they'll do BNB vs Neville.

Dolph kisses Sheamus's pasty white arse.

Ambrose beats Harper, because Dean needs a win...badly.

Cena beats Rusev in what should be a good match.

Reigns beats Show, decisively.

I think Rollins retains, due to Bray Wyatt interfering to take out Orton. Also look for more seeds to be planted for Kane's face turn.

I predict that I'm going to eat half a pizza, 12 wings, and as much of my buddy Chris' awesome dip on carrots and celery as humanly possible. Oh and many beers.

You will definitely win. Shameful as it is to admit, Sunday night here outside of a big football game or Rumble/Mania/exciting PPV means a big salad and healthy dinner. But I may have to supplement it with some ketel. TBD.

Three matches in a row on PPV is NOT overkill, jesus. Especially since this is the rubber match with a gimmick, a staple of wrestling for like 50 years or so. Is 3 months really that long of a feud?

It feels like it is when you watch all the TV, though. Three PPVs in a row when there's only four PPVs a year & no RAW every week is a lot different than three PPVs in a row that happens every month, with RAW & Smackdown every week.

Also because Wrestlemania, the biggest show of the year, where all the blowoffs are supposed to happen, was just casually thrown into the middle of the series, instead of being the end of it is weird to me.

The post-Wrestlemania PPV being nothing but Wrestlemania re-matches is silly to me too & always has been. Wrap it up & move onto the next story, or space it out so it doesn't feel so rehashed. Maybe I'm different in that aspect than most. Just feels like now WWE can't really book themselves outta this. Cena can't lose the belt already & Rusev shouldn't be losing. WWE feels like if you walk away for four months & come back you didn't miss anything. I find that problematic.

Same old shit!

Take potshots all you like. I'm allowed to have an opinion, even if it differs from others.