Pro Wrestling Only

Payback.. Live As it Happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, "Macho Mandow" and "Axelmania" gimmick will get a better reaction from live crowds than Damien Sandow & Curtis Axel themselves, but......god damn. Just god damn. Where can this go after a couple months, tops?

I can't believe Sandow finally fighting back against Miz at Mania wasn't the moment he didn't just return to Damien Sandow as a babyface.

But, yeah, these gimmicks are designed for the ex-fan parents of kids in the crowd and to delight a drunk me at a live event.

The Meta Powers vs The Ascension - WWE is approaching TNA levels with these impersonation gimmicks. Axel truly is an idiot for hulking up early. This match sadly was pretty much a squash with Ascension winning. Sandow was the most over act in the company just a little over a month ago. Now he's taking falls against fucking Connor.

There had to have been Dust Brothers matches that got better reactions than that. Hottest singles Stardust match maybe.

Axel's gum-chewing take on Hogan is entertaining, but man, they need to cut bait on the Ascension. Bad use of all involved.

Torito vs. Hornswaggle is a fine wine that only improves with age.

To be fair, "Macho Mandow" and "Axelmania" gimmick will get a better reaction from live crowds than Damien Sandow & Curtis Axel themselves, but......god damn. Just god damn. Where can this go after a couple months, tops?

They're gonna get someone like Summer Rae or Emma to be Miss Elizabeth. Then they Mega-Powers will "explode" over jealousy of her.

Ok... best case scenario.. Kane told the office he wants to spend more time on the farm and we end this Rollins experiment early AND Kane leaves.

I don't think you'll have long to wait for the 2nd part, I'm almost certain they are building towards Rollins "retiring" Kane once they actually wrestle.

Ascension v. MetaPowers was inoffensive and really over. Feel bad for Sandow though. Probably wasn't destined to be a big star, but they could have done something with him considering how over he had gotten himself.

The problem is he was really un-over after the Miz feud.

I kind of predicted early into the Mizdow thing that he was going to die off as soon as he stopped being Fake Miz. I mean there were months of people speculating/fantasy booking what to do with him after the split with Miz and none of it was ever more detailed than "make him a serious character and give him a midcard belt"

Ascension v. MetaPowers was inoffensive and really over. Feel bad for Sandow though. Probably wasn't destined to be a big star, but they could have done something with him considering how over he had gotten himself.

The problem is he was really un-over after the Miz feud.

Because they killed him dead.

He should have won the Andre Battle Royal. If not that he should have beat Miz. If not that they should have had him do the Cena open challenge gimmick and have a strong tv match which he has done with Cena before. Instead they deliberately murdered him.

I haven't given much of a damn about Kane in over 15 years...but I'll damned if I haven't been enjoying rebellious, fiery, corporate-man babyface Kane. I actually look forward to an eventual Kane vs Rollins battle. The conflict between them has been built really well.

I assume it will be at Elimination Chamber because the World title match isn't the main match on that event.

They have both EC and Battleground in the next four weeks - Rollins/Kane can be blown off at the first and set up a new title program for Battleground at that point. I'm more interested in who they think will be ready for the MITB briefcase eight weeks from now. You should be able to build anyone in eight weeks, but as of now I'll say Rusev with Ambrose as the backup plan?