Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 5/18/15-5/24/15

Strummer

Speaking of NXT women, I'm kind of hoping since they showed Tessa Blanchard's Tough Enough video on TV and made sure to include mentioning her dad/stepdad they put her on the show as a ringer of sorts.

70s-80s NWA mark Hunter has to be salivating at the idea of having Flair-Blanchard: The Next Generation in his promotion.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking lately that WWE needs a shakeup and a World Title change on Raw might not be a bad idea. I think a surprise Roman Reigns win on Raw would do more for him than a PPV main event where it'll be kind of telegraphed. I wouldn't even put it at the end of the show, I'd stretch the match between the end of hour 2/beginning of hour 3 and have something else follow.

Plus a surprise win helps negate any backlash because people will pop just for the "oh shit I didn't think I was going to see that" factor.

I have been thinking lately that WWE needs a shakeup and a World Title change on Raw might not be a bad idea. I think a surprise Roman Reigns win on Raw would do more for him than a PPV main event where it'll be kind of telegraphed. I wouldn't even put it at the end of the show, I'd stretch the match between the end of hour 2/beginning of hour 3 and have something else follow.

Plus a surprise win helps negate any backlash because people will pop just for the "oh shit I didn't think I was going to see that" factor.

This may happen with the ratings being so low lately.

Except Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins has nowhere near the money potential that Goldberg vs. Hogan had on PPV. Not even close to a straight comparison.

As far as creating a super memorable moment that helped solidify Goldberg as a true main eventer, it DID work out really well.

Exactly. The real stupidity lies in the fact that they never even ran the Goldberg/Hogan rematch on PPV, which still would have had big money potential for them.

Although I'm not really on board for the idea of switching the belt from Rollings to Reigns anytime too soon either. Guess that kind of hinges on how they'd book it to play out though.

Wouldn't it run the risk of cooling off Brock's vendetta and grudge against Seth? Unless he does the run-in and provides the opportunity for Reigns to win. But, even in that case, it doesn't do Roman as much good as it should to win the belt that way.

So yeah. They've got something special on their hands with revenge-hungry Lesnar & another potential Super Fight feel main event between Brock & Reigns down the road. I don't know if having Seth fall prey to Roman before he's fed to Brock is the best move to make in the meantime.

They are gonna run a Triple Threat at SummerSlam between Reigns/Lesnar/Rollins anyway.

I think doing a Reigns title change before then would only make the SummerSlam match more intriguing and not less. Lesnar gets his rematch, gets to get revenge on Rollins and gets a chance at pinning the only guy he's wrestled and not pinned since his return.

I don't see WWE running a straight Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins match although I keep seeing people suggest it. It just wouldn't work unless the match ends up being like Brock Lesnar vs. J&J Security, Big Show, Z-Gangsta, The Ultimate Solution, Kane & Seth Rollins in a Doomsday Cage match.

The constant Rousey "will she or won't she work Mania ?" news is starting to become quite annoying. Maybe it's because I'm not a big MMA fan but I wish people would stop talking about it for awhile. It's become quite similar to all the Lesnar rumors before he came back in 2012. I understand why it's big and Rousey is charismatic as hell but wake me when a final decision is made

It's all just talk now anyway. She can say whatever she wants in an interview but as long as she's under contract with UFC, Dana White has the final say. And he is not going to risk her getting injured just so Vince can get some mainstream buzz.

I'd like to see the match. If it shelters us from the possibility of another Hunter/Rock singles encounter, PLUS it gives us the Hunter & Steph that will bump and show ass for Rousey? Sign me up. I'd be all on board for that.

I'm not exactly holding my breath, but yeah. It'd be interesting and certainly add to the atmosphere & FEEL of a memorable Mania match. I just hope that IF it does come together & become a realistic option for them - then I hope they're able to secure the details & set everything into motion in time to really put some proper buildup behind it.

Ultimately of course, a lack of great build still wouldn't detract from the enjoyment of the match. But it could be so much more if they're allowed to milk it for a few months & prep for it. It'd just suck to see them get it finalized with two or three weeks to throw things together.

Seems like the most likely outcome would be Rock/Hunter with Ronda/Steph in the corners. That way WWE gets their mainstream buzz, and UFC doesn't have to worry about injury if they just do a spot where Steph gets ragdolled by the monster.

The constant Rousey "will she or won't she work Mania ?" news is starting to become quite annoying. Maybe it's because I'm not a big MMA fan but I wish people would stop talking about it for awhile. It's become quite similar to all the Lesnar rumors before he came back in 2012. I understand why it's big and Rousey is charismatic as hell but wake me when a final decision is made

what are you doing that you are getting constantly bombarded with Rousey/WWE news? Like...it's not hard to avoid things on the internet if you want to

what are you doing that you are getting constantly bombarded with Rousey/WWE news? Like...it's not hard to avoid things on the internet if you want to

This is the first I have heard about Rousey since Mania. Maybe I am sheltered in my wrestler news.