Pro Wrestling Only

Best YouTube & Dailymotion Channels

Loss

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Ring of Honor have finally started to make use of their archives and their Youtube channel has lots of cool older stuff on there now including three match compilations for Danielson, Steen, Punk, Joe and Generico. And today they put up the original Dragon Gate trios match. 

• 2 weeks later...

In case any of you follow this...

The Official Botchamania Fanpage
14 hrs · 
Vimeo have informed me that Botchamania is using too much bandwidth & if I want to keep using the site I need to pay them $10,000 (annually)

I asked how I can reduce bandwidth, they said "by removing videos"

so my channel will be removed in a week, go download them now

https://vimeo.com/user101654169

they're getting on average 17.5K hits so if that's too popular then I don't know what to tell them.

so for non-YT full-screen versions, that leaves:

Bitchute
Xvideos
Dailymotion (which is hit-and-miss right now)

Any other suggestions?

https://www.facebook.com/botchamania/posts/3194569760554055

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Arturito Luchas Monterrey

'90s wrestling from Monterrey. Mostly highlights/partial matches, and it looks like "filming your TV" quality video, but most of this is rare stuff, much of it featuring workers of whom we do not have a lot of video. He has the entire first fall of a Dandy/Ultimo Dragon vs Negro Casas/Mocho Cota match from 1994 and it's a damned good fall.

55 minutes ago, cad said:

Arturito Luchas Monterrey

'90s wrestling from Monterrey. Mostly highlights/partial matches, and it looks like "filming your TV" quality video, but most of this is rare stuff, much of it featuring workers of whom we do not have a lot of video. He has the entire first fall of a Dandy/Ultimo Dragon vs Negro Casas/Mocho Cota match from 1994 and it's a damned good fall.

I watched that a few weeks ago, but we haven't been able to slot it into New Footage Friday on SC because it's just one fall (even if it's a very complete one) and we've had other more complete stuff. It's so cool to see Cota and Dragon interact, and I'm not a huge Dragon guy or anything. 

Yeah, I thought they were the better matchup in that fall actually. It's weird to see a forty year old excon getting treated as an equal by a workrate favorite who does powerbombs and moonsaults. They had a title match that was televised but IIRC it's from that period in late 1993 when almost no CMLL made its way into anyone's collections.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've linked to this channel in a couple of my threads in the Matches section, but I've had my eye on a great Japanese YouTube channel for a little bit now. They seem to be less a wrestling channel than an "uploading retro Japanese television that happens to be mostly wrestling", but there's been some great stuff to come out of it. I've already written elsewhere about the 1977 Champion Carnival final and Jumbo/Oki from July 1977, but they have some other interesting stuff that the ol' AJPW Archive did not.

Thing is, you have to be quick to get the real gems that this channel has to offer. They have this system where, every few days, they'll upload several NJPW matches for only about twelve hours. I've likely missed some good stuff because I didn't discover the channel earlier, but I've been downloading everything they drop since I figured out what was going on. Haven't gotten around to watching any of it, but I've stockpiled some stuff that isn't on NJPW World or Ditch, and which looks promising or at least interesting:

- a Fujinami/Kido vs Chavo/Tony Rocco tag from Oct. 1978
- Choshu vs Kido, from the following month
- a Choshu/Fujinami match from Sep. 1983, as well as a Choshu/Hamaguchi vs Maeda/Hoshino tag from the following night
- the Choshu/Hamaguchi vs Fujinami/Maeda Tag League draw from that December

That channel also uploaded (and has subsequently pulled) Antonio Inoki vs. Bearcat Wright from 1975, one of Wright's final matches. It's nothing altogether spectacular and Wright was pretty old, but he's a seminal figure in wrestling history, a WON HOF member, and a guy with very little footage out there. It was a neat find regardless of match quality.

52 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

That channel also uploaded (and has subsequently pulled) Antonio Inoki vs. Bearcat Wright from 1975, one of Wright's final matches. It's nothing altogether spectacular and Wright was pretty old, but he's a seminal figure in wrestling history, a WON HOF member, and a guy with very little footage out there. It was a neat find regardless of match quality.

I jumped around that channel when I saw this and saw that match and grabbed it immediately. Glad I did if it got pulled already, must’ve been just after I grabbed it.

fun channel! 

Then there's this from that channel that blew my mind: 

Akira Taue vs. Harley Race from '89. In a match that's not on the 1989 AJ TV set--this must be another match that only aired on local/regional TV, which we have a few of around this time but obviously not everything. This is one I've never heard of before.

13 hours ago, KinchStalker said:

I've linked to this channel in a couple of my threads in the Matches section, but I've had my eye on a great Japanese YouTube channel for a little bit now. They seem to be less a wrestling channel than an "uploading retro Japanese television that happens to be mostly wrestling", but there's been some great stuff to come out of it. I've already written elsewhere about the 1977 Champion Carnival final and Jumbo/Oki from July 1977, but they have some other interesting stuff that the ol' AJPW Archive did not.

Thing is, you have to be quick to get the real gems that this channel has to offer. They have this system where, every few days, they'll upload several NJPW matches for only about twelve hours. I've likely missed some good stuff because I didn't discover the channel earlier, but I've been downloading everything they drop since I figured out what was going on. Haven't gotten around to watching any of it, but I've stockpiled some stuff that isn't on NJPW World or Ditch, and which looks promising or at least interesting:

- a Fujinami/Kido vs Chavo/Tony Rocco tag from Oct. 1978
- Choshu vs Kido, from the following month
- a Choshu/Fujinami match from Sep. 1983, as well as a Choshu/Hamaguchi vs Maeda/Hoshino tag from the following night
- the Choshu/Hamaguchi vs Fujinami/Maeda Tag League draw from that December

It would be great if you could put those in a Google Drive or something because that sounds like absolutely dope material.

8 hours ago, Jetlag said:

It would be great if you could put those in a Google Drive or something because that sounds like absolutely dope material.

I shall do this, for the people. It’s going to take a few hours, since I’m putting on everything that (to my knowledge) isn’t streaming on official channels.

Anybody who is interested, please shoot me a PM. (Jetlag, you already have the link in your inbox.) I want to keep some veneer of discretion to all of this.

• 1 month later...

Can we add streaming sites to this? I'm not talking wrestling-exclusive ones like WWE Network or New Japan World. Tubi has a ton of wrestling titles for example (I havent checked out any of these BTW, just going with what they had via a search):

Wrestlings Bloodiest Wars

Wrestling's Greatest Villains: The Golden Era

Urban Wrestling Federation (3 seperate titles)

Classic Wrestling: Lone Star Shootout, Brawling Beauties (GLOW compilation), Blood, Sweat, and Bruises

Combat Zone Wrestling (looks to be a bunch of "best of" compilations)

Extreme Legends (looks to be stuff owned by the Savoldis with the "early years" of guys like Austin, Jarrett, and Foley, though one compilation is devoted to Ric Flair, so I'm not sure).

They also have Grunt: The Wrestling Movie, 350 Days, My Breakfast with Blassie, and the Resurrection of Jake the Snake (though the last one is buried in the documentary section).

On 2/24/2021 at 12:55 AM, JRH said:

Extreme Legends (looks to be stuff owned by the Savoldis with the "early years" of guys like Austin, Jarrett, and Foley, though one compilation is devoted to Ric Flair, so I'm not sure).

If the Flair stuff was sent to the Savoldi's on tape to be shown on their TV, then they can use it. At least that's how it used to be.

I checked out the Greg Valentine one on there a few weeks back, kinda cool, a bunch of smaller scale matches that aren't common. I'll be checking the other titles out as time permits.

• 2 weeks later...