Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Rulebook

Grimmas

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess for the midnight express too.

What about picking one member of a team? I know someone mentioned just wanting Ricky steamboat but not wanting to have to spend a pick on Jay Youngblood. Personally I think that the designated teams should have to be drafted together, but it's up to the bookers what they want to do after that.

I see this point, but I'd rather be able to split up teams for drafting if necessary.

I didn't think Grimmas got an answer regarding Steamboat, and if he wants to change his pick to that I think it's fine.

I guess for the midnight express too.

What about picking one member of a team? I know someone mentioned just wanting Ricky steamboat but not wanting to have to spend a pick on Jay Youngblood. Personally I think that the designated teams should have to be drafted together, but it's up to the bookers what they want to do after that.

I see this point, but I'd rather be able to split up teams for drafting if necessary.

I didn't think Grimmas got an answer regarding Steamboat, and if he wants to change his pick to that I think it's fine.

I'm sticking with the Hammer. I am banking on my prefered top babyface to be available when I draft.

No because not all teams are that closely linked together. Some of them would be split up in 6 months like The Midnight Express. RNR Express really hadn't been teaming all that long and weren't a big money team yet, they could easily have been separated.

Plus if someone took Ricky Morton early then with so many other people in the draft, isn't it likely someone is going to take Robert Gibson before them just out of spite/strategy?

On the more obvious teams, there is no way you could get away with drafting one early and trying to take the other later. No one is going to let you get away with doing that with The Road Warriors or The Freebirds or The Fabs.

And you definitely shouldn't have to take a team like Bobby Fulton & Terry Taylor together considering how short their run as a tag team is. The option to draft as a tag should be there but not a rule that you must.

Probably need to clarify who the promotion owners are for drafting purposes. Places that had owner/wrestlers will end up not having to draft them I guess?

Yeah, we should probably have a list of owners out there and who is in draft and who is not. Kris?