Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a comment on the sheer amount of effort you guys are putting into this, yes. I think there's some real merit in this with the research and what not that's been done. That said, we've been in sort of a weird state the last few weeks where instead of a broad range of stuff, we've had two major threads (art and star ratings) that have had a thousand posts each, the Cena discussion, and then almost everything else is this.

Also a comment on the sheer amount of effort you guys are putting into this, yes. I think there's some real merit in this with the research and what not that's been done. That said, we've been in sort of a weird state the last few weeks where instead of a broad range of stuff, we've had two major threads (art and star ratings) that have had a thousand posts each, the Cena discussion, and then almost everything else is this.

I tried to atone for my sins with offerings to youtube. And by making a new recap in the Southeastern thread.

Has anyone else gotten a promotion they knew almost nothing about and found that it was way more up their alley than I imagined? I did some looking into Montreal and it seems like they have a very AWA vibe as far as babyfaces go. Once the heels go past a certain point and the blood feud is on, the babyface is okay to turn heel tactics around on them. It seems like the house style was a pretty fast-paced brawl with some cool spots and technical wrestling thrown in to keep it interesting. They also seem to like their heated brawls in feuds, see the Rougeaus vs. the Garvins. In speaking to others about this, they have seen French language footage of the match I saw with no X-ing out of the bloody face of Ronnie Garvin. So basically I am not making big leaps by building feuds into hate-filled brawls where the faces will take the law into their own hands if it comes down to that. My plan is to use blood sparingly on TV to make it a big deal, but house shows I am thinking there ought to be a bloody, hate-filled brawl in Montreal once every few weeks. What a great way to keep 3000 fans showing up at the Paul Suave Arena every Saturday evening and get as close to 18,000 as possible into the Forum on my big shows. I see Abby making some appearances in 1984, no way the idea of a Hansen vs. Abby bloodbath doesn't sell tickets.

I am so pumped to unleash my first card on you guys on Wednesday. Some cool surprises setting up future shows and lots of awesome wrestling!

Who will be the NWA Canadian Champion find out Wednesday!

Plus, I plan on making the Canada Cup a yearly affair ala the Championship Carnival/G1 Climax.

With two big shows coming up, several AWA wrestlers and promoter Verne Gagne appeared on a popular Twin Cities television show this morning. Be sure to check out what went down:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/31248-american-wrestling-association/?p=5682359

(Spoiler alert: Vinnie Valentino "booty underwear.")