Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Project General Chatter Thread

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I just wanted it to merge with Vancouver. It is close in proximity and people are already trying to grab wrestlers, like fighting over a wishbone at Thanksgiving.

Yea but Wahoos Leg suddenly getting 22 extra people on his roster isn't really a good solution either. We already have the August newcomers thing that can serve as a way to disperse the Portland roster (assuming Matt D doesn't want to just take it over and delay shows until August)

I'd be happy to do it(starting the second week of August) only if:

A) No one who doesn't have a territory already wants it now. (Were that the case, I'd even be glad to help that person out come August).

B ) it'd be understood that mainly I'd be doing it to hold the roster together, because it's a great roster, on the idea that Dylan will want it back at some point. I'd be more than happy to step aside at that point and he could deal with the mess I made with the territory.

C) Said Mr. Hales doesn't hold the entire situation against me for three years. (Just saying).

If Dylan is unlikely to return AND Matt is only doing it to keep the roster warm, we should put that roster into a special draft. It can happen in the last week of July and new additions to the rosters are implemented August 1. Random drawing.

I can keep the roster warm indefinitely. You know, if I have to. It's Portland.

Disappointing....in the sense that those guys aren't going to be available. But yeah unless someone serious pops in in the next month, you should take over Portland.

Until then, Portland guys should be freelancers? Maybe even for that it should be a random draft where people get first dibs on a worker or two and some dates.

Someone can take Portland. Don't ask.

That's a bummer, I was really looking forward to your take on Portland. No chance of you changing your mind?

I'd recommend leaving Portland as is for now while the smoke clears. It's a little bit late to shift wrestlers around, but still early enough for the territory to start up.

That's a bummer, I was really looking forward to your take on Portland. No chance of you changing your mind?

I'd recommend leaving Portland as is for now while the smoke clears. It's a little bit late to shift wrestlers around, but still early enough for the territory to start up.

There is still the possibility of rainmakertv deciding he wants to take it over, or someone else who has been reading along like maybe the Bottomlessjack guy.

There is still the possibility of rainmakertv deciding he wants to take it over, or someone else who has been reading along like maybe the Bottomlessjack guy.

That's why I recommend leaving Portland as is for now. If anyone decides to run Portland in the next week or two, they can always retroactively post July shows.

It comes down to who has the "written" type of a contract. If Portland has the "rights" they should go to draft, but if they are an "open" contract, it is a loss for that promotion. Again, this is just the opinion of one person and after going through some stuff like this before, it will be good to have a precedent set early.

Why don't we just let things stay the way they are with Portland going over to Matt in August if they are still unclaimed? I would guess Matt intends to honor the deal with Toronto as far as sharing, but if he isn't that's in August. Just play it like nothing has changed because in the long run it's going to still be an occupied territory.

Maple Leaf Wrestling TV for July 10th is up. The build up for future shows conitnues. Why is Alexis Smirnoff under a mask calling himself The Super Russian. Why does Jesse Ventura have a masked body guard called "The Masked Samurai"? What is Angelo Mosca doing on The Body Shop? Team Canada is revealed, but who is Team USA? Who will win the NWA Canadian Tag Team Titles tomorrow? Who will win Ivan Koloff or Leo Burke in the main event?

It's Wrestling Night in Canada time!

I will officially take my name out of the running. For all I am running a bit behind (shows should be posted tomorrow), I am happy with my current arrangement with Cross Face Chicken Wing and the AWA.

Verne appreciates your loyalty and is happy to retain the services of the best booker in all of wrestling. As a token of his appreciation, Verne says to go ahead and take a pair of Vinnie Valentino booty underwear from the storage shed, free of charge.