• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HISTORY MADE IN GREENSBORO!

Saturday July 2nd 1983

MACW live from Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina

The Vachons defeated Hector Guerrero & Barry Darsow

The Tonga Kid defeated Ben Alexander

The Russians & The Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts) went to a double DQ.

Fantastic Tommy Rogers defeated Steve Estes

NWATV.png

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Terry Bam Bam Gordy defeated The Great Kabuki to WIN the NWA Television Championship!

Brad Rhenigans defeated Doug Vines

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated the Iron Sheik via roll up

Sunday July 3rd 1983

MACW live from Legion Stadium in Wilmington, North Carolina

Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated Ben Alexander & Steve Estes

The Tonga Kid defeated Tiger Williams

Nikolai Volkoff defeated Barry Darsow

Fantastic Tommy Rogers & Hector Guerrero defeated Doug Vines & Tony Zane

Brad Rhenigans defeated Bill White

NWATV.png

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Terry Gordy defeated Chris Markoff

MAIN EVENT - ELIMINATION MATCH!

Ric Flair, Michael Hayes, & Buddy Roberts defeated the Iron Sheik & The Vachons

Who's Flag will fly high in Raleigh?

Monday July 4th 1983

MACW live from Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina

Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated Tony Zane & Tiger Williams

Barry Darsow defeated Ben Alexander

The Tonga Kid defeated Doug Vines

Hector Guerrero defeated Bill White

Butcher Vachon defeated Buddy Jack Roberts

Brad Rhenigans & Tommy Rogers defeated The Russians (Volkoff & Markoff) via DQ

NWATV.png

Terry Bam Bam Gordy © defeated Mad Dog Vachon

MAIN EVENT - FLAG MATCH

Michael Hayes defeated the Iron Sheik

This is not fair to Flair!

Tuesday July 5th 1983

MACW live from Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, South Carolina

The Tonga Kid defeated Tony Zane

Hector Guerrero defeated Tiger Williams

Buddy Roberts defeated Barry Darsow
Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated Doug Vines & Bill White

Michael Hayes defeated Mad Dog Vachon

The Russians (Volkoff & Markoff) defeated Brad Rhenigans & Tommy Rogers

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © defeated Butcher Vachon

MAIN EVENT

The Iron Sheik defeated Ric Flair after hitting Ric Flair in the throat with the Iranian Flag! A bloody Flair returned the favored and chased The Sheik to the back!

The stars of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling will be off Wednesday (Contact Beast & Myself for Bookings) but will return on Thursday for a television taping (to air Saturday). Here is the lineup for that card from the Scope in Norfolk!

23msj8o.png

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling

Thursday July 7th 1983 from the Scope in Norfolk, Virginia!

MAIN EVENT

Brad Rhenigans & Fantastic Tommy Rogers vs The Vachons

Ric Flair, The Tonga Kid, & The Freebirds all in action!

Plus, the tag team title tournament pairings will be released!

Thursday July 7th 1983

MACW Television Taping from the Scope in Norfolk, Virginia

Fans were treated to an exciting hour of taped action that will air this Saturday morning. Such stars as Ric Flair, the Freebirds, and the Tonga kid were in action. An exciting main event between Brad Rhenigans & Tommy Rogers and the Vachons excited the crowd and left everyone waiting for the NWA World Tag Team Title tournament as the pairings were also released on this episode. The fans were then treated to a special contest after the cameras were turned off.

*DARK MATCH MAIN EVENT*

ELIMINATION MATCH

Ric Flair, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, & Buddy Roberts defeated The Russians (Nikolai Volkoff & Chris Markoff) and the Vachons (Butcher and Mad Dog)

Tune in this Saturday for MACW!

Friday July 8th 1983

MACW live from County Hall in Charleston, South Carolina

Hector Guerrero defeated Rudy Diamond via Double underhook suplex

The Tonga Kid defeated Bill White via flying cross body

Chris Markoff defeated Barry Darsow via DDT
Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated Tony Zane & Ben Alexander via double dropkick

The Vachons and Brad Rhenigans & Tommy Rogers went to a double Count Out

The Iron Sheik defeated Buddy Jack Roberts via Camel Clutch

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © defeated Nikolai Volkoff via an Asiatic Spike!

MAIN EVENT

FAN'S CHOICE

Ric Flair defeated Michael Hayes with a roll up

-This was a fan's choice match due to a call in response from last week's show. Hayes and Flair tore it up and then showed great respect for one another shaking hands at the conclusion of the contest.

1348126370_7656_NWA%20logo.jpg?itok=1Waj

220px-Jim_Crockett_Promotions_%28logo%29

23msj8o.jpg

Jim Crockett Promotions in compliance with the National Wrestling Alliance presents: Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling from The Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia with your hosts Bob Caudle & David Crockett!

Bob+and+David.JPG

Bob Caudle: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling! I am Bob Caudle alongside David Crockett. David, it feels good to be here tonight in Norfolk for an exciting night of action.

David Crockett: That’s right Bob. Tonight we’ve got a full schedule of matches… plus we have footage of a huge contest that happened just 6 days ago for the television championship!

Bob: That’s right David. Here in Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling we have seen an influx of talent over the last month or so and some huge names have come to the area.

David: That’s right Bob, guys like The Iron Sheik, The Freebirds, the Vachons. Some of the biggest names in wrestling are right here in Mid Atlantic!

Bob: Well fans, as such with new talent, anything can happen. For instance, just this past weekend we had a huge title contest between Terry Gordy and the Great Kabuki!

David: Oh what a night it was in Greensboro. So many fans just going wild and this was a main event anywhere in the count and they got to see history made. Let’s take a look at footage from that live event from Greensboro!

{The video cuts to a live crowd as we see a clipped version of a Television Championship Match between The Great Kabuki and Terry Bam Bam Gordy. We see high spots from both competitors including some hard hitting power moves from Gordy and a Green Mist by Kabuki. Thankfully Michael Hayes is at ringside to wipe the mist away before Kabuki goes to finish. He sets up Gordy for a Thrust Kick but Gordy grabs it and turns him around and nails an ASIATIC SPIKE before turning him around for a POWERBOMB! 1….2…3! WE HAVE A NEW TELEVISION CHAMPION! We see Hayes and Roberts run into the ring and celebrate as Gordy holds the title high in the air. We cut back to the arena where the Freebirds are standing with Bob and David.}

1354223824_5193_freebirds.jpg?itok=HnHei

Bob: Well Terry Gordy, let me be the first to congratulate you on this big victory.

Terry Gordy: Well lemme tell you something Bob Caudle, it takes a helluva man to wake up and put down ol Bam Bam and this title proves that I am the best wrestler on television. This is a call out to everyone in Jim Crockett Promotions, everyone to the NWA, and any wrestler in the world… you wanna take a shot at ol Bam Bam, just sign on the dotted line daddy!

David: Well Michael Hayes, we are looking forward to the announcement the NWA world Tag Team Title tournament later on in this broadcast… how do you feel the Freebirds will do.

Michael Hayes: David Crockett… you and all the other big wigs out there in television land listen up jack. You are looking at a team that is so fabulous; our future is paved in gold. You see this tag team title tournament was made for the Freebirds. When all is said and done, Terry has the TV title and we’ve got the Tag Titles… you are looking at the best team the world has ever seen!

Bob: Well gentlemen you are in action right now… let’s take it to the ring!

The Freebirds vs Tony Zane & Rudy Diamond

{A pretty simple showcase for The Freebirds as Hayes and Roberts are in action. Roberts does a lot of the legwork while Hayes comes in for the glory. A NASTY DDT on Rudy Diamond is all she wrote for the 1…2…3! Bob and David put over the tournament which we will have more details on in moments!}

*COMMERCIAL*

{MACW returns with an interesting vignette as we see Dr. D Dave Schultz is shown out in the woods. He is shown chopping down a tree and brining wood to a cabin. He is shown sharpening huge hunting knives. He is then shown drinking a couple of beers as he plays with his dog. He looks at the camera and smashes the can on his forehead! We cut back to David and Bob.}

mqdefault.jpg

Bob: How about that David, Dr. D Dave Schultz… what a character.

David: One of the most dangerous men in all of wrestling. I am interested to see how he does here in the Mid Atlantic Area.

Bob: He is going to have some tough competition. Right now fans, we have the debut of a new competitor… he is a young prospect from the South Pacific. His name is the Tonga Kid!

David: The thing about this guy is his speed and intensity, not to mention he wrestles BAREFOOT!

Bob: He is truly a tough competitor; let’s see what he has in the ring!

The Tonga Kid vs Doug Vines

{Tonga kid comes out to a nice ovation. He is a young, good-looking kid who has a lot of spunk. He and Doug vines have a nice contest but it is the Tonga Kid who comes out looking good. We see a huge Top Rope Flying Cross Body for the 1….2…3!! Tonga with a nice win and the crowd loves it. He works the fans as we cut to David and Bob who are with the Iron Sheik…}

YCpQmB6L3.jpeg

Bob: What a debut match there for the Tonga Kid… fans we want to welcome in right now, the Iron Sheik. Sheik, you are known around the world as one of the most dangerous and strongest competitors in the world, we haven’t see you in a while though, where have you been?

The Iron Sheik: What has been said about me is no lie. I am the strongest man in the NWA. I am the most dangerous man in the NWA. I have been in the sands of Iran training for this moment. I come to show the world why Iron Sheik is number 1!

David: Well what is your purpose here in the Mid Atlantic area?

The Iron Sheik: I tell you David Crockett… I am here for one reason… I want that United States title. I am going to take that United States title… I am going to spit on it! (He spits in the ground!) I am going to make it Iran title! I will be champion of Iran and United States! Iran number 1! The Sheik number 1!

{Bob and David are displeased by his message and send it to commercial!}

*COMMERCIAL*

{We return to MACW with a promo for the upcoming live events from Charleston SC on Friday the 8th, Charlotte NC the 9th, and Greenvile SC on the 10th! We cut to the ring for more action!}

Barry Darsow vs Bill White

{Barry Darsow comes out here and attempts to get the ovation of the crowd but it is lukewarm at best. He is just a bland fellow who gets a small notion from the fans but nothing offensive. Bill White gets a little heat with the crowd but it Darsow who fires back and then comes with a huge POWERSLAM for the 1…2…3! Darsow then walks by the set and we see Nikolai Volkoff and Chris Markoff standing by… Darsow looks mesmerized! The crowd is booing up a storm at Volkoff and Markoff!}

559098_308783745913771_1752146924_n.jpg?nikolai-volkoff-hall-of-fame.png

Bob: Fans welcome back in here. We are joined right now by The Russians Volkoff and Markoff… gentlemen, you two are going to be involved in the big NWA world tag team title tournament and you have held the belts before… how will this tournament be different?

Volkoff: There will be no difference. We walk in to Mid Atlantic Wrestling… we walk out with world titles!

Markoff: There is no stopping us. We are most destructive team in world. Everyone will see.

David: Well I am interested to see who your opponents will be in this tournament. We will have that announcement coming up in just a little bit fans, but when we come back… The Nature Boy Ric Flair will be here!

*COMMERCIAL*

{MACW returns with a lavish entrance from Ric Flair as he works the crowd and they are eating out the palm of his hand. The fans are chanting his name as he steps into the ring for his match…}

Ric Flair vs Ben Alexander

{A great showcase for the Nature Boy, as he is more than Alexander can muster. Flair works the knee over as he has got the crowd solidly behind him. In the end it is the figure four and Ben has no choice but to give up. Flair gets up to his feet and walks over to David and Bob…}

flairintvred.JPG

Bob: Welcome in here Ric Flair!

Ric Flair: WOOOO! Lemme put it all on the line right here Bob Caudle and David Crockett. Since day one in the Mid Atlantic area, I have shown the world that there is no one finer than the Nature Boy. I am here right now to put it out there for Jim Crockett, The National Wrestling Alliance… Harley Race. Right now you hold that NWA World Championship. I am letting you and all the people out there who think they hold the power… I am letting you know that Ric Flair is coming. WOOO! Ric Flair is coming for that World’s Title pal and there is not a thing you can do about it but just sit there and watch it happen. I am going style and profile all the way to the top of the wrestling world one more time and then… wooo… Space Mountain is never going to stop!

David: Ric Flair saying he is next in line for the NWA World Title… when we come back folks… we will have the big reveal of the World Tag Team Title Tournament!

*COMMERCIAL*

{MACW returns with a special video highlighting former NWA tag team champions. Bob and David are standing by…}

Bob: Fans the moment you’ve been waiting for is here. David, let’s explain how this tournament is going to work…

David: Well this is going to take place over the month of July and matches will be shown here on television and at our live arena shows. The first round will be next week, with the quarter finals being the following week, the semi-finals on the 28th of July and the finals will be on the 30th of July with new champions being crowned.

Bob: Well fans next week we’ve got some huge matches lined up… along with these matches, there are two teams that will be getting first round byes due to a random draw. Those two teams are the Andersons Lars and Gene, and the Midnight Express. Let’s take a look at this bracket!

In the opening round, former Mid Atlantic mainstays, Lars and Gene Anderson will receive a bye.

The British Bulldogs, Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kid, a young team out of the UK with tremendous talent will be taking on the ever dangerous Zambuie Express. Will speed overcome size or will the strength of the Express be too much for the dogs to handle?

Japanese Young Lions Misawa and Kawada travel from All-Japan pro wrestling to take on two of the most dangerous men in all of wrestling, Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen. Word has it that Hansen and Brody are looking to settle the score here in the US and aren’t afraid to take the fight all the way back to Japan if necessary.

Barry Darsow will be teaming with All-American Brad Rhenigans to take on the Russians. It will be a cold war classic with these two teams looking to settle the score and move forward in the tournament.

Joe Lightfoot and Bob Bradley are looking to make an impact against the crazed duo of Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon in opening round action.

The Fabulous Freebirds look to continue their winning ways on their path for gold against the Invaders who may prove to keep the birds grounded.

Tommy Rogers & Hector Guerrero are two men who have a tremendous upside but they are going against two veterans who will stop at nothing to achieve tag team greatness in El Gran Apollo and Jose Lothario.

Rounding out the first round, the Midnight Express will be receiving byes as they immediately move on to the second round.

David: Well lemme tell you something Bob, what a tournament. 14 of the top teams from all over the world and a lot of those matches will be taking place right here next week!

Bob: It is going to be a great night of action next week. Fans right now we’ve got a huge main event… kind of a preview of that tournament. Let’s head to the ring!

MAIN EVENT

Brad Rhenigans & Fantastic Tommy Rogers vs The Vachons

{What a fun main event contest here with four stars of MACW. Bulldog and Mad Dog are vicious men here who stop at nothing to go after Rogers. Rhenigans comes in with a huge pop to bring some quick and powerful offense as the Vachons make him look good. Mad Dog goes and bites Tommy Rogers right above the eye and the fans in the crowd gasp! Butcher and Mad Dog then double up on Rhenigans while Rogers is being checked on by the referee. They pull Rhenigans outside of the ring and hit a DOUBLE SUPLEX ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR! The referee begins to shout at the Vachons but they are really putting the boots to Rhenigans as Tommy Rogers then gets on the apron and runs for a flying tackle! The referee has no choice but to call for the bell as this one has turned into a pier six brawl! Rhenigans gets back up to his feet but he is in a bad way as officials come out to push the Vachons back. They are nowhere near done and are looking for more. David and Jim put this over in a big way as they push the tournament next week here on MACW!}

Enjoyed your first TV. I think the most important thing for a first show is to establish the major characters and you've done that here without giving away too much. Loved the Dr. D vignette, can't wait to see how you plan to utilise him. The introduction of the Iron Shiek was interesting, perfectly logical and I'm always a sucker for patriotism storylines. I liked how you established his motivations right off the bat. You really have an ethnically diverse roster. Some HUGE teams in the tag tournament and there's no better way to put the tournament over than by having a crazy tag brawl to close the show. Overall, a very good job.

Look forward to reading more.

Saturday July 9th 1983

MACW live from the Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina

Hector Guerrero & Tommy Rogers defeated Bill White & Tony Zane

The Tonga Kid defeated Rudy Diamond

Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated Tiger Williams and Steve Estes

The Vachons & The Iron Sheik defeated Michael Hayes, Buddy Roberts, & Brad Rhenigans

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © defeated Chris Markoff

Ric Flair defeated Nikolai Volkoff

MAIN EVENT

The Iron Sheik won a battle royal after last eliminating Ric Flair. Sheik had been previously eliminated but due to a brawl between the Russians and the Freebirds that took up the referees, Sheik sneaked back in the ring and eliminated Flair. Flair chased him off and challenged him to a cage match in two weeks!

Sunday July 10th 1983

MACW live from the Memorial Auditorium in Greenvile, South Carolina

The Tonga Kid defeated Steve Estes

The Russians defeated Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley

Hector Guerrero & Barry Darsow ended in a double DQ

Brad Rhenigans & Tommy Rogers defeated Tiger Williams & Rudy Diamond

Butcher Vachon defeated Buddy Roberts

Ric Flair & Michael Hayes defeated The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff by DQ when Chris Markoff attacked Hayes

NWATV.png

MAIN EVENT

CANADIAN STRAP MATCH

Terry Gordy © defeated Mad Dog Vachon

Monday July 11th 1983

MACW live from Riley Park in Sumter, South Carolina

Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated Tiger Williams & Rudy Diamond

Barry Darsow defeated Steve Estes

Hector Guerrero & Tommy Rogers fought the Vachons to a No Contest via DDQ

The Russians defeated Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts

The Iron Sheik defeated Brad Rhenigans

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair and Terry Gordy went to a 60 minute draw.

Tuesday July 11th 1983

MACW live from the City Armory in Lynchburg, Virginia

Hector Guerrero defeated Tiger Williams

Tommy Rogers defeated Bill White

The Tonga Kid defeated Rudy Diamond

Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated Steve Estes & Ben Alexander

Buddy Roberts defeated Tony Zane

Brad Rhenigans & Barry Darsow vs the Vachons went to a double count out

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © defeated Chris Markoff

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair & Michael Hayes defeated The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff

Thursday July 14th 1983

MACW Television Taping from the Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina

The fans in Charlotte were treated to a great television taping that included 4 NWA World Tag Team Championship Tournament matches. Also on the card was the Tonga Kid while fans also heard from The Midnight Express, the Andersons, Dr. D Dave Schultz, and The Nature Boy Ric Flair! Take a look at this card...

The Tonga Kid vs Tony Zane

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT

The British Bulldogs (Stampede) vs The Zambuie Express (Central States)

Toshiaki Kawada & Mitsuhara Misawa (All-Japan) vs Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody (Free)

Barry Darsow & Brad Rhenigans (JCP) vs The Russians (JCP)

The Fabulous Freebirds (JCP) vs the Invaders (WWC)

Fans were also treated to a pair of special dark matches...

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © and Stan Hansen went to a double DQ

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated Bruiser Brody by a roll up. Hansen and Brody ensued in a beat-down on Flair until the Freebirds made the save!

Friday July 15th 1983

MACW live from the County Hall in Charleston, South Carolina

Hector Guerrero & Tommy Rogers defeated Rudy Diamond & Steve Estes

Barry Darsow & Brad Rhenigans went to a double count out

Buddy Roberts defeated Ben Alexander

Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley defeated The Vachons via DQ

Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes defeated The Russians

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated the Iron Sheik