Pro Wrestling Only

MACW on Tour July 1983

LowBlowPodcast

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence the dark match. And the beatdown after. And the dominating performance on the tv show coming up. Like a Starrcade '93 finish.

Brody is being taken care of in MACW and he's understanding that it helps to have the NWA President on his side. Bigger plans for him coming in down the line.

Just a dark match for the fans.

1348126370_7656_NWA%20logo.jpg?itok=1Waj

220px-Jim_Crockett_Promotions_%28logo%29

23msj8o.jpg

Jim Crockett Promotions in compliance with the National Wrestling Alliance presents: Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling from The Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina with your hosts Bob Caudle & David Crockett!

Bob+and+David.JPG

Bob Caudle: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling! I am Bob Caudle alongside David Crockett. David, tonight is the night, we have the FIRST ROUND of the NWA World Tag Team Championship Tournament!

David Crockett: Bob, you can feel it here in the arena. We have got a huge show and some of the biggest names in wrestling are here tonight. I am really excited to see how it all turns out.

Bob: Well tonight fans we have four scheduled tag team matches including a special message from the two teams that got first round byes.

David: That’s right Bob. The Andersons, Gene and Lars along with the Midnight Express both received byes due to a random drawing…

Bob: What luck they have… and that may just drive them right to the finals…

David: Also tonight, the Nature Boy Ric Flair is going to be here and I am told he has got some words for a certain man…

Bob: We all know that Flair has had issues with the Iron Sheik… perhaps we will hear more tonight. Right now though fans, we have got opening round action in the NWA World Tag Team Championship Tournament… let’s take it to the ring!

{We get an image showing the team and their respective promotion before each contest. Bob and David do a good job of really putting over these teams and their strengths along with keys to victory.}

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT

The British Bulldogs (Stampede) vs The Zambuie Express (Central States)

{Two super-heavyweights vs two of the most technical wrestlers in the world for this one. These two teams kick things off for this tournament the right way. The Express is quick to show their dominance as the Bulldogs find themselves in a hole quickly. Dynamite tries to tag Davey but the Express breaks him down more and more. The Express throw Dynamite into the corner and then go for a double smash but Dynamite jumps up on the top rope and leaps over their heads and lands into a roll to tag in Davey Boy who comes in like a house of fire. He has got some huge clotheslines and then some rights and lefts. Dynamite is shaking the cobwebs out and tries to get back into the ring. Elijah goes for Dynamite who pulls the ropes down and he goes flying out of the ring. Davey and Dynamite then set up for a double dropkick on Kareem sending him out of the ring! The Dogs are celebrating for a moment but the Express aren’t done. They pull the Bulldogs out and the brawl ensues. The referee is counting and he is getting close! 7…8… Davey Boy moves as Elijah nails the ring post! Davey jumps back in the ring 9…10!! The Bulldogs have won it via count out! The crowd gives them a nice pop! Elijah and Kareem aren’t done yet; they are doubling up on Dynamite. Davey Boy comes after them as officials come out. This one has broken loose fans and we’ve just started! David and Bob put this over in a big way. More tag team tournament action when we come back!}

britishbulldogs02.jpg

*COMMERCIAL*

Bob: What an encounter there David… the British Bulldogs were victorious but it was hard to tell.

David: When you wrestle guys like the Express, anything can happen. I am sure it isn’t the last time we will see them here in Mid Atlantic.

Bob: Well next in line for the Bulldogs will be the Andersons; we have a special word from them later on in the broadcast.

David: I am sure that will be a classic. We will see that contest on the 23rd of July.

Bob: We know another big contest for that card that we will be talking about later on in this broadcast. Fans it is time for more tournament action. Our next contest is one between two teams that are double tough.

David: Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen are two of the toughest men in the world and perhaps the most dangerous!

Bob: We will see them against two youngsters from Japan… Kawada and Misawa. These guys have the ability to be huge players David.

David: They are going to have something to prove here tonight… fans let’s go to the ring!

Toshiaki Kawada & Mitsuhara Misawa (All-Japan) vs Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody (Free)

{My, oh, my! Brody and Hansen come out to the ring twirling chains and bull ropes. The fans are screaming as they come down the aisle. Kawada and Misawa stand tall as they represent All-Japan. The bell rings and this one quickly turns into a Texas Tornado contest! The referee is trying to get order but as he gets Misawa out of the ring, Hansen and Brody just go to work on Kawada! He does some no selling and comes back at Hansen who then gives him a potato right to the mush! Kawada with some forearms drives Hansen back before getting a tag to Misawa who comes in and Brody is there with a boot right to the face! The referee comes over to back him off but then Hansen comes with a stiff boot and Misawa goes out of the ring to the floor. Kawada joins him as they talk about something and then get back in the ring and this one is on! We have got a pier six brawl but it doesn’t go too long. Kawada gets kicked out of the ring and then Hansen and Brody grab the chain and take turns cracking Misawa! The bell is sounding and it is a DQ! Kawada and Misawa have won this but I don’t know if they will be able to move on! Brody and Hansen are going CRAZY! David and Bob apologize to the fans as we cut to commercial!}

misawakawada.jpg

*COMMERCIAL*

hqdefault.jpg

{We return to MACW as we see a vignette from Dr. D Dave Schultz. This time Schultz is in a bar drinking a beer. He then is shown playing pool. We see a guy bump into him while he shoots and then doesn’t apologize. The guy then throws a beer in Dr. D’s face! Dr. D snaps and throws some huge rights and lefts and then back drops another guy on the pool table! Dr. D then looks around as the other patrons back off. Dr. D breaks the pool cue on his knee and walks out the door! DR. D WILL BE HERE NEXT WEEK!}

The Tonga Kid vs Billy Zane

{Another fun showcase for the Tonga Kid who is on a nice hot streak here in MACW. David and Bob put over his wins at the house shows and say there are big things in store for him. He wins this one with a big Flying Cross Body for the 1…2…3! Bob and David then put over the two teams that received byes in the tournament as we have pre-recorded comments from them in regards to the tournament!}

Gene_Lars_Anderson.jpg

Gene Anderson: Long has the Anderson name been synonymous with greatness and tag team wrestling. I know exactly what those tag team titles feel like and I want that feeling back. That’s why the Minnesota Wrecking Crew is back in the NWA and back in Mid Atlantic… we want the tag team titles.

Lars Anderson: We know that it is not luck that won is the first round bye… it was our status. The name Anderson means something important… it is something that gets someone far in life, especially in wrestling. Soon, the world will remember exactly why the Andersons are the best.

0denniscondryrandyrosemidnightx_zpsee72b

Randy Rose: When it comes to tag team wrestling and the best tag team in the world, look no further than the Midnight Express. Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling and the National Wrestling Alliance invited only the best… well the best is here.

Dennis Condry: Without a doubt brother. You see all over the world they are talking about this big tournament. What better way for us to get those belts than by getting that first round bye… then… haha… then we go on to do some big things.

Randy Rose: Now we know what it means to be world champions…w e will do whatever it takes and stop at nothing.

Dennis: There is no one better to bet on than the Midnight Express… you can take that to the bank!

*COMMERCIAL*

Bob: Well David, we have heard from some of the other competitors for the NWA tag team titles… I must say, with those byes, these guys will have some fresh bodies going into this second round.

David: Especially after our first two matches. Heck, those guys barely made it out alive!

Bob: Fans we want to remind you that this Saturday from Greensboro, you will see two more tag team title tournament contests when Joe Lightfoot and Bob Bradley take on the Vachons. Also on that card, we will see Tommy Rogers and Hector Guerrero take on El Gran Apollo and Jose Lothario!

David: I am really looking forward to that matchup. I think Rogers and Guerrero will have their work cut out for them.

Bob: Well the team of Kawada and Misawa are going to be here next week, and they will be facing the winners of this next contest. More tag team action, let’s head to the ring!

Barry Darsow & Brad Rhenigans (JCP) vs The Russians (JCP)

{Another interesting contest with these four rough and tough individuals. Markoff and Volkoff are really working well as a unit as David and Bob put over their recent success. Rhenigans and Darsow are slowly coming together but when the time comes for a big tag, Rhenigans goes for Darsow who then turns his back! Darsow turns his back on Rhenigans who can’t believe it! Nikolai Volkoff runs in and nails a big knee right to Rhenigan’s skull! Rhenigans is slow to his feet and then Nikolai with a RUSSIAN SICKLE! 1….2…3! The Russians are moving on! They celebrate in the ring while Darsow watches on. The arena is filled with boos! David and Bob cannot believe this!}

559098_308783745913771_1752146924_n.jpg?nikolai-volkoff-hall-of-fame.png

*COMMERCIAL*

The Fabulous Freebirds (JCP) vs the Invaders (WWC)

{Our final first round contest comes with one of the most popular teams in wrestling right now as the Freebirds take on the Invaders. These two Invaders know what they are doing and Hayes and Roberts appear to be outmatched. Gordy is outside the ring cheering them on as is the crowd and then Hayes comes with some huge rights and lefts and then moonwalks for another snap left hand that sends Invader #1 back! #3 comes in the ring and works over Hayes but he makes a tag to Roberts who is firing on all cylinders! The fans are really going wild here as #1 comes back in and he and #3 are doubling up on Roberts. They go for a huge double clothesline but Roberts ducks and here comes Hayes with a tackle and #3 goes out of the ring to the floor. Roberts then ducks around for a school boy and the 1…2…3! The Freebirds have won it! The crowd explodes as the Freebirds join David and Bob…}

hqdefault.jpg

Bob: Welcome in here gentlemen… I dare say that tag team gold is in your sights!

Michael Hayes: Lemme tell you something Bob Caudle…that gold is in our sights… we are on a gold hunt if you will! It started tonight and next week, we will be here LIVE and in LIVING COLOR bringing down the house all the way to Badstreet! My big, bad, brother Terry Gordy is the Television Champion right now, and there ain’t a man alive who is going to take that gold is there brother?

Terry Gordy: That’s right Michael. You see, all over the world people are talking about the Freebirds, they are talking about this TV title and those Tag Team Titles. They know when it is all said and done, the Freebirds are going to have the titles and if someone gets in our way… it is going to be a bad day for them!

David: Well gentlemen, next week you will be facing either the Vachons or Lightfoot and Bradley…

Buddy Roberts: It doesn’t matter who wins that match David Crockett. In one week, we will be right here doing the exact same thing we’ve been doing all along!

Michael Hayes: The thing about it is this David… there is one, two, or three men that can go in that ring with the Freebirds.

{The crowd then pops when none other than Ric Flair walks out!}

Bob: Wait just a second… Ric Flair…

hqdefault.jpg

Ric Flair: Hold it there Bob. I am not out here to ruffle any feathers… I wanted to come out… to my hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina… and say WOOOOO! Bob Caudle… David Crockett… I am out here to lay it on the line… On the 23rd of July…we will be right back here in the Coliseum… and Iron Sheik… I know you are out there pal… We are going to be LIVE. A Steel Cage surrounding the ring… my hometown fans are going to be there going WILD! Now Michael, Terry, Buddy, haha… we have been on the road for a while and I know you will be right there watching it all go down…

Michael Hayes: Ric… you and I went to the limit the other night in Charleston… that cemented it… you ever need some back up… you just call down to Badstreet and the Freebirds will be there…

{We then hear a huge ruckus as stuff comes flying into the set. IT IS THE IRON SHEIK! He is being held back by officials as he is yelling at Flair who is yelling back! They will be back in Charlotte on the 23rd inside the STEEL CAGE! GET PUMPED!}

I don't think I want to be a babyface team winning a tournament match in JCP. Seems like it would be better to get pinned and let that be the end of it. :) I thought Will mentioned breaking up Brody & Hansen somewhere. I like the tag tournament so far, I think it's a good idea to have the babyface teams that aren't going to make the finals get the shit kicked out of them after a screwjob ending. Makes for a good reason the fans should still see them as heroes when they give a big effort but come up short eventually. Also, I'm not sure whether to hate the Russians or Barry Darsow. My expectation is that Wade Smeltzer will call him a PINKO COMMY!

Mr. Joe Blanchard is quite upset that he offered El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario for this tournament, had his offer accepted, and then was slapped in the face by having Apollo & Jose Lothario left at the airport and not used in the tournament.

Saturday July 16th 1983

MACW live from The Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina

The Tonga Kid defeated Rudy Diamond

Barry Darsow & Brad Rhenigans went to a double DQ

The Russians defeated Tiger Williams & Ben Alexander

Dr. D Dave Schultz defeated Steve Estes

NWA TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT

The Vachons defeated Joe Lightfoot & Bob Bradley

- A pretty one sided affair with the Vachon's controlling the contest from the outset.

NWA TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT

Tommy Rogers & Hector Guerrero defeated El Gran Apollo & Jose Lothario

- A very fun back and forth contest. Apollo and Lothario really kept a breakneck pace and made Rogers and Guerrero step up their game. It was Hector Guerrero who made the flash pinfall to the surprise of the crowd. There was a lot of respect after the contest from the wrestlers and the crowd.

Ric Flair defeated The Iron Sheik in a submission match!

MAIN EVENT

Terry Gordy wins a Bunkhouse Battle Royal after last eliminating Nikolai Volkoff

Sunday July 17th 1983

MACW live from Memorial Auditorium in Greenville, South Carolina

The Tonga Kid defeated Bill White

Tommy Rogers & Hector Guerrero defeated Bob Bradley & Doug Vines

Barry Darsow defeated Joe Lightfoot

Dr. D Dave Schultz defeated Chris Markoff

Nikolai Volkoff defeated Brad Rhenigans

MAIN EVENT

BADSTREET MATCH

The Freebirds defeated The Iron Sheik & The Vachons

Monday July 18th 1983

MACW live from Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina

The Tonga Kid defeated Tony Zane

Hector Guerrero & Tommy Rogers defeated Ben Alexander & Tiger Williams

A special Piper’s Pit with Ric Flair! They discuss MACW and Flair’s need to get the World Title back! Out of nowhere, Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen make their way down to the ring and start to bully Flair before Piper steps in and says that if it is a fight they want, it is a fight they will get!

Toshiaki Kawada & Mitsuhara Misawa defeated Steve Estes & Bill White

The Iron Sheik defeated Doug Vines

Brad Rhenigans defeated Barry Darsow via Count Out

The Russians defeated Joe Lightfoot, & Bob Bradley

Dr. D Dave Schultz defeated Butcher Vachon

TEXAS DEATH MATCH

The American Dream Dusty Rhodes defeated Mad Dog Vachon

MAIN EVENT

TEXAS TORNADO TAG TEAM MATCH

Ric Flair & Rowdy Roddy Piper defeated Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody

Tuesday July 19th 1983

MACW Live from the Township Auditorium in Columbia, South Carolina

The Tonga Kid defeated Doug Vines

Toshiaki Kawada & Mitsuhara Misawa defeated Ben Alexander & Bob Bradley

The Iron Sheik defeated Steve Estes

Tommy Rogers & Hector Guerrero defeated Tony Zane & Bill White

The Russians (Volkoff & Darsow) defeated Brad Rhenigans & Joe Lightfoot

Dr. D Dave Schultz defeated Chris Markoff

The Freebirds defeated The Vachons

NWATV.png

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Terry Gordy © defeated Stan Hansen via DQ

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair & Bruiser Brody went to a 60-minute draw

Thursday July 21st 1983

MACW Television Taping from The Civic Center in Ashville, North Carolina

NWA World Tag Team Tournament action with 3 quarterfinal contests!

Tommy Rogers & Hector Guerrero (JCP) vs The Midnight Express (IWAM)

The Fabulous Freebirds (JCP) vs The Vachons (JCP)

Toshiaki Kawada & Mitsuhara Misawa (All-Japan) vs The Russians (JCP)

Plus in singles competition...

Bob Bradley vs Barry Darsow

Dr. D Dave Schultz vs Rudy Diamond

Don't miss...

The Iron Sheik, Terry Gordy, and Ric Flair will be in attendance!

- I know that this is a day early, but rather than post it late, here is the line up for the television taping that will be happening tomorrow, Thursday the 21st of July to be aired on Saturday the 23rd. Also be sure to check out a huge live show from Charlotte on the 23rd with some of the most exciting action in the world of professional wrestling!

1xWCz6Y.png