Pro Wrestling Only

Undertaker and Sting to work Summerslam

Strummer

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really think Cena is going to miss the 2nd biggest PPV of the year over a broken nose? Please.

A destroyed nose. There are different levels of breaks, and this one was about as bad as it can be and still have the nose attached. He couldn't breathe through it, had surgery on it the very next day. Four weeks is a really small recovery window for nasal surgery, sometimes it takes as long as twelve weeks. So yeah, he might be forced to sit this one out. Especially since this isn't some muscle tear that the company can try to sweep under the rug, it's his face that got tremendously fucked up and they can't possibly hide it from the casual fans or the mainstream media. They might be willing to slap on a protective mask and have him just take the risk, but everyone involved would know that the risk is not insubstantial in a case like this.

Not that I think he will miss out on Summerslam but it's not even like Cena vs Rollins was a real hot program to begin with. It started only like two or three weeks ago haphazardly with it being transparent that they were only going tp have the match because there wasn't anyone else in the back with the momentum to get involved in the title match and the only two logical opponents were being tied up in other matches/programs (Brock vs Taker and Reigns in the tag team Shield vs Wyatts). If the guy really needed to take time off, now was as good a time as any to go.

He worked out with HHH a few times the son of a bitch can NEVER EVER be forgiven for that!

My issue with Sheamus is less who his workout pals are and more his inability to keep from hurting people he's matched with.

Like? I know he allegedly hurt Bryan, but who else?

Jamie Noble.

What were the situations and contexts of those injuries, how exactly did they happen? These things aren't always as cut-and-dried as everyone tends to think. Like, plenty of people will still say it was Kennedy's fault for tearing Cena's pectoral, despite the fact that a simple viewing of the tape proves otherwise.

Also, it's funny how some guys get painted with that label of "dangerous to work with" and others don't. I haven't seen a single person getting angry with Rollins, despite him literally caving in the face of the company's top draw, on live TV, during the run-up to a big PPV match.

Nor has Rollins taken any blame for declining ratings. Nor do I hear much about his merchandise sales, positive or negative. Those things only matter when they want them to matter.

Who is the they in this statement? Because I also see a whole lot of people on message boards defending Rollins and his title reign and doing anything they can to say that the ratings decline has nothing to do with him.

Nor has Rollins taken any blame for declining ratings. Nor do I hear much about his merchandise sales, positive or negative. Those things only matter when they want them to matter.

Not defending Rollins or the company here, but isn't this just the same type of office politics and games that occur at many companies? Management has favorites and will find ways t justify / protect those decisions. Tougher in sports but it happens there too.

Yes, it happens in other lines of work and people bitch about it there, so we should do so here too. :)

goc, "they" meaning WWE. If Cesaro or Daniel Bryan was the champion right now, they'd be taking blame for the decline and would be dropping the title soon.

I realize I'm on kind of an ideological tear today. Just especially annoyed with WWE being WWE.

Christian too, right?

I think that it was actually Del Rio. It was in a fatal four-way with them, Sheamus and Ziggler, and there's a spot where Alberto kicks Christian in the back of the head to break up a pin and Christian is just OUT after it until the scheduled finish which was him winning, and that was his last match (he was supposed to face Big E. for the IC title the night after). It's a ridiculously violent kick.

https://youtu.be/cMmp2anCmC8?t=1m30s