Pro Wrestling Only

Who Will You Be the High Vote On?

JRGoldman

A couple of the Zenjo girls, most likely. Perhaps not Hokuto or Aja, probably not Chigusa, but maybe Toyota and Kyoko (though I know Dan's a fairly big fan of her early-90s work).

I've got Kawada, Kobashi and Misawa as #1-3 though I can see each having #1 votes.

I've said in his thread I've no issues watching Benoit and love his work so there's a solid possibility there. And whilst I can pick apart the work and it's not as though I disagree with the criticisms, I'll still have Dynamite higher than most and his ballot-% will be way down.

I also think Volk Han is astounding on so many levels to not finish high, ditto Tamura in a slightly different way, though with the latter's thread having some interest recently I can't be sure.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Bull will be, along with Chigusa, the one who's risen the most since 2006, absolutely. At that point I'd only seen a handful of AJW Classics and hardly any 90-mid'92. But I don't think you can make the #1 argument for her mostly due to timing. You really have to see the full shows during her title run to realise how great she was and, unless someone is an avowed joshi fan, it's not gonna be the highest priority (especially with most of the hidden gems being on the Yearbooks).

Jaguar is a true before-and-after figure, Chigusa was sensational and the best female babyface worker ever (and a very strong candidate for best babyface outright), and obviously Hokuto had that unreal run. I can't look past them as the top three, they're about as unshakeable as the AJ3 being my overall 1-3.

Side question -- who will be your highest female worker and how high? I imagine it'll be Bull for me and can't imagine lower than top third, but haven't yet wrapped my head around how to rank them.

Bull and Hokuto will be high for me, top 25 maybe?

I'm still going through both 80's and 90's joshi so not sure. From the limited viewing Aja Kong, Dynamite Kansai, Manami Toyoto, Kyoko Inoue, Jaguar Yokota all have a great shot of making my list too. Maybe more girls too.

Jaguar is a true before-and-after figure, Chigusa was sensational and the best female babyface worker ever (and a very strong candidate for best babyface outright), and obviously Hokuto had that unreal run. I can't look past them as the top three, they're about as unshakeable as the AJ3 being my overall 1-3.

Three great choices and the same picks that I'll put at the head of the joshi pack. I'll possibly rate them above the All Japan guys too now I think about it.

People are sleeping on Devil Masami. She didn't have the long break that every other 80's joshi worker has so I'd say she rung up at least a 13-14 year run of being at least a pretty good worker.

I hope anyone thinking of voting for Chigusa because of the Dump feud checkout the post-Dump stuff. The All-Pac title matches Leilani Kai and Tateno, the '86 GP final and '87 title win over Ohmori, and all the stuff with Lioness should definitely move her up people's ballots.

I see myself being conceivably higher on a few of the more modern candidates. My list is far from put together but by merely being on my list, Matt Hardy, Matt Sydal, Christian and Sheamus maybe.

Also, Casas has as good a shot as anyone as being my #1 so there's that.

If I was doing a list I'd absolutely have Sydal on it. And Matt Hardy. I wish Sydal had a better partner than Kofi and a longer tag run so I could squeeze him into my tag team list.

KENTA, Danielson/Bryan, Tanahashi will almost surely be in my Top 10.

Just by taking the temperature in the threads and on the site in general I doubt anyone else will have Tiger Mask & Dynamite Kid top 20 or higher.

Davey Richards could possibly crack my list, and I suspect I'd be the only one to rank him. Same for Gedo, but neither are any sort of lock.

And of course, Satoshi Kojima. Probably won't make most of the lists, and he'll likely be in my upper half.

I might be the lone vote for tons of other random guys like Mike Awesome, Stevie Richards, Kenichiro Arai, Go Shiozaki, Bobby Fish, Eddie Edwards, Terry Taylor, if they end up making it.

W2BTD, I can not wait to see your list. I genuinely mean that cause I expect some real corkers in there that you might not expect from this sorta list.

It'll lean modern and it'll lean Japan, and I suspect it'll have more respect towards 2000's indie guys than WWE guys. Other than that, you'll probably be bored by the meat of it, because it'll be the same boring names like Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, Muto, Hart, Michaels, Flair, Funk, #BigMike, and the rest of the pillars of this business.

KENTA, Danielson/Bryan, Tanahashi will almost surely be in my Top 10.

Just by taking the temperature in the threads and on the site in general I doubt anyone else will have Tiger Mask & Dynamite Kid top 20 or higher.

Davey Richards could possibly crack my list, and I suspect I'd be the only one to rank him. Same for Gedo, but neither are any sort of lock.

And of course, Satoshi Kojima. Probably won't make most of the lists, and he'll likely be in my upper half.

I might be the lone vote for tons of other random guys like Mike Awesome, Stevie Richards, Kenichiro Arai, Go Shiozaki, Bobby Fish, Eddie Edwards, Terry Taylor, if they end up making it.

KENICHIRO ARAI! Can we please get him a nomination thread?

You have to turn in a ballot, Lanza.