Pro Wrestling Only

Who Will You Be the High Vote On?

JRGoldman

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Probably Yoji Anjoh. I haven't seen much discussion or mention of him and just about everytime I watch one of his matches I'm surprised by how consistently great he is. His career wasn't that long before he left wrestling in the late 90s, but he was having great matches for at least 8 years with some really good showings before that. I definitely need to check out his 2000s works from when he returned to wrestling to see how that stacks up.

• 1 month later...

My natural reaction, as someone that started watching WCW in 1997, is Flaif #1 and I have him sitting there still even though I haven't watched him much after my 2002-2006 Flair matches marathon from a few months ago.

Flair-Brock RAW - *** wished this could have been 20 minutes longer, on PPV, in 2003 with Brock as face OR heel in his prime(03 is Brock's prime to me) and you have a GOAT match contender.

Flair-Guerrero KOTR 02 - ***1/2 just a great little midcard match with Flair in great shape and Eddie in his 2nd best year

Flair-Triple H RAW 09.??.02 ***1/4(better than the 03 version I think) - yeah 2002 Triple H is nothing compared to 2000/2001 Trips but 2002-2006 H is either great or blows. This match is sneaky great

Flair-Triple H Cage @ Taboo Tuesday 05 ****1/4

&

Flair-Triple H LMS @ Survivor Series 05 ****1/2 - hadn't seen this, holy shit it was awesome. Flair is in his ultimate "Final WWE run, sympathetic old man babyface" mode here.

And Triple H reverts back to the 2000/2001 violent/dastardly "Cerebral Assasin" mode that he only brought out for the Shawn hardcore match @ Summerslam 2002 and the Armageddon 2002 hardcore match. On the other hand you have HHH "ace heel" of 2002-2005 or "NWA ace heel" with Purple or blue tights and boots (or bicycle shorts!) which sucked ass and is the problem with his career. Like the Nash PPV matches(purple) or the Casket match with Kane.

But about the match H stabs Flair with a screwdriver and smashes his head with a chair 20x and gives him several Pedigrees and basically makes Flair look awesome.

ANYWAYS basically I have reasons why I have Ric Flair #1 for now

I got high vote on [ Brock Lesnar ] at #4

I got high vote on [ Chris Benoit] at #5

I got high vote on [ AJ Styles ] at #9

I got [ Jun Akiyama ] at #12 I suspect a few have him higher, but I have [ Toshiaki Kawada ] at #14 below Jun.

I got [ Undertaker ] at #13, got to be the highest. Having him above Kawada seems strange.

I have [ Kurt Angle ] at #16, one spot behind [ John Cena ] at #15....

Does anyone have [ Vader ] higher than #10?

I'm still not convinced on what to do with Satanico vs Casas.

Casas is higher for me based on him being great since I started watching lucha 10 years ago and anything older I watch he is still great. Like top 5 in the world great.

Satanico is great in everything I have seen of his, but that is just going back and watching things.

The tag ballot is only 25 teams to begin with so you're definitely not going to have the highest ranking on them if you only put them at #25 because I definitely plan on ranking them and they might get above my last spot on the ballot. I've seen way too many legitimately good matches from them to buy into this narrative that they "sucked"