Pro Wrestling Only

[1987-01-17-AWA] Buddy Rose & Doug Somers vs Midnight Rockers (Cage)

Superstar Sleeze

Rockers vs Buddy Rose & Doug Somers – Las Vegas Cage Match

LIVING AFTER MIDNIGHT!!!!! The Almighty Judas Priest! This cements the Rockers as my favorite tag team of all time.

Rose & Somers are absolutely terrified about the shitkicking they received in the last cage match so they do all they can to avoid it early. They try to prevent them from getting in the cage and then try to climb over the cage. We get some quality Buddy Moonage and he crotches himself. It is another asskicking for Rose & Somers. Poor Buddy & Doug! There are no armdrags and no armbars. Just fists to the head, BABY! Somers tries to tag Buddy and he wants none of it. Cant say I blame him. I did not feel like the energy was at the same level as the previous match. Rose hits a quick low blow and catapult into the cage to turn the tide. Michaels bleeds like a madam. Somers gnawing. Michaels is his usual awesome self at selling. He is peppering in those hope spots while doing staggered selling. Quick low blow. Jannetty tries to saves to the match double noggin knocker. Big punch knocks down Rose and pulls him up. He slams Rose into cage repeatedly and he is bleeding! Big punch and Rose falls back and he pulls him up. Jannetty rakes Rose’s face right in front of the Sherri who sells the horror of watching her charge be brutalized perfectly. Jannetty lets him tag out to Somers. Somers wins the corner battle. Somers and Rose double team Jannetty and gnaw on his forehead and rake it busting him open. Big Marty Chants! Michaels almost like he is sleepwalking comes across and attacks Rose slamming back of head into cage and biting. Jannetty and Somers duke it out tag out to Michaels. He launches an offensive on Somers and tees off on Buddy. Elbow drop on Somers, but pulls up. Shawn is so fucking out of it. Somers tags out. Michaels stops Buddy and tags out. Marty and Buddy fight on top of the cage in dramatic fashion. Buddy falls off and crotches, crazy! Battering ram on Somers looks to be the finish. Michaels pins and Marty dropkicks Buddy. HUGE POP!

Awesome match! I don’t think it was quite at the level of the Brawl in St. Paul, but this was a great cage match. For fans that like heat segments, I can see why they like this one more as Buddy & Doug get some more love in this one. I really liked the Buddy getting his head raked in the cage in front of Sherri spot. Another classic from these four! ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1987-01-17-AWA] Buddy Rose & Doug Somers vs Midnight Rockers (Cage)