Pro Wrestling Only

[1985-08-12-CWA-Mid-South Coliseum] Jerry Lawler & Austin Idol vs Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy) (Badstreet Rules)

Superstar Sleeze

Jerry Lawler & Austin Idol vs Fabulous Freebirds - Memphis 8/12/82 Badstreet Match

It is Badstreet vs Beal Street! Hotlanta vs Mempho! It is cookin'!

Lawler looks pretty badass in a leather jacket and badass is not a word I would use to describe Lawler too often. Michael Hayes is just a cool muthafucka. The strut and moonwalk on the apron was so bitchin. Great wild start with chairs and fists flying. Everybody knows they want to see weapons and they leave the wrestling at home. The Birds use belts (choking and whipping) and boots to gain an advantage, but each time the faces turn it around against them. The fists were flying between Gordy and Lawler. Lawler piledrives the fuck out of Hayes. Gordy comes in and piledrives the fuck out of Lawler. It is lawlessness on Badtsreet USA! Freebird miscommunication brings in Idol who romps and stomps with Hayes getting him tied up. HERE COME THE SCISSORS!!! OH SHIT! I will admit marked the fuck out for that. Hayes sells this perfectly. The money that would be made on Hayes Hair vs.Hair matches would be insane! Gordy saves and now Hayes has the shears. Idol, who is a Universal Heartthrob, definitely prides himself on his hair. Lawler grabs a cane and starts knocking people around and together with Idol drill Gordy. They chase the Birds to the back. Really fun brawl, but I can't stand a Street Fight without a finish. I hope when I get to Badstreet matches against the Von Erichs they are even better. That's what was missing from the '83 chapter of the war was a Katie Bar The Door Pier-Six Brawl! ****

• GSR changed the title to [1985-08-12-CWA-Mid-South Coliseum] Jerry Lawler & Austin Idol vs Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy) (Badstreet Rules)