Pro Wrestling Only

[1985-10-12-WWF-Boston, MA] Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bundy

soup23

This was worked with a fast pace to start. The crowd pelts garbage at Bundy and Hennan before he leaves the ringside area. Hogan is in his all white attire. I liked the fact that Hogan was working with a sprint style offense and mixing things up with headbutts and a nice running elbow drop that he does from time to time. He goes for the slam on Bundy, but Bundy is able to punch him in the ribcage and take over. Bundy's offense on top is fairly short but not much was going on with a chinlock. Jesse does his best to get this over on commentary with Bundy putting his whole body weight on Hogan which does make sense. Still, it was uninspiring stuff. Then we get the finish which is typical Hulk of him Hulking out of the Avalanche and splash, powerslaming Bundy for the 1-2-3. They do give Bundy a bit of an out with him kicking out right at the three and on the replay, Jesse swears his shoulder was up, but this still looked like Hogan steamrolling through another competitor that had been built up big time up to this point and someone they would program Hogan with for the biggest show of the upcoming year. **

• 6 months later...

I was trying to find something quick and fun to watch and then this popped up. I never followed Hogan closely until his run around 87, so it was really cool to see Hogan working this match like a sprint as Chad says. The headbutts and overall tempo isn't something Im used to with seeing Hogan, so it was quite refreshing. With that said, Soup is right when he says Hogan really steam rolled through Bundy in this match, as Bundy hardly got any offense in and was beaten in about ten minutes. Jesse was great on commentary and they did try to cover with him kicking out right at 3, but the damage was done. After this defeat they had to build Bundy back up again for the main event, so a less decisive victory for Hogan probably would have been better than what we got. Nonetheless it was really fun to see Hogan working so fast and makes me want to watch more pre Wrestlemania 3 stuff by him

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1985-10-12-WWF Boston on NESN] Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bundy
  • GSR changed the title to [1985-10-12-WWF-Boston, MA] Hulk Hogan vs King Kong Bundy