Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand-Data Base

shoe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There are a bunch of cool match ups from the first two nights. I've never seen a full card for the third.

I'm not convinced he filmed on night 3, to be honest. Part of the pull was that this, unlike most things in Houston, wouldn't be on TV. On the other hand, could he really not have filmed so important a night for his career as a promoter just for his own sake?

• 2 months later...

It's true. The site is done.

NATIONAL WRESTLING ALLIANCE OWNERSHIP UPDATES

By Mike Johnson on 2017-09-24 15:53:00

The National Wrestling Alliance era under Billy Corgan's ownership will officially kick off on 10/1.

All of the member promotions who had licenses to use the NWA initials and branding under the company's Bruce Tharpe ownership will end the day before. Going forward as of 10/1, the NWA will be whatever it is deemed to be under Corgan and Dave Lagana's leadership.

As part of that transition, the NWA On Demand streaming service will be shutting down. This a by-product of Corgan's purchasing Tharpe's interest in the Paul Boesch Houston territory library. The ownership of the library still remains with the Boesch family but Corgan will have the ability to control the library going forward.

Well, a new youtube page for NWA Wrestling just started and in the comments section someone asked about classic NWA matches being uploaded with the current stuff and they replied "This is the channel you'll find content moving forward".

Listening to Dave Lagana this week, he has clearly said they don't want anything behind a paywall because they want to build an audience first. He said Corgan would rather have 300,000 fans getting content for free than 4,000 fans behind a paywall and so it wouldn't surprise me if old matches start showing up on youtube. Keep a look out.

Considering what you just said, they would have little logical need to post anything that hadn't already been converted and already posted for years if ever. Plus never the real bottom of the card stuff. While we're interested in that, it might damage the "brand."

Yeah, I can picture the marquee Harley Race defenses against Andre and Terry Funk being uploaded, along with some of the more famous "Mid South" matches but I'm doubtful we'll get the next unearthed Bockwinkel classic anytime soon.

Prove me wrong, Lasagna!

And again, that's still a main event match, not an interesting seven minute Nick Kozak vs foreign heel undercard match. But it is not like you can really blame them.

• Loss unpinned this topic