Pro Wrestling Only

JvK's Six-Factor Model for GWE rankings [BIGLAV]

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, I never thought Brody was worthy of the deep-dive.

And that is probably down to the fact that I really do value the fact that it wasn't easy to be the NWA champion and usually it took a special talent. Don't forget that the NWA champ needed the majority of promoters to vote for him, it wasn't like one booker sticking the belt on someone. And so that takes a guy who can go into any town and work with any opponent. There's no way you ever get someone who can't work as NWA champ for that reason. And that's why Dory got a deep-dive treatment whereas someone like Brody didn't.

Like canon isn't some nappy-headed thing. There's a reason why Dory is listed in so many places as one of the all-time greats and Tor Kamata or The Barbarian aren't. If you reject that entirely, you are basically rejecting the views of the rest of humanity, everyone who came before you. I've never been that arrogant to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost through the two podcasts where you go down your list and after hearing your list and hearing you talk about it, I came away much more impressed with how this worked than I thought I might. I think everyone probably tries to implement some sort of system of watching, thinking, vetting ideas, or whatever to check their own biases and favorites against something that resonates more broadly While I am not sure I would use it myself, this system seemed to really accomplish that. The idea of numbers being used for this always gave me the willies and I always thought of it as a way of more or less quantifying ones own opinions, but I gotta tip my hat to it.

Like canon isn't some nappy-headed thing.

imus.png

Say what, now?

​Nappy means diaper to British people, Parv definitely didn't mean anything racial and possibly doesn't even know nappy headed could mean anything racial.

Whoa you're just digging the hole deeper diaper-head? seems dangerously close to towel-head

Was just chatting on Twitter with some of the British dudes, and it occurred to me after someone pointed it out that the little parody of academic conventions I was doing with the acronym probably went missing.

See, in the British parlance, a toilet or "rest room" for some of you polite Americans, is also known as a lavatory. So BIGLAV was a little joke see. Admittedly not a terribly funny one, but it didn't occur to me until today that some people might not see or get it. I lose track of which words are and are not used in the US. Apologies also if you did get the joke and just thought it was so lame it didn't bear commenting on.

Was just chatting on Twitter with some of the British dudes, and it occurred to me after someone pointed it out that the little parody of academic conventions I was doing with the acronym probably went missing.

See, in the British parlance, a toilet or "rest room" for some of you polite Americans, is also known as a lavatory. So BIGLAV was a little joke see. Admittedly not a terribly funny one, but it didn't occur to me until today that some people might not see or get it. I lose track of which words are and are not used in the US. Apologies also if you did get the joke and just thought it was so lame it didn't bear commenting on.

I thought it was a play on the words big love.