Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

Where did the concern about Balor not holding up under the physical toll come from? He doesn't have any injury history I'm aware of that would raise any red flags, is it just a case of WWE looking at him and thinking "well the last guy his size we gave a push to broke down, so he probably will too"?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Artist Formerly Known as La Sombra made his debut on an NXT house show in Tampa and reports seem to agree he was pretty good. It's funny how he's been kind of forgotten in all the Bullet Club news, when he's probably the one with the longest future ahead of him.

The Artist Formerly Known as La Sombra made his debut on an NXT house show in Tampa and reports seem to agree he was pretty good. It's funny how he's been kind of forgotten in all the Bullet Club news, when he's probably the one with the longest future ahead of him.

Sombra

Busick

Swann

TMDK

Athena

Nikki Storm

All people that are at the PC or supposedly on their way there that have been overlooked during this NJPW exodus

If I can talk about NXT...the women's battle royal was awesome for many reasons.

- Asuka's pre-match promo which made me excited for her killing every woman in the known universe.

- The start of the battle royal with Asuka ready to take on a dozen women at once...if I were them I would have ran.

- The end of the battle royal with Asuka dispatching two jobbers and then HOLY FUCK EVA MARIE. This was so fantastic because I immediately had so many conflicting emotions: anger that they actually had Eva Marie eliminate Asuka from anything. Joy at the thought of Bayley kicking Eva's ass again. And unabashed, unbridled glee at the thought of Asuka murdering Eva and feasting on her insides.

- These guys completely telegraphed this finish by having Asuka bump Eva on the ramp and having Eva powder out, and they followed through with the obvious but then STILL got me by having Carmella swerve the swerve and win. A+ for effort NXT. So now we get Bayley vs Carmella (Fun babyface match? Carmella heel turn? Third party interference? Who knows!) and the mother of all televised ritual sacrifices that will be Asuka vs Eva. And they hold off Bayley vs Asuka for a rainy day.

I love NXT.

I agree with those points about the battle royal. Bayley sort of foreshadowed the eventual winner in her own pre-match promo, but it was subtle enough to not give it away.

Would it be fair to assume that they're probably going to have the Bayley vs. Carmella match at the Royal Rumble weekend tapings, and then build up a real feud with someone else for the Mania weekend show?

I agree with those points about the battle royal. Bayley sort of foreshadowed the eventual winner in her own pre-match promo, but it was subtle enough to not give it away.

Would it be fair to assume that they're probably going to have the Bayley vs. Carmella match at the Royal Rumble weekend tapings, and then build up a real feud with someone else for the Mania weekend show?

Yeah that's definitely just a match to do before the Mania weekend show.

Which is perfectly fine. Have your babyface champ defend the belt against a plurality of challengers, with each match getting some build. Show vulnerability, have the odds stacked sometimes, but Win. Win. Win.

It's not rocket science.

That should be NXT's motto: "Wrestling isn't rocket science after all!"

As a Kana fan I thought it could only be right to check her out in NXT, despite my general disinterest in wrestling these days. It was a decent show that was worth the watch.

Random dribble . .

Had no idea Zayne is back from injury, hope he's holding up well. Joe was shockingly good in the opening segment, Corbin's still a complete dolt but I think he's miscast in all honesty. Drop the silent mysterious crap, he's trailer sleaze. Run with it.

Enzo's hair is fabulous.

Give Danny Burch the gimmick of a West Ham football hoolie and I'd be tuning in every week. Great to see him back, getting in some offence none the less! I'm guessing Ciampa's an indie dude. That top rope slingshot thing he did was terrible. Back end of this match was great, totally stiffing the shit out of each other in there.

Skipped the tag. Scott Dawson's very good but I'm not sure if they should be holding the belts, at least not with that team name and gimmick.

The mini pre-battle royal promo's were a nice touch, if a bit . . . weird. Nice surprise to see Jessie McKay there.

Asuka's promo though. Creepy. As. Fuck. And the highlight of the show. (along with Eva Marie's atrocious/amazing acting in the hilarious Jax segment).

Have they signed Portia Perez yet? Her and Alexa Bliss would be great dastardly heel team. Bliss is probably the future of the Divas division.

The match itself was pretty awful until the fun closing. Emma was clearly the match standout even though it was dumb to babyface her before Asuka kicked her out. Asuka's elimination was handled fairly well, as long as they don't continue to make her look stupid to get heat on Marie.

From the little I've seen it looks like they're doing a good job with Asuka, which is cool. I'm also interested to see what's been happening in mens title picture. I'll have to track down the London show.

Can't say I even noticed the commentary. I suppose that's a . . good thing?

Glad I'm not the only one who sees the potential in Danny Burch. He definitely has an awesome Jason Statham/Vinnie Jones/soccer hooligan vibe to him. I can't wait for him to get a repackage and a push. I hope it's soon.

Eva Marie has a better character than 90% of WWE/NXT. There, I said it. #RedArmy, baby :P :D