Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

Whatever happened to Richie Steamboat? Is he still under a developmental contract?

I'm under the impression he's done as far as being an active wrestler, but he;s still under a contract of some sorts, If rumors are to be believed, he was hurt in training due to someone's (DeMott?) fuck up and he's still being paid by WWE so he doesn't sue anyone.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Eva could work, she never would have got the heat that she has.

this is precisely the point i tried to make when i talked about this a little while back

we've reached the point where you can push people specifically *because* they're bad at their job, since that's one of the only ways to make fans genuinely hate you anymore

It's a weird time where they have a bunch of new guys coming in, but you don't know who is going to NXT or the main roster. They also have several main roster ready acts already in NXT. This feels like the calm before the storm there has to be some big things happening at the next tv taping.

When he was under contract, I always imagined a Danny Burch/Wade Barratt tag team of yobbo Brits would be a lot of fun. Fun match, first time they've let Burch get a little offence in on his squashes. Strange to see a match between two non-contracted guys on WWE programming.

I've not seen any of Stone's UK stuff, but I remember him being tremendous in an old Chikara 'King of Trios' teaming with Terry Frazier and Sha Samuels doing that exact yobbish, hooligan gimmick.

There's two matches at NXT Dallas(the one listed in the spoiler above and the women's title match) that I'm looking forward to more than anything at Mania, and you could probably add the tag title match to that list as well. Mania has it's work cut out not getting shown up by NXT Mania weekend.

Blake and Murphy vs. American Alpha was everything I could want from a TV match this week. Such a fun eight minute or whatever match. Jason Jordan is a great hot tag and Blake and Murphy have developed into super fun douche heel characters. Total sleeper match that I liked more than anything on Royal Rumble.

Super pumped for that spoilered match as well. Easily my most anticipated match in a long time.

Blake and Murphy vs. American Alpha was everything I could want from a TV match this week. Such a fun eight minute or whatever match. Jason Jordan is a great hot tag and Blake and Murphy have developed into super fun douche heel characters. Total sleeper match that I liked more than anything on Royal Rumble.

Also really enjoyed this, really liked the dynamic of the two teams. BAMF not using any real flashy offense made the Alpha's stuff stand out more. Blake has found the right look with the man bun.

Enjoyed the 3-Way up until the finish. Well laid out for the most part as there never really felt like there was any forced down time for anybody in the match. Thought the finish was bad. I don't know why Joe just didn't try to club Sami from behind then apply the crossface, or why did Corbin tease tapping when he would have looked tougher if they made it look like it took two guys to make him give up.

WM weekend show looks fantastic, but the TV leading up to it looks great too. There's at least one match per show the has a chance to be pretty good.

I'm just repeating what others have said now, but the idea that Takeover's card is now pretty much known (over two months before the show) and looks better than Mania is crazy. It really speaks to their booking that the anticipation is growing and that they're making matches people want to see. Can you imagine how differently people would be talking about the main roster right now if we knew the top four matches for Mania and they all seemed awesome?