Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good show this week, but:

1. Lars Sullivan does nothing for me. I get why WWE would like him, but ehh.

2. Kona Reeves looks like he walked out of a 1970s dive bar wrestling show. His territorial look might be seen as a cool throwback to some, but it's all wrong for him IMO and I hope it's one of the presentation issues that gets ironed out over time, as we've seen in the past with NXT.

3. I zoned out during the main event because the Undisputed Era does nothing for me either outside of Roddy.

Kona Reeves is so bad. Not in the so bad it's good territory but just awful. He was alright when he had the big Chinese guy named Jason being his bodyguard on the NXT Florida live events.

So this weekend, NXT had the Revival on the Texas shows and Tyler Breeze on the Florida shows. I know it's because Black was in Europe with the main roster and all the callups being advertised but I wish they would do more of this. Especially the Florida shows during split crew weekends.

The Gargano-Ciampa saga might go down as one of the best angles of all time. Not only has it occasionally involved others (Almas, Black, Ohno), but the three main players do everything right.
I loved the segment this week, and the highlight for me was Ciampa's almost shocked look when Candice was laid out. He may be a super villain at his point, but this was an accident that he didn't want to happen and it showed. Brilliant!

The Mauro Ranallo doc that aired on Showtime on Friday night was quite good. It was the realest depiction I have seen of someone who is living with the bipolar struggle and was just utterly heartbreaking at times and was extremely illuminating to me since I have never witnessed it firsthand. The movie is called “Bipolar Rock ‘N’ Roller.”

https://youtu.be/CEgJO-zrtyk

Watch his match and then the segment from the last show with Dream, he's over on another level doing things nobody else can do. The crowd is in awe of him. He got a friggen standing ovation mid match after that suplex spot. Sure it's Full Sail, but I think he's got big time crossover appeal. He feels like 2018 more than any other wrestler