Pro Wrestling Only

[1989-10-01-UWF] Akira Maeda vs Shigeo Miyato

GOTNW

I couldn't find match enough match reviews to nominate UWF bubble guy Shigeo Miyato for the GWE project so I'll just create them myself. UWF II is my favourite promotion but also the one I find the hardest to write about because all that's popping up in my mind is how much everything rules. Maeda is a head taller than Miyato so you want him to stiff the shit ouf of Miyato, have the crowd get behind Miyato, maybe have our small boy get a couple of hope spots in and then get his dreams crushed and that's exactly what they did, of course Miyato wasn't going to go down without a fight and fired back at Maeda as much as he could with great looking offence (I mean, pretty much everyone had great looking offence in UWF but still, it needs to be said). Still this was almost and extended squash, Maeda just beat the shit out of him with vicious palm strikes, kicks and knee lifts and even threw in a couple of shoot headbutts that would've made Ishikawa shit himself, Miyato put on an amazing selling performance and got the most out of everything Maeda threw at him.

• GSR changed the title to [1989-10-01-UWF] Akira Maeda vs Shigeo Miyato