Pro Wrestling Only

Biggest Matches Left On The Table

BBscout

Bored at work (and it's only Monday) so here is a hypothetical 1995 FantasticaMania AAA vs. New Japan:

AAA/NJPW 1995 FantasticMania Fantasy Booking (3 Nights at Korakuen Hall)

Night 1

Universo 2000/Mascara Ano 2000/Cien Caras vs. Shinya Hashimoto/Masa Chono/Keiji Mutoh (1 fall)

Riki Choshu vs. Konan (1 fall)

Rey Misterio Jr./El Hijo del Santo/Octagon/Shinjiro Otani/El Samurai vs. Psicosis/Fuerza Guerrera/Koji Kanemoto/Black Tiger (Eddy Guerrero)/Black Cat (2 out of 3 falls)

Juventud Guerrera/Mr. Condor/Jerry Estrada/Heavy Metal vs. Jushin Liger/La Parka/Perro Aguayo Jr./Perro Aguayo (2 out of 3 falls)

Blue Panther/Villano III/Pentagon vs. Wild Pegasus/Lizmark/El Mariachi (Solar) (2 out of 3 falls)

Mascarita Sagrada/Octagoncito vs. Especitro I/Jerrito Estrada (1 fall)

Night 2

Universo 2000/Mascara Ano 2000/Cien Caras/Konan/Perro Aguayo vs. Shinya Hashimoto/Masa Chono/Keiji Mutoh/Riki Choshu/Hiroyoshi Tenzan (1 fall - Winner gets IWGP Title Shot on Night 3 – regardless of team who wins)

Rey Misterio Jr./El Hijo del Santo/Jushin Liger vs. Blue Panther/Fuerza Guerrera/Juventud Guerrera (2 out of 3 falls)

Octagon/La Parka/Lizmark/El Mariachi/Shinjiro Otani/El Samurai vs. Black Tiger (Eddy Guerrero)/Psicosis/Koji Kanemoto/Black Cat/Villano III (2 out of 3 falls)

Wild Pegasus/Mascarita Sagrada/Octagoncito vs. Perro Aguayo Jr./Especitro I/Jerrito Estrada (2 out of 3 falls)

· Perro Jr. does not get along with Rudo minis and wrestlers technico against his opponents

Michinoku Pro Offer Match: Great Sasuke/Shiryu/Sato vs. Super Delfin/Gran Naniwa/ (1 fall)

Special Mexico Battle: Pentagon vs. Gran Hamada (1 fall)

Night 3

IWGP Title: Keiji Mutoh vs. Konan (1 fall)

Dream Match IWGP Junior Title Match: Jushin Liger vs. Rey Misterio Jr. (2 out of 3 falls)

El Hijo del Santo/Octagon/Shinjiro Otani vs. Pentagon/Blue Panther/Fuerza Guerrera (2 out of 3 falls)

Dream Match Inter Promotional: Great Sasuke vs. Juventud Guerrera (2 out of 3 falls)

AAA Minis Title: Mascarita Sagrada vs. Espectrito I (2 out of 3 falls)

Wild Pegasus/Shinya Hashimoto/Limark vs. Perro Aguayo/Perro Aguayo Jr./La Parka (1 fall)

Shiryu/Sato/El Mariachi/Octagoncito vs. Psicosis/Black Tiger (Eddy Guerrero)/El Samurai/Koji Kanemoto (1 fall)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Savage-Steamboat there are a few factors. For one Steamboat was on his way out the door, so why put him over any talent? For two Steamboat has zero experience working heel which means Savage might have to play default heel. Given he's winning the world title and is going to headline cards as a face for the next 10 months, that's not a risk worth taking just to get one quality match.

Tully and Nikita should have happened. Who do you make Nikita's mouthpiece? Blassie makes the most sense, he handled the foreign heels and had Volkoff already. But the thing is.......I'd argue WM was more about seeing Hogan whup on Bobby Heenan than building Bundy to be the next big challenger. I guess Heenan could manage a Russian but something about that seems just off. Not sure why I feel that way.

Tully turning on Flair should have happened of course.

Having watched NJPW vs. UWF recently, Inoki/Maeda and Fujiwara/Fujinami immediately spring to mind. That extended program ruled without them actually pulling the trigger on those match-ups! The latter did face each other in 2001 but I am talking as part of the UWF invasion.

I would have liked to see Tenryu/Maeda at some point too. Choshu/Maeda as well (yes, post-shoot kick). I'm probably coming across as a bigger Maeda fan than I actually am here. What others? Austin/Brock? Perhaps not a 'big match' by any measure beside immense personal interest but I lament never seeing Eddie Guerrero and Bryan Danielson duke it out.

After watching Royal Rumble 1990, i find it sad that we never got face jake roberts vs heel randy savage. Yeah, we got heel jake vs face randy, but the match with the roles reversed would have been good too, given the sample of it we got in the rumble match.

• 5 months later...

They had a Thunder match once too, but yeah, no extended singles program. I think that in 1994, Arn-Dustin rolling over to Flair-Dustin with Dusty and Arn staying heavily involved would have been a great way to placate the WCW diehards who hated Hogan so much.

There were several potential matches Bret could have had in wcw (even if one-offs) that could have been good: Bret vs Jericho (i still cant believe they never had a match), Bret vs Raven, Bret vs Eddie Guerrero, or Bret vs Rey Mysterio jr (or any luchador for that matter, even El Dandy).

Lawler vs. Wayne Farris , family feud . box office

Lawler vs. David Schutlz , Dr. D left and only came back for 2 weeks in 85. Local from right up the road in Jackson , TN.

Lawler vs. Ric Flair , only the one TV match , feud scrapped

Lawler vs. Kevin Von Erich, could have had a great series if Kevin and Jarrett come have come to terms

Lawler vs. Roddy Piper in GCW , feud never got from the ground . I think Piper got fired , not sure.

Lawler and Farris did work a lot of tag matches. However , I can never recall them having a singles match .

Smaller level than all of these but ROH never did a Ki/Joe rematch and that was what a lot of 2004/2005 seemed to be building too. Getting one guy to job and Low Ki being Low Ki would have made it hard but that was a hot feud and for the level would have been great if they actually would have had a big heated match.