Photo

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs Naohiro Hoshikawa (Zero One 01/06/02)

puro japan kikuchi hoshikawa

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1147 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

After a couple of high risk moves that end up outside the ring, they settle into an extended sequence where Kikuchi sits on the mat like Baby Huey. Hashikawa throws kick after kick, which K completely no-sells with a "ho hum bored now" look on his face. It goes from awesome to amusing to when-will-this-end. Then you come back full circle and start to wonder if Hashikawa can actually come up with a strike that will work. Sadly, nothing comes of it. Eventually, Kikuchi gets bored and stands up. He no-sells a few more strikes, and then they move into a plodding your turn-my turn rest of the match.

I found most of this one to be a bit of a snoozer. The out-of-nowhere kimura submission that ends the match is pretty great, though. 

#2 CHVRCHES

CHVRCHES
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

The atmosphere of this match felt like a dream. Hoshikawa's tope into the railing is brutal. Kikuchi is blatantly no-selling everything but the most vicious of strikes. This match is freakin' weird. Is there a story behind this? The Kimura finish at the end ruled, I agree. This match mostly meandered, and the fantastic violence led nowhere, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy whatever the hell this was. Rating: ***

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: puro, japan, kikuchi, hoshikawa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users