Pro Wrestling Only

Rebooking Survivor Series '87-'15

agentofenton

I have been working on a project back around Survivor Series in which I re-booked every Survivor Series. I did not use one original match from any of the cards. Every show is strictly Survivor Series Elimination matches. Each day or so I will introduce a new year. Show the matches, give my thoughts behind why I chose those teams. I thought it would be a fun little project and now I will post my booking to the thread and look forward to any feedback that might come along with it. Thanks for reading.

Team Captain, Brutus Beefcake, Jaquaes Rougeau, Raymond Rougeau, Jim Powers & Paul Roma vs Team Captain, Ron Bass, Ax, Smash, Greg Valentine & Dino Bravo

So basically, this match was full of the mid-card guys that I didn't have places for in the other elimination matches. They said on the original Survivor Series that Beefcake and Bass were rivals, so I made them two the captains for the teams. Their big angle doesn't happen for another 10 months, but this is just a preview of that. Demolition were getting to be more important at this time, but weren't in the main event program just yet, and Valentine and Bravo wouldn't be teaming too long after this show. Beefcakes partners are the Rougeau Brothers, who were getting stale already as mid-card babyfaces, and newly formed tag team of Powers & Roma, the Young Stallions. If I were to book this, Demolition would be the co-survivors.

Team Captain, Don Muraco, Ken Patera, Paul Orndorff, B. Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell vs Team Captain, One Man Gang, Butch Reed, Rick Rude, Boris Zhukov & Nikolai Volkoff

The idea here was to use all of Slick's guys on one team. However, with the 5 on 5, I needed to borrow a guy from Bobby Heenan's camp. We have team Captain One Man Gang, and Butch Reed, they were responsible for putting Superstar Graham out of action. Their stable mates are the Bolshevik's. Bobby Heenan loans us Rick Rude to complete the team of five. The opposition is Don Muraco, moving into the Captain's spot after Graham was put out of action. His partner's are Ken Patera, and the Killer Bees. Along with Paul Orndorff who is here to continue his situation with Rick Rude. The only man I see winning is the One Man Gang, but to keep Rude protected, I will have him setup Orndorff to get eliminated in some cheap way. Leaving the Gang to pin Paul. Rude and OMG are the survivors. This sets up OMG going far into the WM4 tournament in the spring time.

Team Captain, Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat, Tito Santana & Rick Martel vs Team Captain, Honky Tonk Man, Danny Davis, Hercules, Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart

The semi-main event is the IC title division, and the main tag team rivals. It also seconds as Jimmy Hart's guys (plus one Heenan Family member) against their rivals. IC Champion Honky Tonk Man, and his stable mates, the former tag team champions, the Hart Foundation, along with Danny Davis and Heenan guy Hercules. They face off with Team Captain, Randy Savage. His partners include Jake Roberts, Ricky Steamboat and the current tag team champions, Strike Force. Basically, Honky Tonk Man's last three feuds are represented here, with Roberts (WM3), Steamboat (IC title from June) and current rival Randy Savage. Danny Davis is here because he is a Hart guy, and Hercules was the only Heenan guy not really fitting in anywhere else. The Hart Foundation and Strike Force were currently battling over the tag titles. This is a tough one to book, but I think it would go the same way as the original match at the real time show. Honky gets stuck against his three main challengers, and bails at the end to save himself. Winners: Randy Savage, Jake Roberts and Ricky Steamboat.

Team Captain, Hulk Hogan, Bam Bam Bigelow, Jim Duggan, Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid vs Team Captain, Andre The Giant, King Kong Bundy, Harley Race, Haku & Tama

Main Event Time. Random note: damn does Bobby Heenan manage a TON of guys during this era. When I came up with the original idea for re-booking this show. I always thought the main event should have been ALL Bobby Heenan guys to back up Andre. But then it was deciding which guys should be there. I chose Bundy first because he's been a main event guy, has history with Hogan and was being hinted at feuding with Bigelow at some point. I chose Harley Race over Rude because of his history. He's been a Heenan guy longer, was main eventing against Hogan in some markets for the title. His feud with Duggan was also featured, and Hogan/Duggan made more sense as partners then Orndorff and Hogan. Why would Hogan trust Paul AGAIN?! Since each match has a tag team to round out the team, I chose Bobby's new Islander's as my choice. They were beginning a rivalry with the Bulldogs, so that was an easy choice. I would keep very close to the booking of the original show here as well. Keep Andre strong, have Hogan go out on a count-out to protect him. Andre defeats Bam Bam after a hard-fought comeback by Bigelow. Andre is the sole survivor. I wanted to make sure that Andre was the only one to be a sole survivor on the show, to make him seem like the Giant of a man that he is.

That concludes the first installment of this mini-series of re-booking. I know that one complaint might be the lack of a woman's match, but really that was just to set up the Bomb Angels, and that could have taken place on a Primetime Wrestlin leading into this show as sort of a preview to what the Survivor Series would be. Also the big 20-man tag team Survivor Series, but to use my idea and completely re-book the show, I had to lose that tag team match. Please leave any and all feedback you may have.

I enjoyed this card and if you had to split up the tag team match, you picked a good way to do it. I have to wonder if you swap Bigelow and Orndorff... given everything involved I think you could get similar outcomes with both of them in these positions. Good stuff!

Yes, I really think you could have switched out Bigelow and maybe Bundy for Orndorff and Rude. I chose Bigelow because I liked him better as a partner for Hogan than I do Orndorff.

Here is the 2nd Annual Survivor Series (1988). And I should probably put this out there too, this isn't ment to be "better" than the real life shows. I just had an idea to make the shows ALL Survivor Series Matches on EVERY show...and wanted to make every show different than the real time shows. And these are what I would have done, with what was available.

Team Captains, Powers of Pain, Koko B. Ware, Ken Patera & Hillbilly Jim vs Team Captains, Demolition, Dino Bravo, Red Rooster & Mr. Perfect

So once again, the mega tag team Survivor Series match has been scrapped. This allows for some of the lesser known talent from the real-time show to be left off the show. Each team is a little bit stronger in terms of individual talents. Here we don't do the well-known double-turn. I just don't see a scenario where I could make it work and make sense. I know in real-time it didn't make much sense either, but it would really be head scratching here. I have the two tag teams get double-DQ'd to continue their story. Dino Bravo and Mr. Perfect take the win here, as they have a lot more going for them than any of the other babyfaces.

Team Captain, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Blue Blazer, Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty vs Team Captain, Andre The Giant, Rick Rude, King Haku, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

Bobby Heenan's Family is in full force here. We push along a number of feuds as well, Roberts/Rude, Roberts/Andre, Duggan/Andre (it was over by now, but they feuded much of the year), Can start the Duggan/Haku feud here, also the BrainBusters vs Rockers rivalry. Blazer is here because I like him and needed a mid-card guy to round out the team. I like the original finish in real-time with Andre, so I keep it here. Duggan/Roberts vs Andre/Rude in the final four guys, Duggan gets DQ'd after using the 2x4, countering some cheating by the heels. Andre gets pissed, chokes out Roberts, gets DQ'd himself, Rude slips in and gets the three count. After the match, Roberts scares everyone away with Damian.

Team Captain, Ultimate Warrior, Brutus Beefcake, Tito Santana, Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart vs Team Captain, Honky Tonk Man, Ron Bass, Greg Valentine, Jacques Rougueu & Raymond Rougeau

The IC Title picture series along with a tag team feud. Jimmy Hart has 4 of the 5 guys in this match. Honky/Warrior continues here. Beefcake/Bass continues here, but you also have Beefcake/Honky from earlier in the year, Beefcake/Valentine from when they used to be partners that was kinda always teased through the late 80's. Valentine/Santana to reprise that great feud. Rougeau's vs Hart Foundation continues in this one too. Warrior wins, proving himself to be the #2 guy in the WWF.

Team Captains, Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan, Hercules, Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid vs Team Captains, Big Boss Man & Akeem, Ted Dibiase, Bad News Brown & Harley Race

Our main event, the continuation of the Mega Powers vs Twin Towers. We also continue Hercules and Dibiase. I added in Bulldogs because I needed to place them somewhere, and not all the teams can have 5 main eventers on it. Bad News is there, as they were hinting at Bad News vs Savage going into '89. Harley is there as a loan to Dibiase from Heenan. Plus he has history with Hogan from earlier that year. I make Savage the sole survivor of this contest. We can do the whole Towers get DQ'd thing, but when they keep Hogan from entering the ring to help Savage, we have the referee count him out. Hogan causes a distraction at ringside when he gets the key back to unlock himself, letting Savage gain control and win the match for his team. We also still tease tension from Savage when Hogan is celebrating like he won it all by himself. Ventura would go nuts over this. Mega Powers pose to close the show.

Thanks for reading, 1989 tomorrow!

Ladies and gentlemen,

The 3rd Annual (1989) Survivor Series (Re-booked).

Team Captain, Tito Santana, Jimmy Snuka, Ron Garvin, Butch & Luke vs Team Captain, Mr. Perfect, Honky Tonk Man, Greg Valentine, Jacques Rougueau & Raymond Rougeau

Jimmy Hart's quartet teams up with Mr. Perfect (w/ The Genius) take on a team lead by Tito Santana. He leads Jimmy Snuka, Ron Garvin and the Bushwackers. Perfect didn't really have a rivalry at this time, and Santana's rivalry with Martel was on a small downswing after Summerslam, so I paired them against each other here. Then we had that random Honky Tonk Man and Jimmy Snuka thing that never really had a blow-off, so that makes sense a bit. Ron Garvin and Greg Valentine were in a decent feud during this show, and the Bushwackers and Rougeaus were on opposite sides of a team in real time. Mr. Perfect gets the win and is the sole survivor for his team.

Team Captain, Dusty Rhodes, Ax, Smash, Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart vs Team Captain, Big Boss Man, Akeem (replaced by Bad News Brown), Rick Martel, Barbarian & Warlord

One of the pushed feuds at this time was Dusty vs Boss Man, and they were team captains in real time. So I kept that, and just moved in some other team members. So for Boss Man's team we have Akeem (who was eventually replaced by Bad New Brown at he time of the show) because they were the Twin Towers together. Rick Martel was still loosely associated with Slick still. Then we have the Powers of Pain. Dusty brings in Demolition, as they had a house show feud the Towers over the summer and the Hart Foundation, and they were brought in to offset the Powers of Pain. Powers of Pain and Demolition eliminate each other. Bad News walks out to protect his character. Martel fall victim to the Hart Attack, Boss Man eliminates Neidhart, before Dusty gets a flash pin on Boss Man to win the match for his team. I like the post-match beatdown, so we keep it here. Boss Man tosses Bret from the ring, and does a number on Dusty until Bret recovers and chases him off with a chair.

Team Captain, Ultimate Warrior, Red Rooster, Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty vs Team Captain, Andre The Giant, Haku, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (replaced by Bobby Heenan)

Ah, my favorite once again, the Heenan Family. This year they are falling apart a bit, as Tully is fired from the WWF right before this show takes place. So he gets replaced by Bobby Heenan. I add Rude into this team, because I made the teams 5-man teams for this years show. Plus, now I can have the entire family on one team. Their opponent's are the men they are feuding with. Andre was challenging the Warrior for the IC title all around the loops. Piper and Rude was a hot pairing since the summer. Rocker vs BrainBusters was always a fun rivalry you could always come back to. Haku was there because they were preparing him for a team with Andre soon, and he is still a member of the family. So I added in Red Rooster because of his association against Bobby Heenan. I figure the quick elimination of Andre was for a real life reason, so I'm keeping it there. Arn can take out one of the Rockers, and the other will get rid of him. Haku will take out remaining rocker. Rude and Haku will destroy Rooster and let Bobby get the win. Rude/Piper eliminate themselves. Warrior pins Heenan to win the match.

Team Captain, Hulk Hogan, Jim Duggan, Brutus Beefcake, Hercules & Jake Roberts vs Team Captain, Randy Savage, Zeus, Ted Dibiase, Dino Bravo & Earthquake

Let's talk main event. You can still build for the No Holds Barred Steel Cage match for December by involving everyone in that match into this match. So Hogan would bring in his best friend Beefcake, as they are still feuding with Savage and Zeus. At the same time, Savage is having a house show feud with Hacksaw Jim Duggan, so let's add Duggan to the Hogan team. They tease, but never outright say that Dibiase is the financial backer to the Macho Kingdom, so we add him to the team. He was feuding with Jake Roberts, so Jake is added to Hogan's team. Dino Bravo was a upper mid-card guy during this time, so he's added to Savage' team for that reason (also because he was the real-time partner of Savage at this show). Earthquake would round out that team (replacing Barry Windham). Hercules is added to Hogan's team to counter the power of Bravo/Earthquake. As we saw in the real time of this show, WWF goes out of their way to keep Hogan like Superman. But I want to give him a reason to want to get revenge on Savage/Zeus. So it comes down to Hogan/Beefcake vs Savage/Zeus. Sherri interferes, causing Beefcake to get clocked by the purse and one Flying Elbow Drop later, Savage gets the fall on Beefcake. As Hogan comes in to protest the interference. Savage gets the referee out of the way, Sherri tosses something into Hogan's eyes, Savage clocks Hogan with the loaded purse. He nails two elbow drops, gets Zeus into the match and Zeus locks on a bearhug. To which Hogan tries to battle out of, but each time Hogan tries to Hulk Up, Savage climbs the ropes and drops a double axe-handle onto Hogan's back. This happens a few times over a number of minutes. Hogan eventually passes out and the referee calls the match. Savage and Zeus win the match, leaving Hogan laying. Beefcake returns to the ring with a chair and his sheers to chase off the heels. Concern for Hogan's health ends the show....building some heat for the PPV in December.

We are back with the 4th Annual (1990) Re-booked Survivor Series!

Team Captain, Jake Roberts, Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannetty, Shane Douglas & Koko B. Ware vs Team Captain, Rick Martel, Warlord, Paul Roma, Hercules & Boris Zhukov

The feud between Jake Roberts and Rick Martel bring us to them being team captains for their teams. Martel looks to his old manager Slick for help in building his team. He brings Power & Glory and Warlord. He also looks into his past and brings back Boris Zhukov to round out his team of five. Jake brings in the Rockers to battle Power & Glory and Shane Douglas and Koko B Ware to finish off his team. This is the year of the Grand Finale: Match of Survival. Martel's team survives, except Boris Zhukov.

Team Captain, Dusty Rhodes, Texas Tornado, Big Boss Man, Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart vs Team Captain, Ted Dibiase, Mr. Perfect, Haku, Barbarian & Mystery Partner (The Undertaker)

Interesting teams to say the least. So Dusty is feuding with Dibiase. Tornado and Perfect are feuding as well. Boss Man is feuding with the Heenan Family. Rick Rude was the original member of this team, but he left the WWF before the show. Then we introduce the mystery partner, which turns out to be The Undertaker. The WWF Tag Team Champions had nothing really going on, so they get added to this match. Boss Man takes out the Heenan guys (Haku & Barbarian) then loses out to 'Taker. 'Taker also takes out Neidhart, but him and Dusty get counted out together. Perfect takes out Tornado, building to their eventual IC rematch in December. But Bret school boys Perfect to eliminate him. Bret and Ted have a decent battle for 3-4 minutes before Dibiase picks up the win.

Team Captain, Ultimate Warrior, Hawk, Animal, Davey Boy Smith & Jimmy Snuka vs Team Captain, Randy Savage, Ax, Smash, Crush & The Genius

Warrior vs Savage was always a hot rivalry. They were building to their memorable WM7 match, and I never understood why Savage was held off this show. I know Sherri was having some health issues then, but Savage was healthy I believe. So I added him here. He partners with real life brother The Genius and all three members of Demolition. They battle with the LOD, add Davey Boy Smith and Jimmy Snuka. WWF Champion Ultimate Warrior walks away with the win here, but Savage would walk out after Warrior gets the comeback.

Team Captain, Hulk Hogan, Tugboat, Jim Duggan, Tito Santana & Nikolai Volkoff vs Team Captain, Earthquake, Dino Bravo, Honky Tonk Man, Greg Valentine & Sgt. Slaughter

Hogan vs Earthquake. No brainer. Hogan has Tugboat and Duggan, another no brainer. Duggan is teaming with Nikolai so it makes sense to bring him on. Tito is just a fun choice. Earthquake's buddy is Dino Bravo. They are managed by Jimmy Hart, so adding Honky Tonk and Valentine makes sense. Slaughter is feuding with all of America, so having him here against Duggan/Volkoff and building towards his future rivalry against Hogan here makes sense. Hogan will get the duke here, ending his program with Earthquake. Slaughter ends up being the last one eliminated, but it's by DQ when he uses the flag to beatdown Hogan. This leaves a question mark on Hogan being in the finale match.

Hulk Hogan & Ultimate Warrior vs Ted Dibiase, Rick Martel, Warlord, Paul Roma, Hercules

Well, as we all know, Hogan and Warrior win. There's no way Vince is going to let anyone defeat his top star and the WWF Champion in a match. Dibiase walks off at the end instead of Martel. Not sure why Martel was protected over Dibiase, but Dibiase has a title match a couple of nights later, and has a pretty big deal coming up at the Rumble.

The 5th Annual (1991) Survivor Series

This is the first year where I took it down to 4 on 4 teams. The roster just doesn't have enough for 5 on 5 teams.

Team Captain, Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter (Replacing Jim Neidhart), Kerry Von Erich & Greg Valentine vs Team Captain, The Barbarian (Replacing Big Bully Busick), The Bezerker, Beau Beverly & Blake Beverly

OK, the random pairings start early here. I try as best as I can to stay within storylines, so Duggan takes the captains chair here. His team is Sgt. Slaughter (who is replacing a storyline injured Jim Neidhart), Texas Tornado and Greg Valentine. The opponent's are The Beverly Brothers (Who really are the captains, as the feud around this time is Duggan/Slaughter vs Beverly's on TV. Also The Barbarian who is replacing Big Bully Busick who was gone just as fast as he appeared, and the Bezerker. So none of the heels have any momentum here, so Duggan/Slaughter will be the survivor's here.

Team Captain, Legion of Doom (Hawk & Animal), The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty) vs Team Captain, The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Typhoon), The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs & Jerry Saggs)

As we know, the real-time show was a cluster. With injuries and guys leaving the promotion during this time, makes the show a mess. Plus, them booking the secondary This Tuesday in Texas show really made them screw up the matches. I try to keep the tag team match intact, but change up the teams a little bit. The big rivalry centers around the tag team titles, which were held by the Legion of Doom, and their partners are really the only other good babyface team around THe Rockers (who really start their break-up during this show). They battle the number one challengers to the LOD, the Natural Disasters. With Jimmy Hart being the manager, it only makes sense his other tag team of the Nasty Boys would be here. Regular Survivor rules apply, not tag team rules.I need to build the Disasters as real challengers to the LOD, so the Rockers have their miscommunication and get eliminated. LOD takes out the Nasties, but before they can rally to take out the Disasters, both Nasty Boys return to the ring to cause a big distraction, the LOD both get laid out, and eventually both are pinned. The Natural Disasters are the survivor's and have more than enough reason to challenge the champions at the Rumble.

Team Captain, Bret Hart, British Bulldog, Tito Santana & Big Boss Man vs Team Captain, The Mountie, The Warlord, Skinner & IRS

The Intercontinental Title division match is here. The champion, Bret Hart, with brother-in-law British Bulldog, former IC champion Tito Santana, and Big Boss Man take on the team of the number one challenger to the IC title, The Mountie, his partners are Warlord (Always feuding with Bulldog), Skinner (someone to face off with Santana) and IRS who was battling the Boss Man on the TV feud. Bret Hart is the sole survivor, after Mountie miscue's with the shock stick and stabs Jimmy Hart instead, gets rolled up for the loss.

Team Captain, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Virgil & Randy Savage (replacing Sid Justice) vs Team Captain, Ric Flair, Ted Dibiase, Undertaker & Jake Roberts

So the main event. You can still use this match to do all the build for the Tuesday in Texas PPV. TV leading into this show is that Justice is out with the real life injury. Savage has the snake attack on that weekend's TV. They open the show teasing it will be 3 on 4 going into the main event. They open the show with the announcement from Jack Tunney. Savage is in the main event as the fourth man. He also announces that because of the incident on Superstars, he will make the one on one match for Tuesday in Texas, Savage vs Roberts. Tunney lifetime bans all reptiles from the ring area. He also announces that Undertaker will challenge Hogan in his "Gravest Challenge" that night as well, since it is such a big night, they are going to try to get the cable companies to carry the show on PPV. Throughout the night, the announcers talk about the two big matches, especially during this match. They also add Piper vs Flair on that show as a reason to have Flair there when he comes in and causes the cluster finish that will lead to the vacant title and set up the Royal Rumble. This match comes down to Hogan vs 'Taker and Flair. Roberts and Savage gets counted out, as Savage beats up Roberts and takes off after him in the isle. Dibiase eliminates Virgil, Hogan eliminates Dibiase. Flair distracts Piper on the floor, Perfect slips to ringside and holds Pipers feet from under the ring and Piper gets counted out. As Perfect/Flair/Piper have it out on the floor, the referee's both try to break it up, Flair breaks away, Undertaker attacks Hogan, Flair grabs the chair, slips it inside the ring, Undertaker tombstones him on the chair, Flair pulls it away and gets back into the corner. Perfect and Piper are seperated and leave ringside. The referee returns to the ring and counts Hogan down. Flair/Undertaker are the survivor's. As they celebrate, all the top babyfaces return (minus Savage, who's still chasing Roberts) to check on Hogan. The show goes off the air with the officials and wrestlers all worried about Hogan.

A lot in that main event. Using some of the elements from the real-time event to add to the drama and build to This Tuesday in Texas. I guess you could even NOT announce the WWF title match until that weekend's TV, and just announce the Savage/Roberts match and the Piper/Flair first one on one match on PPV for Flair. That would probably generate enough interest to get people to watch the weekend's TV to see what else would be announced. Then you update Hogan, see that he's defending the title against Undertaker and there you got 3 big matches on a 5-match card. I don't know if it any better than the original booking, just another way to get to that point. And then you still get the tease of Savage/Roberts as they fight for a few minutes in the main, instead of not having them on the show (in a match) at all.

Up next: Survivor Series 1992.

Here we go with the 6th Annual Survivor Series (1992) re-booked!

Team Captain, Crush, Tito Santana, Owen Hart & Koko B Ware vs Team Captain, Yokozuna, Rick Martel * The Beverly Brothers

Can we say Squash?! Literally! So, this is Yokozuna's PPV debut. So, we know he's the next mega pushed star. Crush's team will take care of Yoko's partners, Martel even gets intentionally counted out. Then Yoko steps into the ring and starts running through his opponent's. It comes down to Yokozuna vs Crush. Crush will finally start to get some offense in that does some damage. Yokozuna NEVER leaves his feet. Crush starts to make the big comeback, but Yoko pulls out the superkick that wows everyone in attendance. Crush gets put down, and a Bonzai Drop later, and Yokozuna is the Sole Survivor.

Team Captain, Big Boss Man, Virgil, Brian Knobbs & Jerry Saggs vs Team Captain, Nailz, Ted Dibiase, IRS & Repo Man

This match has some heat built into it. We have Nailz and Boss Man's program. I was listening to the Low Blow Booking Podcast (cheap plug) on this very show. And I believe it was mentioned on that show that it would have been an idea to have Dibiase be the money behind getting Nailz out of jail, and attacking Boss Man. You could even talk about how Ted was still upset at Boss Man from losing the Milion Dollar Belt to Jake Roberts which turned Boss Man face. With Dibiase's tag partner, IRS, and their relationship with Repo Man from last year's Survivor Series (and it make sense, right, Ted is the money, the bank, and IRS...they would need a Repo Man on staff.) Boss Man's close friends with Virgil on TV, and his past against Dibiase. The Nasty Boys are trying to get the tag titles away from Money Inc. Lots of interaction here. Somehow, it would come down to Nailz/Boss Man, with Boss Man getting the win, but not convincingly. We would want to continue that on for one more big show (except we know Nailz gets fired right after this).

Team Captain, The Undertaker, Tatanka, Earthquake & Typhoon vs Team Captain, Kamala, Papa Shango, Samu & Fatu

The Undertaker vs Kamala is a big program coming into this show. It might lose something without the Coffin (soon to be Casket) match. We have the debuting (on PPV) Headshrinkers here as well, so they take out the Disaster's first. Tatanka outsmarts them with quick flash pins (school boy, inside cradle). Tatanka finally breaks away from the heel corner to get 'Taker into the ring. Undertaker drops Shango on his head with the tombstone to get rid of him. Then 'Taker chokeslams Kamala to end the match. Just for fun, we place Kamala into the coffin and send him away to return as a face. Tatanka and Undertaker win.

Team Captain, Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Mr. Perfect (replacing Ultimate Warrior), Marty Jannetty (Replacing British Bulldog) vs Team Captain, Ric Flair, Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, Bam Bam Bigelow

The main event is a mess. I still use real-time situations, so Warrior and Bulldog leaving cramps my plans big time. I get lucky with the Perfect replacing Warrior TV storyline in real time, so I use that here. But then I get stuck when Bulldog gets pulled. Because in real time, his match is just cancelled. Well, I can't do that here. So in doing some research to find a replacement, I found that Marty Jannetty's return to TV was prior to this (which I should have remembered, considering Michaels was the IC champion by now), so I add him into this match. I also removed who I had previously put in as a 4th member the Flair team, and brought in Bam Bam Bigelow because he had returned also and I needed a big name to round out this team. Booking this match is ridiculous. There is so much that could happen. So, here we go. Bam Bam gets in the ring with Marty Jannetty. He injures Marty, so Shawn gets himself into the match so he can eliminate his former partner. AS Shawn is taunting the injured Marty, Bret rolls up Michaels and sends him home for the night. Marty and Shawn have to be seperated as they battle up the isle. Savage/Perfect vs Flair/Ramon turns into a fight. All four men get into the ring and slug it out. The referee tosses all 4 men, leaving Bret vs Bigelow. Much like their King of the Ring match, Bigelow beats on the Hitman, but Bret keeps coming back. Bret makes a comeback, Bigelow cuts him off. They battle for a few minutes, and Bret uses the Victory Roll to pin Bigelow and send everyone home happy.

Here we go! The 7th Annual Survivor Series (1993) Edition.

Team Captain, Tatanka, Doink The Clown, Mabel & Mo vs Team Captain, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bastian Booger, Samu & Fatu

Jack Tunney steps in and bans the use of multiple Doink's when the clown is turned face. With that, I want to "finish" up the summer storyline Bam Bam Bigelow had with Tatanka and lead that into the feud with Doink here. This is why Tatanka is the captain. Bring in M.O.M. because they are the new team in town. Bammer brings in Bastian and the Headshrinkers. This can have elements of the comedy in it, but I would want it to be more serious. I see this coming down to Bam Bam vs his 4 opponent's. Bam Bam does catch Doink and eliminate him, but Doink pulls some kind of prank on Bigelow to distract him and Tatanka can roll him up for the win. Bam Bam will transition into his rivalry with Doink at this point (poor Bam Bam).

Team Captain, Razor Ramon, 1-2-3 Kid, Marty Jannetty, Randy Savage (Replacing Mr. Perfect) vs Team Captain, Rick Martel, Adam Bomb, Crush & I.R.S.

The famous (in my re-booking series) IC title Survivor Series match. IC Champ, Razor brings with him his pals 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty. Mr. Perfect would have been the 4th, but he was injured and taken out prior to the show. For storyline purposes, we have him replaced by Randy Savage, whom is chasing after newly heel Crush. Crush's partner's are all top IC contenders, Rick Martel, Adam Bomb and I.R.S. Crush runs from Savage before getting tagged in, Savage chases him and gets counted out. The continue the match with Razor defeating I.R.S. Crush enters the ring, but Savage returns, Crush chases after him now, gets counted out. As all this is happening, IRS illegally enter the ring and hits Razor with the briefcase, but as Razor falls to the floor, he falls into one of his partners for the tag. Adam Bomb eventually elminates Jannetty. Kid gets his ass handed to him, but stays alive. Finally gets a hot tag to Ramon and he cleans house. He drops Martel with the Razor's Edge and hes gone. Bomb and Razor go back and forth, hot and heavy. Kid gets on the apron, makes a blind tag, nails a top rope dropkick, but Adam Bomb kicks out at the very last moment. Kid tags in Razor, who is able to pick up Adam Bomb for a fallaway slam, but also tags Kid in before he tosses Bomb, Kid climbs up and as Bomb hits, Kid lands a moonsault to get the impressive win.

Team Captain, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Keith Hart & Bruce Hart vs Shawn Michaels (replacing Jerry Lawler), Diesel, Dr. Tom Pritchard & Jimmy Del Rey (Replacing the Knights)

What a nightmare this match became because of Lawler's real-life legal problems. So we know that approx. 10 before the show (what is it with Survivor Series' having issues less than 2 weeks before shows?) that Lawler is off the show. In real-time, the WWF reinstate Shawn Michaels and just have him pretend to be the guy insulting the family all this time. Well that's stupid. He also kept the knights. Again..why? So, in this scenerio, HBK returns, fires the Knights. He brings with him his bodyguard Diesel. He also brings in the Heavenly Bodies to round out his team. They still battle the family The story can be simply, Lawler didn't trust his Knights and refused to fight. HBK returned and the WWF put him into the spot, promising him he could be referred to as the IC Champion, until they could figure out how to resolve that issue. HBK accepted the deal, saying a win over Bret and his stupid family would get him even more air time and shoot him to the top of the card even faster. We can still keep the Owen/Bret Story, just as it unfolded. The difference here is that the other two brothers are eliminated early. It ends up being Bret/Owen against the four opponent's. Bret and Owen get rid of the bodies, and Diesel. We can do that spot where Bret gets an eye poke, tags Owen, Owen ends up whipped into the ropes, and sends Bret flying. Shawn school boys Owen to eliminate him. Bret makes his comeback, Shawn ends up walking out of the match. The family returns to celebrate, but Owen isn't having it. Same angle as real-time, just different wrestlers and Bret is the Sole Survivor.

Team Captain, Lex Luger, The Undertaker, Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner vs Team Captain, Yokozuna, Ludvig Borga, Jacques Rougeau & Pierre

This is basically the same match that happened, without the Crush stuff. Both Quebecers are in the match instead. Luger survives, and starts a program with Borga. The tag title rivalry continues and Yokozuna moves on to Undertaker. Not much more needs to be said.

Today we look back at the 8th Annual Survivor Series (1994) Edition!

Team Captain, Undertaker, Bob Holly, Fatu & Seone vs Team Captain, Yokozuna, Hakushi, Dr. Tom Pritchard & Jimmy Del Rey

Undertaker/Yokozuna would have a series of casket matches on the house show loop, so I don't see the need to do it on PPV as well. A LOT of people will see it. So they can captain teams against each other. 'Taker brings with him the New Headsrinkers and Bob "Spark Plug" Holly. Yokozuna finds Cornette's other charges in The Heavenly Bodies and Mr. Fuji would use his Japanese connections to bring in Hakushi for this team. I see this coming down to Undertaker vs Yoko and Hakushi. It's always been tossed around that the character and more specifically the music Hakushi uses was made to be a complete opposite of Undertaker. I think it would be fun to have them two be the last two in the ring. You could build a small program around this till the Rumble if you want, or you could just let it happen here and re visit this later. Undertaker would win, but maybe a DQ finish, to protect Hakushi.

Team Captain, Lex Luger, Mabel, Mo & Adam Bomb vs Team Captain, Tatanka, Bam Bam Bigelow, IRS & King Kong Bundy

The Million Dollar Corporation vs Lex Luger and friends. Since Mo returns at the TV tapings before this show, I add him in with Mabel to team with Adam Bomb against Dibiase's team of Tatanka, Bam Bam, IRS and King Kong Bundy. If you really wanted to start the 'Taker vs Million Dollar Corporation feud here, Just have them attack 'Taker to cause the DQ in the previous match. Steal the urn, he chases one of them off...I'd say Kama here, but you can switch Kama and IRS if you really want to. As far as the match goes, Luger's friends fall to the opponent's. It comes down to Luger vs all. He can battle through a couple of them (Bundy and IRS) but falls to Tatanka after Bam Bam helps put him down.

Team Captain, Razor Ramon, 1-2-3 Kid, Aldo Montoya & Doink the Clown vs Team Captain, Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Jeff Jarrett & Kwang

My famous (not really) IC title Survivor Series match. And well, yikes! So let's quickly get rid of the lower card guys, Aldo, Doink and Kwang gone very early on. We can also get Jarrett out, but give him some offense first. This boils down to The Kliq. They can have a rematch of sorts from their Action Zone tag title match. This should go like 10-12 minutes of back and forth action. Diesel gets his hands on Kid, Jackknife, thanks for coming. But the future Two Dudes With Attitudes have a mis-communication (SUPERKICK!) and Razor gets the pin on Diesel. Shawn walks off as Diesel chases him. Razor survives.

Team Captain, Bret Hart, British Bulldog, Billy & Bart Gunn vs Team Captain, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, Bob Backlund & Jerry Lawler

The feud that carried the WWF this year. Bret Hart vs Owen Hart. Bret brings in brother-in-law British Bulldog and they team with the Smoking Gunns (probably the most over babyface team at this time) against Owen's team of Bret hater's. Brother-in-law Jim Neidhart, former WWF Champion Bob Backlund and always hating on Bret, Jerry "The King" Lawler. The only issues with re-booking these shows with all Survivor Series matches is that you may lose some cool single's matches, and title matches. That happens here...Bret vs Backlund with Owen's turning into a lowlife scum heel in awesome to me. Owen was always the jealous heel, but this show in real time is when he becomes that scum kind of heel by playing with his parent's heads and causing him Mom to forfeit the title for Bret. We lose that here, which is unfortunate, but I think you could build to that moment in this match and put off the title match till the Royal Rumble. You don't have to have Diesel winning the title in a few days, you could wait until early '95. So as far as this match goes, Neidhart goes first, then both Gunns end up out next. Lawler would fall to Bret. Backlund gets Bulldog out with the Chicken Wing. Bret and Owen on the floor fighting, and Bob won't break the hold. Bret finally breaks away and breaks it up. Owen cheap shots Bret, causing Bret to get locked into the hold. The referee stops the match because Bret can't get to the ropes and passes out. Bob won't let go, Owen puts Bulldog in the Sharpshooter to keep him injured. Eventually a few babyfaces rush the ring for the save. Owen and Backlund survive. Owen cuts a locker room promo stating that since he was robbed on the Action Zone, and not allowed to challenge Bret for the title any longer, he found that Mr. Backlund is capable of defeating his brother, and he fully backs Bob in challenging Bret for the title. They tease the challenge will be answered on TV this weekend. As we end the show, Bret and Bulldog is getting attention in the ring.

I know that Vince doesn't like to end PPVs with heels on top during this era, but for the story to continue, it should be this way. And it's the only match that has a good amount of main-eventer's and upper mid-card guys. You could go with this match in the middle of the card and end the show on the Razor win and the tease of Diesel/HBK breaking up. I'd be OK with that. IT would be weird that Aldo Montoya, Doink and Kwang to be in the main event of a show, but that's the roster at this time.

Love the idea of this though there are little things here and there I don't care for.

Undertaker vs. Hakushi strikes me as a really bad match idea, since I can't see UT being able to work that pace or take most of Hakushi's offense. He'd bury him even if he wasn't trying to.

Also I think the 91 and 94 title changes both should stay. With only 4 PPV's a year, it's not a bad idea to be able to have a title change at each if you need one. I also think Bret needed a singles win in a big match to end the show at 92 to really cement he's the guy. Bam Bam had barely returned at that point, having him lose to Bret here would be counter productive.

Love the idea of this though there are little things here and there I don't care for.

Undertaker vs. Hakushi strikes me as a really bad match idea, since I can't see UT being able to work that pace or take most of Hakushi's offense. He'd bury him even if he wasn't trying to.

Also I think the 91 and 94 title changes both should stay. With only 4 PPV's a year, it's not a bad idea to be able to have a title change at each if you need one. I also think Bret needed a singles win in a big match to end the show at 92 to really cement he's the guy. Bam Bam had barely returned at that point, having him lose to Bret here would be counter productive.

I don't totally disagree about the Undertaker/Hakushi comments. But hey, you gotta try some new stuff from time to time as well. And it's just fantasy booking with whats available! Haha

However the title changes can't stay, because the whole idea of this re-booking project is that every match is Survivor Series matches. I agree that some years, some of these other matches should stay, and if I was just re-booking shows, some of these would stay. But the fun of the show is that all the matches are elimination matches. Some combinations work really well, some won't because of the rosters at those times, but its fun trying to fill a show with nothing but Survivor matches.

9th Annual Survivor Series Re-book (1995) coming your way!

Team Captain, Alundra Blayze, Heidi Lee Morgan, Kyoko Inoue, Sakie Hasegawa & Chaparita Asari vs Team Captain, Bertha Faye, Aja Kong, Luna Vachon, Lioness Asuka & Tomoko Watanabe

So I basically kept the ladies match intact, with one added wrestler on each time. With only like 3-4 girls on the WWF roster, and the rest coming in from Japan, there wasn't a whole lot I could do here. The match would be basically what happened in real time. The plan here was to build Aja Kong as the next challenger, this is the place to do it. She wins.

Team Captain, Bam Bam Bigelow, Savio Vega, Hakushi, Barry Horowitz & Bob Holly vs Team Captain, Goldust, Skip, Rad Radford, Henry Godwinn & Dr. Tom Pritchard

As I've mentioned before, the roster's get a little bare around this time, and because of the added woman's match, it let's me move the men's matches back to 5 on 5 for this show. The pairings can be very random at times, but what can you do? ;) Since Goldust is the new hotly pushed talent in this match, he'll get the win here.

Team Captain, Undertaker, Ahmed Johnson, Fatu, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn vs Team Captain, King Mabel, Jerry Lawler, H.H.H., Dr. Issac Yankem & Dean Douglas

Deadman's team against Royality. Continuing the Undertaker/King Mabel rivalry, they will captain teams. Mabel brings in the Royality of the WWF, King Lawler and his royal dentist Yankem. Blueblood, HHHH and the Royal Scholar so-to-speak, Dean Douglas. 'Taker brings newcomer Ahmed Johnson, Fatu and the Smoking Gunns. Hunters sends Fatu packing, The Gunns double-team HHH so he's gone. Lawler piledrivers a Gunn to send him away. Douglas sends the other packing. Ahmed Pearl River plunges Lawler and Douglas so they are gone. Taker tombstones Yankem...Mabel runs off leaving Taker/Johnson as the Survivors.

Team Captain, Bret Hart, Diesel, Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty vs Team Captain, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Yokozuna, Sid & 1-2-3 Kid (Replacing Jean-Pierre LaFitte)

This is an awesome match for the time period. So much talented guys in this match. Yes, I know, we lose that awesome Diesel/Bret Hart title match, but the idea here to have all Survivor Serires matches. So they are teaming, as they are top faces. Diesel welcomes his friends Razor and HBK, and former Rocker Marty Jannetty joins them here. Owen Hart captains the opposing team. He partners with brother-in-law Davey Boy Smith, tag partner Yokozuna. Sid and 1-2-3 Kid who replaces Jean Pierre LaFitte (who was here because he had been feuding with Bret, and Owen wanted Bret Hart haters). So the match. hard choices here. Marty goes first, as the Kid takes him out. Razor chases after the kid, gets caught by Sid and dropped to eliminate Razor. Shawn sneaks in and Superkicks Sid out of the match. Bret gets Kid to tap to the Sharpshooter. Bret pins Owen with a flash pin after getting kicked by Shawn. Diesel Big Boots Yokozuna out of the ring and he gets counted out. Bulldog sneaks in and hammers Diesel, school boying him to eliminate the champ. HBK Superkicks Bulldog for the win. Diesel is pissed he was eliminated and Powerbombs Bret, then leaves. HBK chases after the champ as Bret is injured to close the show.

This last match, is really hard to book. You could go any number of ways. So many of them as good or more likely better than what I have done. I just decided to tease a three-way feud going forward because they were becoming popular around this time period. But it also leaves just a Bret/Diesel match for the next show. You really could just move the Bret title win to December, and his match with Bulldog at Rumble. and Diesel's rematch in Feb. Diesel and 'Taker could meet up in the Royal Rumble to start their thing going to WM. Shawn wins at the Rumble to set up his angle with Bret at Mania.

I would love to hear your ideas for booking this main event.

The 10th Annual Survivor Series (1996) re-booked with all Survivor Series matches! So let's get to it.

Team Captain: Bart Gunn, Jesse James, The Godwinns, Aldo Montoya vs Team Captain: Billy Gunn, The Goon, The New Rockers, Sultan

So, forgive my choices now, please. Smoking Gunns break up a month earlier. In real time they captain teams on the free-for-all. So they do here as well. Bart Gunn returns to a babyface role here, he partners with Jesse James Armstrong, Aldo Montoya and The Godwinns. His brother, Billy, brings in a very random team of The Goon, Sultan and The New Rockers. They seem to want to push Billy over Bart, so Billy is the Sole Survivor.

Team Captain: Marc Mero, Flash Funk, Jake Roberts (replacing Mark Henry), Bob Holly, Savio Vega vs Team Captain: Triple H, Bradshaw, Sal Sincere, Razor Ramon & Diesel

More fun. So this is the IC title Survivor Match, but wow, how sad is it. Yikes! Mero vs HHH can be fun. Mero has the newly debuting Flash Funk (2 Cold Scorpio for those who don't know). Bob Holly, Savio Vega and Jake Roberts, who was replacing an injured Mark Henry. Hunter gets help from Justin Bradshaw, Salvatore Sincere and the wannabe Razor Ramon and Diesel. Ummmm, well HHH is getting the IC push, the rest of his team is already forgotten about, so we are going to have it come down to Mero/Funk against HHH. HHH walks when he realizes it's two against one, ala Honky Tonk from 1987.

Team Captain: Bret Hart, Rocky Maivia, Barry Windham, Phil LaFon & Doug Furnas vs Team Captain: Steve Austin, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Faarooq & Jerry Lawler

The always fun Bret Hart hater's match we've had the last few years. This year, Steve Austin is the captain. He brings in evil little brother Owen, Brother-in-law Davey Boy, and Jerry Lawler. Faarooq is here to round out the team, and his alliance with Clarence Mason, who manages the tag team champion Owen & Bulldog during this time. Bret brings with him the tag team chasing OWen & Bulldog, that team being Furnas and LaFon. The debuting Rocky Maivia and veteran Barry Windham. The tag teams eliminate each other. Faarooq takes out Windham, Bret eliminates Faarooq, Rocky gets Lawler. Austin takes on both of the babyfaces, being a bad ass. He ends up losing to them, but puts up a big time fight, and goes down swinging. Bret and the rookie takes it.

Team Captain: Shawn Michaels, Sid, Undertaker, Yokozuna & Mystery Partner (Jimmy Snuka) vs Team Captain: Vader, Mankind, Executioner, Crush & Goldust

Another hard one to book. Do you keep the champ strong? Does he job to set up next month's challenger? What do you do with Mankind/Undertaker? All very good questions. All very hard decisions. This is one of those Survivor Series shows that those single's matches should stick around, but for the sake of doing this project, let's see what we can do here. Paul Bearer brings his three guys together (I know Vader isn't with him yet, but we're only a few weeks away from this happening.) Goldust makes sense with his pairing with Mankind from the Summer/Fall. Crush is the here to make it a 5 man team. HBK brings in Sid, as they were partner's throughout the same time period. 'Taker is chasing after Mankind/Executioner. Yokozuna has unfinished business with Vader. Jimmy Snuka is there, because I really believe they had other plans for the mystery partner, but it fell through and they went with Snuka last minute. He's gone first. Taker eliminates Mankind, but Mankind causes 'Taker's elimination. Executioner causes his own elimination, helping Mankind battle 'Taker to the locker room.Vader drops Yokozuna. Sid takes out Crush. HBK kicks Goldust out. Sid gets Superkicked by HBK on accident as Vader moved out of the way, Vader pins Sid. Sid loses his shit, drops HBK with a powerbomb, punches out Lothario. Vader capitalizes with a big pinfall on HBK to win the match. Vader vs HBK still happens at It's Time, but if you want to add Sid for a Triple Threat, that's fine too.

Until next time, thanks for reading.

THe 11th Annual Survivor Series is here, the most controversial Survivor Series (1997) in history...but what would happen if there was NO title match to fight over?

Team Captain, Taka Michinoku, Mosh, Trasher, Bradshaw, Windham vs Team Captain, Brian Christpher, Furnas, LaFon, Marc Mero & Goldust

So very random teams here. I took the "we're pushing the light-heavyweight division for a month" approach here as I have Taka and BC captain teams. Taka has the Headbangers and the New Blackjacks. Brian brings Furnas and LaFon as well as Mero and newly heel Goldust. It comes down to Bradshaw/Taka vs BC, Mero. Goldust at one point isn't interested in whats going on and just walks away, ala Bad News Brown. Bradshaw drops Mero, but before Mero leaves, he uppercuts Bradshaw between the legs and BC gets the schoolboy pin. Taka pins BC with a Michinoku Driver II and survives for his team.

Team Captain, Kurrigan, Sniper, Recon, Henry Godwinn & Phineas Godwinn vs Team Captain, Crush, Chainz, 8-Ball, Skull & Vader

With the 5-man teams in this booking of the Survivor Series, it has created some interesting combinations here. The Truth Commission and The Godwinns against D.O.A. and Vader. DOA is basically DOA at this point, so they get some eliminations on Sniper and Recon, but Kurrigan and Godwinns destroy them leaving Vader. Vader tries hard, even gets an elimination, lets say Phineas, but Kurrigan takes Vader out to continue his going nowhere push. Survivors: Kurrigan and Henry Godwinn.

Team Captain, Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Ahmed Johnson, Hawk & Animal vs Team Captain, Faarooq, The Rock, Kama, D-Lo Brown & Mark Henry (Mystery Partner)

The Nation of Domination (I bumped Mark Henry's heel turn up to this show...just because) is a 5-man team here. Steve Austin captains this team, as he doesn't really fit into the main event match at all. Plus you can still have issues with him and Faarooq from the previous month's PPV. Austin has Ahmed, Shamrock and the LOD. At this point, Ahmed doesn't mean anything anymore, so I'd have Mark Henry show his power and drop Ahmed, eliminating him. LOD drop D-Lo with the Doomsday Device. Kama/Henry and LOD get the infamous tag team double DQ finish sending those guys away. Shamrock makes Rock tap starting their issues for '98. Austin stuns Faarooq to win the match for his team. Survivors: Austin/Shamrock

Team Captain, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kane, Billy Gunn & Road Dogg vs Team Captain, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, British Bulldog & Mankind

D-Generation X brings in their proteges The New Age Outlaws and make a deal with Paul Bearer to bring in Kane to round out their team. The Hart Foundation seek out Mankind for their fifth, basically saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of deal. Mankind accepts just so he can get his hands on Kane. Kane gets the first elimination Chokeslamming Neidhart. Mankind gets into the ring and battles it out with Kane. Kane tombstones Mankind to get the pin. Mankind gets rolled out, but when he recovers, Kane and him continuing battling, getting Kane counted out. BUlldog powerslams Road Dogg to elminate him. Billy Gunn catches Bulldog off guard with the Rocker Dropper for the quick elimination. Owen sneaks in and school boys Billy Gunn celebrating to send him packing. The match boils down to the Hart Brothers against DX. Owen gets Michaels with the enzigiri kick, but HHH is legal, Pedigrees him to send Owen out. Michaels is out cold. Bret and Hunter battle, Bret eventually gets HHH to surrender to the Sharpshooter. Now it's Bret vs HBK. Bret thinks Michaels is out, but Shawn kips up and sneak attacks Bret after a small Hunter distraction. Now these two just brawl, all over the place. Much like the beginning of the real-time match. They re-enter the match. Both teams crew (minus Kane/Mankind) return to brawl around the ringside area. The crowd is insane, in the Chaos and confusion of it all, Chyna trips up Bret, causing him to lose his concentration for one second, turns around and eats Sweet Chin Music and HBK wins the contest. All 8-men brawl as every referee and official come in to break it up. The final moment is the Harts in the ring as DX and NAO are sent to the locker room by the officials. SOLE SURVIVOR: Shawn Michaels

The 12th annual Survivor Series, re-booked (1998) is here! With the rules I put in place, we lose the entire world title tournament here. That will be a bother to a lot of people, as this is widely considered the best booked storyline PPV in history (or at least at the top of the chain). So, let's see what we can come up with for this year's Survivor Series elimination matches.

Team Captain: Animal, Mosh, Thrasher, Droz & Golga (replacing Hawk) vs

Team Captain: Steve Regal, 8-Ball, Skull, Brian Christopher & Scott Taylor

Interesting team captains here, but in looking over the rosters and making the teams, this makes the most sense for what I'm going for overall. LOD 2000 and DOA are in their never-ending feud here. Headbangers are just before their heel turn, and Too Much (soon to become Too Cool) are in the beginning stages of their tag team. Steve Regal is really the odd man out here, and I wanted to throw him into a different match later on in the card, but there just wasn't any room. Golga is added as the storyline for LOD 2000 was that Hawk was an alternate, and we'll just remove him here to further that storyline, plus with Golga involved, we can push the tension between the Oddities and Headbangers for later this year. I won't book out the finishes here, let's just say Regal is the most pushed guy here, and we'll survive for his team.

Team Captain: Scorpio (Replacing Al Snow), Bob Holly, Gangrel, Edge & Christian vs Team Captain: Taka Michinoku, Men's Teioh, Funaki, Dick Togo & Marc Mero

J.O.B. Squad & The Brood team up against Kaientai and Marc Mero. You'll see why Scorpio is listed as replacing Al Snow later in the card. This is the middle card match. Who should go over? Let's toss a coin. For the sake of conversation, I'll say Gangrel and Christian are the survivors.

Team Captain: Kane, X-Pac, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg & Al Snow (Replacing HHH) vs Team Captain: Undertaker, Faarooq, Bradshaw, D-Lo Brown & Mark Henry

The future Brother's of Destruction, Kane and Undertaker on opposite sides of the ring. Kane beginning a face turn, not fully complete at this point, but for the purpose of the rivalry, he'll captain the babyface eam with his partners, DX (and Al Snow replacing HHH, who wasn't cleared to wrestle yet). Undertaker hasn't transformed into the Ministry 'Taker yet, but the building blocks are in place. We'll throw the Acolytes as his partners. D-Lo and Mark Henry gets added to the team as well, they were challenging for the tag team title around this time, so them vs NAO makes sense. I see Undertaker being the sole survivor here, but the finish would be questionable, keeping Kane strong, but still losing to his older brother.

Team Captain: Steve Austin, The Rock, Goldust, Val Venis & Godfather vs Team Captain: Mankind, Big Boss Man, Ken Shamrock, Jeff Jarrett & Owen Hart

The early formation of the Corporation starts here. Without the title tournament here, we lose the story arc of Austin/Rock/Mankind over the title. For the purposes of assuming that the tournament happens after this show (maybe on Raw the next night, or at the next In Your House), we'll keep the parties on the same side. Austin survives. Mankind eliminates the Rock, setting up that story for the title finals. We could even use the mandible claw finish, shocking the fans, but also setting that precedent when Mankind vs Rock for the title happens and they use the IYH: Rock Bottom finish. We can even keep Shane McMahon a "lowly referee" in this match to advance that story until the tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

The 13th Annual (1999) Survivor Series, Re-booked!

Team Captain, Godfather & D-Lo Brown, Headbanger, Hardy Boyz & Edge & Christian vs

Team Captain, Dudley Boyz, Acolytes, Too Cool & Holly Cousins

The tag team elimination match joins us in the rebooking! I won't get into the complete booking of this match, just to say that i like Godfather and D-lo being the survivors here.

Team Captain, Tori, Debra, Miss Kitty, BB & Fabulous Moolah vs Team Captain, Ivory, Miss Jackie, Terri, Luna & Mae Young

Basically the same match in real-time, just an added member on each team. I'll give this to Ivory, as she's probably the most pushed of these girls around the Women's Title.

Team Captain, The Big Show, Val Venis, Mark Henry, Steve Blackman & Gangrel vs Team Captain, Big Boss Man, Prince Albert, British Bulldog, Mideon and Viscera

Boss Man's team takes out Show's partners. Big Show enters and cleans house. Boss man runs away, Big Show wins, then chases Boss man to the locker room.

Team Captain, The Rock, Kane (replacing Steve Austin), Mankind, Al Snow & Chris Jericho vs Team Captain, Triple H, X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn & Chyna

What?! DX as a ten-man tag team?! Well considering the angle's going on right now, this makes sense to me. Chyna wants to take out Jericho, HHH convinces her to rejoin DX to get him. The rest of the team is everyone feuding with DX at the time. Kane is brought in to replace Austin when it's decided he's gotta have the surgery. We would have just had Kane do a run-in on X-Pac, but with the Austin injury, he makes sense to be the fifth man here. Chyna/Jericho eliminate each other. NAO gets rid of Al Snow, Mankind drops Gunn. Mankind gets counted out when the Outlaws double-team Al Snow on the outside. Kane drops Road Dogg, HHH and X-Pac get rid of Kane. Kane stalks X-Pac so he's counted out and HHH gets a Rock Bottom and bows out to Rock to end the show with Rock on top.

The 14th Annual (2000) Survivor Series, let's see what an ALL Survivor Series, Survivor Series would be like!

Team Captain: Jerry Lawler, Steve Blackman, Hardcore Holly & Crash Holly vs Team Captain: Steven Richards, Val Venis, The Goodfather & Bull Buchanon

Jerry Lawler is sick of the RTC. Steven Richards picks a fight with the King, and challenges him to find partners to meet here in a Survivor Series encounter. Lawler finds help in Steve Blackman and The Holly Cousins, all of which are always up for a fight. Lawler pins Richards, but RTC's Val Venis is the sole survivor to keep their heat going a little while longer.

Team Captain: Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, D-Von Dudley & Bubba Ray Dudley vs Team Captain: Edge, Christian, D-Lo Brown & Chaz

What a difference a year makes. Last year, we had an eight-team Survivor Match, this year, we're down to 4 teams. This is a regular Survivor match. Let's have Jeff Hardy and D-Von be the survivors.

Team Captain: Chyna, Billy Gunn, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grand Master Sexay vs Team Captain: Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn

The Chyna and Eddie story ends here. The Radicalz win, Eddie and Benoit reign supreme.

Team Captain: Steve Austin, Undertaker, The Rock & Chris Jericho vs Team Captain: Triple H, Kurt Angle, Rikishi & Kane

The hot angle being pushed was Austin vs HHH, side story with Rock vs Rikishi. Undertaker vs Angle was the title feud here and Jericho and Kane couldn't get along. So many stories and moving parts in this main event. Rock takes care of Rikishi first. Kane chokelams Jericho to the locker room. 'Taker can Tombstone Kane out of the match. Angle will sneak up and pull a fast one on Undertaker to get rid of him. But Angle then runs away from the Deadman, leaving his team and eliminating himself. Rikishi returns and uses the sledgehammer to beat on The Rock, and gets a decent shot against Austin. Rock is pinned by HHH. Comes down to Austin vs HHH, Hunter tries to capitalize on the Rikishi interference. Rock is helped to the back. Austin and HHH battle back and forth. A quick Stunner ends the match and gets the win for Austin, but they continue the fight after the bell. HHH knocks Austin out with the sledgehammer to end the show.