Pro Wrestling Only

Is Triple H in your top 100?

Grimmas

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't put him on my list in good faith. Those Undertaker matches in particular are woeful, as well as spending thirty minutes in disbelief as he presented himself as a credible threat to Brock Lesnar and even worked the match like the ace. Even the face of the company in John Cena gets decimated by Lesnar and works the match on his terms.

Would have listed him ten years ago after growing up watching his every week - he did have some superb matches in his time. I've only watched sporadically since then but in the last decade Daniel Bryan is literally the only man to drag a great match out of him, and he has been involved in some utterly tedious self conscious epics.

I feel like a huge deal of the criticism towards Hunter is the way he was booked and while sure, there is a huge percentage of his career as the boss' in-law I do think we need to recall that he was very capable before any of that ever happened. Triple H was already on the trajectory towards being a top guy going all the way back to late 1998 so I feel like a lot of his legacy would have gone unchanged until present day with his COO stuff. Also, I think there's a huge problem with people fixating on his political history and they pretty much ignore the fact that he worked pretty much everyone WWE had come through the door for about a decade and as was already mentioned, had some pretty fantastic matches for a good while. I have Triple H on my list and I'm not ashamed of that. In the last 15 years, Triple H has been a staple and has been very good for a big part of that. Don't worry, Arn Anderson is much ahead of him :)

Yes HHH worked pretty much everyone who came thru WWE but how many of them actually had their best matches with HHH? I can't think of anyone who had better matches with HHH than their average output while there are a lot of other guys like Cena, Lesnar, CM Punk, Orton & Shawn who had some of their WORST big time matches against HHH.