Pro Wrestling Only

Where the Big Boys Play #81 - Top 100 Greatest Wrestlers Ever Special, Part 1: 100-41

I thought I'd be the only one w/ Rick Steiner on my list, but turns out Parv's BIGLAV system agrees that Rick Steiner is definitely one of the 100 greatest wrestlers of all time. That's another cool part of this project: Two people who probably compiled their top 100 in completely different ways can still reach a similar conclusion on someone like Rick Steiner.

As much fun as we had picking and poking at BIGLAV, I do think it was good for the overall process, not just for Parv.

I think it was good for the overall process because it got Parv back into participating in it and possibly provided a framework for others to use.

To me it runs completely counter to how I think about wrestling and my base instincts as a humanities person. I honestly tried to keep it at a distance because I didn't want to be critical of something that had brought a friend back into the project. That said it seems as if others at least enjoyed the discussion about the particulars of it which is good.

I finished listening to this yesterday. Enjoyed both lists. Chad's list I think is similar to a lot of us who have been around a while and branched out a bit. There was a real Yearbook influence to it, which is a nice little ode to all the work that Loss and GH put into that project. Parv's list was solid. Despite the BIGLAV system being in place (which I've been pronouncing incorrectly in my head all this time), it seemed to reflect where he's at with his viewing. Looking forward to part two.

I finished this episode of the show and am halfway through the second half as of now. This show has been great. I do disagree with where some of the guys are ranked, like Hogan for instance, but to each his own I suppose.

Overall this was a great episode of the show and part 2 has been as well. It's just phenomenal work, on a project that you can tell, Chad and Parv put a lot of effort and thought into. I can't wait to, finish part 2 and also see where everyone ranks at the end of the project. Keep up the great work Chad and Parv.

• 2 weeks later...