Pro Wrestling Only

Best Wrestlers Who Didn't Get Nominated

Dylan Waco

I just went through this thread and there's a lot of wrestlers mentioned here still not nominated. I don't think I'd vote for any of them, some of them are good, some of them are bad and a lot of them i've never heard of (and one is someone I know as a world of sport referee who the commentator likes to mention used to be a wrestler).

I want to give this thread a bump incase someone wants a list of wrestlers not nominated that someone at some point thought would be worth considering.

The list of wrestlers mentioned in this thread who still have not been nominated is:

⦁    D-Lo Brown
⦁    Val Venis
⦁    Jack Evans
⦁    Mammoth Sasaki
⦁    Yuko Miyamoto
⦁    Mitch Ryder
⦁    Tazz
⦁    Archie Gouldie/The Mongolian Stomper
⦁    Ryuki Ueyama
⦁    Wataru Sakata
⦁    Hiroyuki Ito
⦁    Osamu Kido
⦁    Hiro Saito
⦁    Manabu Suruga
⦁    Universo Dos Mil
⦁    Angel Mortal
⦁    Bearcat Wright
⦁    Mimi Hagiwara
⦁    Lucy Kayama
⦁    Noriyo Tateno
⦁    Sumie Sakai
⦁    Alan Kilby
⦁    Sid Cooper
⦁    Robby Baron
⦁    TJP/TJ Perkins
⦁    Kengo Mashimo
⦁    Preston Quinn
⦁    Tony Salazar
⦁    Ultraman
⦁    Skayde/Jorge Rivera
⦁    Kris Travis
⦁    Mark Andrews
⦁    Dave Mastiff
⦁    Randy Colley/Moondog Rex
⦁    Steve Bradley
⦁    BxB Hulk
⦁    Human Tornado
⦁    Americo Rossa
⦁    Villano V
⦁    Gran Cochisse
⦁    Primo Colon
⦁    Ryuji Yamakawa
⦁    LuFisto
⦁    The Miz
⦁    Shelton Benjamin
⦁    Sarah Stock/Dark Angel
⦁    Davey Boy Smith Jr/Harry Smith
⦁    Madusa Micelli
⦁    Lance Storm
⦁    Johnny Smith
⦁     Drew Delight
⦁    The Spoiler
⦁    Gran Naniwa
⦁    Brian Christopher/Grandmasta Sexay
⦁    KAORU
⦁    Little Tokyo
⦁    Baby Face/Babe Face
⦁    Dave Bond
⦁    Ephesto
⦁    Yusuke Fuke
⦁    Tommy Gilbert
⦁    Jimmy Hart
⦁    Sonny King
⦁    Oficale 911
⦁    Shunji Kosugi
⦁    Johnny Kwango
⦁    Mike Marino
⦁    Rick McGraw
⦁    Dokonjonosuke Mishima
⦁    Mitsuo Momota
⦁    Buck Robley
⦁    “Suicida” Mike Segura
⦁    Huracán Sevilla
⦁    El Signo
⦁    El Solitario
⦁    Super Strong Machine
⦁    George Takano
⦁    Clay Thomson
⦁    Victor Zangief
⦁    Zatura
⦁    SUWA
⦁    Blitzkrieg
⦁    Killer Karl Kox
⦁    Don Leo Johnathan
⦁    Dino Bravo
⦁    Tojo Yamamoto

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Bumping this again to share that there's eight non-nominated wrestlers who have at one point or another received votes in the wrestling observer newsletter year end poll for 'most outstanding wrestler'. There are people who thought each of these were all top 3 wrestlers in the world in at least one year. Are any of them worth nominating?

1.    Billy Kidman
2.    Tiger Mask IV
3.    Averno
4.    Dragon Lee
5.    Volador Jr
6.    Shuji Ishikawa
7.    Matt Riddle
8.    Utami Hayashishita

As someone who had Shuji on his ballot once or twice I should remember to nominate him soon. I'm not at all familiar with his death match work as that's generally something I stay away from, but he had a ~4-5 year run where between his work in BJW & AJPW he was among the best in the world. Not sure that's enough for him to ballot but certainly enough to warrant a nomination.

4 hours ago, El McKell said:

Bumping this again to share that there's eight wrestlers who have at one point or another received votes in the wrestling observer newsletter year end poll for 'most outstanding wrestler'. There are people who thought each of these were all top 3 wrestlers in the world in at least one year. Are any of them worth nominating?

1.    Billy Kidman
2.    Tiger Mask IV
3.    Averno
4.    Dragon Lee
5.    Volador Jr
6.    Shuji Ishikawa
7.    Matt Riddle
8.    Utami Hayashishita

I would say Dragon Lee, Volador Jr, Shuji Ishikawa, and Utami all deserve a closer look

4 hours ago, El McKell said:

Bumping this again to share that there's eight wrestlers who have at one point or another received votes in the wrestling observer newsletter year end poll for 'most outstanding wrestler'. There are people who thought each of these were all top 3 wrestlers in the world in at least one year. Are any of them worth nominating?

1.    Billy Kidman
2.    Tiger Mask IV
3.    Averno
4.    Dragon Lee
5.    Volador Jr
6.    Shuji Ishikawa
7.    Matt Riddle
8.    Utami Hayashishita

Not seen enough of the others, but Utami deserves a shout cause she's been good right out of the gate (with one of the best debut matches ever) and has been consistently good to great since

14 hours ago, cad said:

Part of me wants to nominate Cicloncito Ramirez/Pequeño Olimpico, who probably raised Virus's game more than any other opponent. But would it lead to any discussion, or anyone seriously considering the guy? It feels like I'd just be doing it for myself.

When you look at the view counts compared to post counts in all these threads it's clear there's plenty of people lurking so even if there's no real discussion it might lead to a 1 or 2 people checking out the matches you recommend for the nomination. And if you think he's someone who seriously could be in your top 100 in 2026 then you should nominate him just for yourself no? So you can put in the ballot you really want to.