Pro Wrestling Only

Ed Leslie post having his face caved in

Judy Bagwell

I didnt mind him so much in the barber gimmick, but yeah after he came back in late 92 early 93, the Hogan-Beefcake lovefest was sickening. Every interview was " The Hulkster was the only one there for me, my friend til the end, hearts beating together" Just corny, goofy stuff that got super stale. He was never a good worker, although he did get himself over, although probably more so for the gimmick and over push that he got during that time.

I still stand by the idea that Brutus is the biggest hanger on in the business. He built his entire career around being Hogans friend and Hogan being loyal to him

the backlash against him seemed to really crank into gear once he returned from the parasailing incident. I have vague memories of him giving an emotional comeback promo where he was booed

The WM9 tag match lead in felt rushed and the match itself was horrible with beefer wearing that shitty face protector, did he do anything in the Fed afterwards before leaving ?

Its hilarious that he rips on the Barber gimmick as that was his best by far and a lot of WWF late 80s kids will have fond memories of his run as the Barber

Im still pissed he ended Curts streak

The actual crowd responses to that emotional promo that basically sounded like Beefcake was on the verge of suicide:

3ELa0Iz.gif yjBgz4G.gif

Unrelated to his actual work, but as a kid I remember seeing a National Enquirer headline in the supermarket checkout, implying he and Mary Tyler Moore had some sort of secret relationship. The headline was something like "Beefcake Floors Moore" and I asked my friend Eric what "floored" meant, and he did that "you don't KNOW??" thing that kids do when they also do not know. Nothing really comes up online about this other than her being at WM6, does anybody else know what the hell I'm talking about?

Didnt someone actually yell "kill yourself" during that promo on Raw?

Probably. The crowd was silent during that entire interview, so any catcalls should be very easy to hear. I wouldn't be surprised if someone yelled that out, because the whole promo was basically "My life sucked, my face was broken, my wife left me, but Hulkamania saved my life". The whole thing sounded like a suicide note until the end, so it makes sense someone in the crowd would have picked up on that and yelled it out. I'm definitely never, ever going to watch that Raw again so i can't say for sure.

I was neither here nor there on him at the time but looking back I can see how his presence got annoying. When he turned on Hulk after the cage match with Flair a few years earlier from this point, I remember being kind of hooked by it.

I read his dislike of "The Barber" character more as knowing his limits as a performer, and feeling more comfortable surrounded by people like Valentine and Valiant.

I remember seeing this promo on The Network some time ago and thinking to myself...who the fuck gave this the green light? The fans were hot for his return and then it turns into a 10 minute pity party which game off as completely sad in a 'go away you are depressing me' type of why and not the 'Man! This guy has been eating shit for some time, I want to see him rise up!'. I honestly believe that if he received the cries, cheers, chants, etc. Vince and company thought he would--we would have been in line for another Beefcake push which would have been beyond terrible. I think the crowd shitting on this completely saved everyone from what would have been if WWE had its way.