Pro Wrestling Only

Tag Teams Back Again Episode 15: GWE Top 25 Sell Out Special!

I had a great time doing this with Sleeze but by the end I was running on fumes and basically playing the "check out this podcast for my views on this guy" card quite a bit

Come on, Tim and I did 5.5 hours straight on our top 50 with energy to spare! Another reason Toronto is better than Vancouver folks!

Canuck-on-Canuck crime. Ouch.

Have to speak up for my hometown of Vancouver. And I've lived in Toronto. No contest.

I am just past the Cena rant, and I kind of love you and hate you in equal measure right now Sleaze. I agree with every word you said obviously and I absolutely love that you have him that high. But fuck man. You have set the bar too high. I will try but there's no way my case for Cena will be anywhere near as good as that.

Popped for #8 as well.

This has been another super enjoyable show, it got me through the special brand of self-torture I call "running" this afternoon. I ended up scaring a bunch of unsuspecting kids by suddenly exclaiming "He does look like Johnny Unitas!" really loudly.

Most importantly, I'd like to thank you for the super nice promo putting Matt and I over at the start of the show. Much appreciated, but it's even a little embarrassing to me because your show - just like all the others so far - has been so fucking great, and I honestly feel like a pale imitation of actual legit podcasters like yourselves.

Why do people think the curtain call was some big deal at the time? The only people who knew about it were the crowd at MSG and readers of the sheets.

Because it's referenced in WWE revisionist lore as the only reason HHH wasn't pushed as the gigantic superstar he obviously deserved to be even sooner

Finally finished this yesterday morning but forgot to come back and say how enjoyable this was. Thought you guys found a great sweet spot between discussing why you like the wrestlers you ranked *and* the matches that stood out in that context as well as on their own. It was also great to hear your fawning and raving escalate as you moved up the list as it really came across how much stronger you both felt about the names higher on the

It also didn't hurt that I think my top 10 has 6 or 7 names in common with Sleeze's, including 3-4 at the exact same spot. You know your rasslin! Kelly's list? There was some very strong yay/boo action going on with alternating picks, but hey, the man knows what he likes and has/hasn't seen. Can't complain about consistency.

Loved hearing how you came to NY for the ROH show just to see Liger. I also went to that show for the exact same reason, though I only had to hop on the subway for a minute rather than head out of town. But no chance was I missing Jushin Liger in person.

August 5, 2000 at Differ Ariake is the debut show and features Misawa & Taue vs Kobashi & Akiyama in 2 out of 3 falls match. Angle after match to set up the next night so be sure to check it out.

August 6, 2000 at Differ Ariake is the second show and features Akiyama vs Kobashi in the main event and Misawa & Ogawa vs Ikeda & Shiga, Taue & Izumida vs No Fear in the co-main events.

Very cool we were at the same show! I met Adam Cole & Jimmy Jacobs after the show. They were cool. Great minds think alike!

Thanks Eegah! We will try. My life was kinda clusterfuck and still, but good news, I fucking love wrestling again. Was burnt out for a couple months so that should help overcome my clusterfuck life right now.

• 1 month later...